SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a humble "Feature Request" for Synthmaster 2.x - remove all skins that doesn't work from the list of selectable skins so that one doesn't get stuck while trying skins out. Remove the "player" skin from the list, and so forth. Super annoying when it happens. This might be invalid with the latest update, I haven't downloaded it yet.

mrj1nx wrote:Here's a humble "Feature Request" for Synthmaster 2.x - remove all skins that doesn't work from the list of selectable skins so that one doesn't get stuck while trying skins out. Remove the "player" skin from the list, and so forth. Super annoying when it happens. This might be invalid with the latest update, I haven't downloaded it yet.
hi there

we already removed them from the v2.9 installers. so I'd suggest a clean installation: delete the data folder and reinstall full setup (not update)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

My requests:

- add a permanent highpass filter for each oscillator that works independently from the other mods like Bend+, Bend-. The reason is this: especially if using the "Bend" algos, there is often hefty sub-bass rumble (better said: DC Offset) introduced. Also, some waveforms have a DC offset in general that needs to be removed. The "Highpass" mode does that well, but if using that mode, no other mode like Bend+ or Bend- can be used. Filtering the bass on the finished patch with a third party plugin afterward is not an option either as the "wrong bass / DC offset" moves with the pitch. So the only real option is to have a permanent adjustable highpass filter directly at the oscillator level (could simply be set to 0Hz for already existing patches as default, so that their sound will not change in further releases of Synthmaster).

- Waveform normalization upon loading. Reason: it is a fact that many waveforms / wavetables have much lower volume than others. If switching between waveforms, the loudness can considerable change, depending on the amplitude of the waveform. It would be great if Synthmaster would simply normalize each waveform that it loads directly when it loads it so that there aren´t such hefty volume jumps between different 3rd party waveforms / wavetables.
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

You should be very proud of this product. It truly does almost everything, is beautiful, quite stable and sounds great. Good job!!!!

FR...I would like to see the velocity levels in the arp section have a grab bar or some easy way to move them quickly up and down. Now it seems they only use the mouse wheel.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: FR...I would like to see the velocity levels in the arp section have a grab bar or some easy way to move them quickly up and down. Now it seems they only use the mouse wheel.
But we already have that :)

Move mouse over the upper right corner of the step the mouse icon will change.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: FR...I would like to see the velocity levels in the arp section have a grab bar or some easy way to move them quickly up and down. Now it seems they only use the mouse wheel.
But we already have that :)

Move mouse over the upper right corner of the step the mouse icon will change.

Awesome!!! Somehow I knew it was already there.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Hi there, i would really love to see a polyphonic glide mode!

I would love if someone answered my Support emails so i could log on to the user area, update synthmaster and i could give feature requests.

Better Yet, i request you implement a Support Department!!

architec wrote: 5) Sequencer GUI (specifically, the arpeggiator is OK imho). Very difficult to navigate, especially to set note-specific velocities/lengths.
+1.000

I love Synthmaster, and the only need for improvement I personally see is a GUI overhaul.

The sound and the multitude of options are great (and incredible value for money!) and I don´t think it needs to do a lot more - but it lacks usability in some places, the step sequencer being the worst offender.

Really, clicking a miniature arrow to see sequence steps above an octave (and then click to go down again, never seeing all steps at a glance) is painful. And then if the sequence is a bit "too long", add moving left/right to moving up/down. Feels like editing my XP-50 or ASR-10 somehow...

I would also really need to see and edit both oscillators of a layer at once. And both filters. And in the modulator section, please show at least a name of all possible modulators (e.g. ADSR 1 + 4) at one glance (not in a dropdown per modulator type!) and indicate which of them are being used.

For many tasks, I try to use Synthmaster One these days because of these Synthmaster GUI shortcomings - whenever I try to do more than just customize a preset sound in Synthmaster, I want to throw my Macbook out of the window :hihi:

(However, while Synthmaster One is largely a pleasure to use, its Arp/Seq section suffers from the same problem... a miniature window with little arrows instead of a magnifying glass that gives a full-size "popup" of the sequence)

Hi, I'm new to this forum and created this account to be able to post this.

Synthmaster 2 has been my go-to synth for a while now and I've designed a lot of sounds for it. It has been absolutely amazing to work with, but as always is the case, there are some things I think could be added.

I may note some things here that are present in the synth, but I'm too blind to find them. Please tell me so if that's the case. If this is true, I apologize.

1.I find myself working a lot with octaving oscillators, but it's very difficult to get them precise, due to the fact that the "Coarse Tune" knob doesn't always actually change the pitch by exactly an octave, even though it claims so. It can be off by half a semitone. I suggest adding an octave knob that changes for instance from -4 to +4 octaves.
2.A wideness/ stereo separation knob (on the oscs/ layers/ master) would help making the sounds mono compatible.
3.I like working with modulating the filter cutoff and resonances on the filter sections, but I find it rather difficult to get a good result, due to the lack of visual representation of those modulations on the graphs (many other synths do).
4.Even though the FX are amazing and because of that the sounds sometimes hardly need any post-processing, I think there's some room for improvement. Ideas are a flanger, frequency shifter, experimental reverbs.
5.I like how the user has a lot of control over the Pulse waveshape in the oscillator with the phase knob. However, I miss a phase start knob on this waveshape like in for instance Sylenth1, where I can adjust the phase of an osc to make it sound different when combined with another osc, but not on it's own. This would add more synthesis capabilities.
6.Finally I'd like mix knobs on the filter sections. This would allow me much more control over modulation on for instance cutoff and resonance on acids.

I hope any of these ideas help :)

Have a great day.

More "dated" preset.
I know I am weak, yes have more preset you find on the billboard currently.
Pls don't use the light color words. It is very hard to see. Especially for the knots and tabs.
More preset on LFOs, like the "sidechain" that used frequently by Chainsmoker.
Basic more preset from every parameters. XD
Morphing layer 1 and layer 2 like the Sylenth1 does for cutoff.

GeorD Music wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:43 pm I may note some things here that are present in the synth, but I'm too blind to find them. Please tell me so if that's the case. If this is true, I apologize.
Double for me as I'm a fresh convert, and barely beyond exploring presets.

My biggest request is - a delay, or attack, or both on the LFOs! This may already be under consideration as SM1 has this, but I have to mention it as it's such an important feature for me!

As mentioned before - much larger parameter info (under the patch name at the top). I use this info religiously and can't live my life squinting to read this important data every few minutes while patch designing and modifying.

I could really use brighter/more contrasting knob and button labels, especially as I find myself using SMs on my laptop more and more, and the GUI therefore gets a little small for dino eyes.

For me, the highlight bar in the browser (especially on Default, and Default Blue) needs to be more clear and obvious (a 30% difference is a good rule).

Finally, EQ handles that are free floating, and not locked down (vertically or horizontally). I'd also like to see frequency centers added, i.e., 60hz, 120hz, 240hz, etc., to at least the main EQs (not needed for smaller EQs on effects, like delay and reverb).

I realize many of these suggestions are only visual, and directed more to the skin designers than the programmers, but all aspects contribute to the overall experience of using the SMs. Plus, these features are as far as I've gotten in the SM experience, so far.

Thanks for this wonderful, stable, CPU friendly, affordable, and great sounding sonic tool! Life seems a little more golden at the end of the day! :tu:

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:36 pm My biggest request is - a delay, or attack, or both on the LFOs! This may already be under consideration as SM1 has this, but I have to mention it as it's such an important feature for me!
Major tip: There are many "invisible" parameters in SM1. To use them, assign a mod source as "Constant" then for target you can assign the invisible parameter(s).

The LFOs have DAR envelope: delay, attack and release. You can even set the attack/release slopes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm
SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:36 pm My biggest request is - a delay, or attack, or both on the LFOs! This may already be under consideration as SM1 has this, but I have to mention it as it's such an important feature for me!
Major tip: There are many "invisible" parameters in SM1.
Thank you for the very helpful info for SM1, but I should have made it clearer that I was referring to Synthmaster 2.9.8. Any chance a similar process exists in Synthmaster 2?

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm Thank you for the very helpful info for SM1, but I should have made it clearer that I was referring to Synthmaster 2.9.8. Any chance a similar process exists in Synthmaster 2?
Yes, same for SM 2.9
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”