Updates concerning documentation ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any v13 updates concerning documentation ? If so, how to update locally accordingly ?

Cheers.

The documentation of all Meldaproduction plugins is stored in each plugin or even presets, AFAIK. Each install of the plugins should have the actual documentatino already. Move your cursor over any control and press F1 or Ctrl+H and a help window should pop up. You can also click the question marks in each plugin or tab. You also can open this help in the browser, by clicking the button in the help window.

The help PDFs on the Meldaproduction website are mainly just these generated help documents, I guess.

Did this answer your question?
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I never use the plugins' documentation capabilities and always refer (and take some time to read at least some parts) the PDF documentation. Last time around, at the initial plunge (and a plunge it is) into the Melda plugins I downloaded all the PDF documentation from the website. I do not seem to recall that the PDF files are installed during plugin installation.

Following your reply I took a closer look. Ah ah ! Documentation is generated on demand from xml files when one chooses 'Open in a web browser'. The new folders and files are created in:

../ProgramData/MeldaProduction/Documentations/

'Open in a web browser' could be a good option, especially since the help text displayed within the plugin is made of quite small letters but then, only a small part of the documentation is thusly created (in the case of MDrummer for instance) so I'd still prefer the PDF files. For that and for the index found in them which allows quick jumps between topics (again, in the case of MDrummer). Which brings back the question of knowing which files have changed when a new plugin version comes out so that it can be known which ones to download to update the local documentation.

I wish the PDF documentation for all plugins would be available as a single archive to download.

That or a recipe to convert the XML files into PDF - but only if those XML files contains the full documentation.

mevia,
scroll down to the bottom of the Melda site homepage (or any page)...you'll see 'All documentation' (single archive)....but sometimes it's not updated immediately along with new releases.

Thanks goldglob, this is pretty much what I was looking for. As it stands now, the file is named:

PDFDocumentations.zip

Which is not much telling about the time/version when it was made. It would be useful to have a date of creation up front. A version number might be not dynamic enough to reflect documentation changes. The files in the archive do have a date though as they're all from August 22 2018. So I've nevertheless installed locally those files.

Cheers.

I'll recreate all the documentations after V13 is released officially. The thing is still changing, so...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:54 pm I'll recreate all the documentations after V13 is released officially. The thing is still changing, so...
Of course. Could you at the same time put a timestamp as part of the archive filename ? So that it becomes easy to spot when there's a documentation update. It would also be nice if the archive could contain a text file about PDF files that were updated therein ...

Cheers.

To be honest, I quite don't want to waste the dev time with that, too much on my plate...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Maybe getting more people on board would help with some of the smaller technical issues
:dog:

Return to “MeldaProduction”