Muff Wiggler's Daion is in it's new home

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to cop his pics for now

what the pictures don't show is how compact and tight this guitar feels. The quality is amazing and it plays well from what I can tell with the strings on it. I like my strings old, but not my grandfather's strings...and MW, these are d'dadarrios I know....what gauge are they?...they almost feel like 8's.

The bridge pick-up appears to be a duncan invader...not sure about the neck pick-up. It sounds great, but I will change the mini toggle to an on/on/on because invaders have some cool options that way..I'm not overly fond of the aluminum knobs, but that's no biggie.

The thing I can't get over is how comfortable it is to play, I am very happy :D

Now I have two good hardtail guitars...one active, one passive and two good guitars with floyd roses...one active, one passive, and my ovation...that's it I'm done, no more... :) yeah, yeah I know I said that last week when I bought samplitude :roll: ...but this time I mean it :hihi:

thanx Muff Wiggler :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It's a lovely guitar. Glad to see it found a good home.

not the greatest pic, but it will do for now...here it is with the other 3...it fits in nicely :D

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

That guitar on the right is sick!

The Chase wrote:That guitar on the right is sick!
...and uncomfortable to play ;)

...at least to me. I don't feel comfortable playing anything different than strat-like body :shrug:

Chris Walton wrote:
...and uncomfortable to play ;)
not at all, though I did have to get a slightly longer strap for it as it hangs a little high...I bought one of those really thin belt like straps with the sliding shoulder pad and now it's fine.

indeed, makes me want to vomit too.

Marduchk wrote:
indeed, makes me want to vomit too.
:shrug: I like it

Hink wrote:
Chris Walton wrote:...and uncomfortable to play ;)
not at all
daft thing about a lot of these 'metal' guitars; they're actually darn comfy to play, especially ones where you can rest your right arm on. :)

still rather have your new one though, that's a classy looking instrument for sure.

.g

GaryG wrote:
Hink wrote:
Chris Walton wrote:...and uncomfortable to play ;)
not at all
daft thing about a lot of these 'metal' guitars; they're actually darn comfy to play, especially ones where you can rest your right arm on. :)

still rather have your new one though, that's a classy looking instrument for sure.

.g
Thats exactly correct, for me anyway, guitars lke the Kelly and the V and a few others allow great comfort with the rigth arm, and give you more control in some situations, especially while banging out some flyin rythyms...
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

ironically both of my "strats" are far more aggressive than the kelly, both having an emg 81 and 89...plus each has an emg pa2 pre-amp...btw KV....still passive...;)

HInk
btw KV....still passive...
Me too... :D

IN fact just bought a Seymour Duncan for my Gibson Sg.. The Sg can be painfully bright in the bridge pick-up, and I couldnt get any of the Dimarzio's to make the grade and warm it up right.. So I got the S.Duncan Custom Custom (SH-11) Very warm/dark vintage style pick-up with higher output than typical vintage. Alnico II magnet as well!! And this thing sounds awesome, exactly what I was hoping, made me a fan of Duncans almost overnight.. Supposedly this was the pick-up EVH used back in the late 70's early 80's when he was endorsed by S.D.. And with my 5150, I tell you what, I defintly hear more of that early sound with this pick-up..
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

i think this thread is supposed to be titled:

HINK'S DAION is in it's new home

8) :hihi:

i'm SUPER HAPPY to hear that you are happy with this guitar - i *really* wanted it to go to someone who would appreciate and enjoy it, since it is such a rare and unique axe

couldn't be happier about the new home, thanks for adopting this beauty Hink

:party:

:tu:

---

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”