Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
shonky
KVRian
876 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:22 am

BeeDog wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:19 am
I am in GAS mode right now and feel like hitting on one Oeksound plug-in and/or Fabfilter Pro-Q 3. But I have also been eyeing crossgrade deals for NI Kontakt 6. Is it wise to expect NI deals during Easter or should I forget about it?
I think the Komplete offers are usually during June, the individual product offers in November

Gamma-UT
KVRAF
4697 posts since 8 Jun, 2009 from UK

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:53 am

Harry_HH wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm
? Its not rubbish, stupid to claim something like that.
I have purchased about 400 plugins and samplepacks over more than 10 years period of time. Very, very seldom I have paid the VAT, which is to my country BTW 24 %, when I bought from the dealer.
E. g. the top dealers JRR and Audio deluxe won't add any VAT.
Developer shops, however, add always the VAT, and so does e. g. the Pluginalliance.
You've exploited a loophole in the VAT system. That's all. You're not alone in using it and it's up to you if you do. But please stop pretending that a European vendor that is unable to help you exploit that loophole is somehow doing something wrong.

I apologise if that gets in the way of your regular daily whinge about something or other.

Harry_HH
KVRAF
3463 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 am

Gamma-UT wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:53 am
Harry_HH wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm
? Its not rubbish, stupid to claim something like that.
I have purchased about 400 plugins and samplepacks over more than 10 years period of time. Very, very seldom I have paid the VAT, which is to my country BTW 24 %, when I bought from the dealer.
E. g. the top dealers JRR and Audio deluxe won't add any VAT.
Developer shops, however, add always the VAT, and so does e. g. the Pluginalliance.
You've exploited a loophole in the VAT system. That's all. You're not alone in using it and it's up to you if you do. But please stop pretending that a European vendor that is unable to help you exploit that loophole is somehow doing something wrong.

I apologise if that gets in the way of your regular daily whinge about something or other.
What a bull***t. I’m not exploiting anything, I paid always the amount shown under the last line of the bill.
And so do you. Stop whining and pretending something better.

Ryan99
KVRian
585 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 am

Please continue your mud fight in private. We don’t care...

topaz
KVRAF
4395 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:32 am

Dodging tax is usually exclusively for the rich. i'm sure one day soon they will work out a way to stop all kinds of avoidance (apart from them of course) .

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3453 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:57 am

The only VAT i know is VAT69! :clown:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

dzilizzi
KVRian
1050 posts since 21 Sep, 2013 from California

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:49 pm

martinjuenke wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:57 am
The only VAT i know is VAT69! :clown:
2 problems:
Probably need to pay VAT on that, and, even more importantly, it looks empty. :dog: :hihi:

Though Scotch sounds really good right now. :tu:

Tappistry
KVRian
1267 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Any particular reason to get the UJAM drummer bundle if I have Superior Drummer 3?

Fleer
KVRAF
4193 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Any particular reason to get the UJAM drummer bundle if I have Superior Drummer 3?
The price :)

SolarAxix
KVRist
212 posts since 3 Feb, 2017

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:07 pm

DMS Ascension Synthesizer is currently on sale at Plugin Boutique for $19 (Regularyly $99) and on the KVR Market Place for $23 (Regularly $79). (On their own website (warning, turn your volume down if you click this link!!), it shows up as $86.26 USD plus taxes?? for total of $103.51, but it also comes with an extra 1800 bonus MIDI loops).

It does look like an interesting synth and at $19, the price seems OK purchase it, but I do have a few questions.

On the Plugin Boutique site, it mentions that it's an exclusive release which comes with an expansion with over 130 presets, 60 midi loops, and over 440 mb of ROM. There's no mention of it for the KVR Market Place. It looks that on the KVR Market Place, it is managed by Dance Midi Samples. I'm concerned that if I purchase it from Plugin Boutique, I might not get updates vs getting it directly from Dance Midi Samples and I'd prefer not to have to purchase it again from Dance Midi Samples in the future for an upgrade.

Anyone have any comments or experiences with purchasing it through Plugin Boutique? Do you get to register it on the Dance Midi Samples' site (the installer seems to come directly from Plugin Boutique though based on the install instructions). At $19, it's almost a no-brainer, but I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars more (minus the extra ROM) on the KVR market place instead if it meant better future support Dance Midi Samples.

Also, Music Radar seems to say that's it's a decent synth and based on the review price of £149, it's already gone down in price since then -- maybe they aren't selling it as many licenses as they were expecting at the release price.

mgw38
KVRAF
1535 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:21 pm

There is a DMS Ascension thread that should answer all you questions:

viewtopic.php?t=504689

The discussion regarding the takeover from WA Production and the current sale Plugin Boutique starts at the end of page 2.

Nobdi
KVRist
254 posts since 29 Apr, 2010

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Similar question here.
Not sure ujam Heavy (at Plugin Boutique for €29 atm) is versatile enough to be of any use in the long run. I tested the demo and I like it but fear that the variations/grooves provided will get boring and limiting pretty fast ?!?
Anyone out there who has used it for longer ?

morelia
KVRAF
4452 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:41 am

Anyone having trouble with Oeksound Soothe from jrrshop? I'm trying to register the serial on the Oek website but it comes up as failed. How do I get this sucker working jrr?
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Omkar
KVRian
781 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:13 am

morelia wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:41 am
Anyone having trouble with Oeksound Soothe from jrrshop? I'm trying to register the serial on the Oek website but it comes up as failed. How do I get this sucker working jrr?
Ouch, just back home and about to purchase today. Will wait now ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

morelia
KVRAF
4452 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:44 am

I redeemed the code in iLok license manager so it must be a misunderstanding on my part.

There is a redeem page on the Oeksound site so I'm not sure what that's for.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”