Changes in IK Multimedia license transfer policy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm
szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm Interesting, could you please post or PM your ticket number so I can look into this?
PM'ed
Got it, thanks. Will take a look.
Still no answer nearly a month after "looking into" it. Have the products gone NFR or not? How long should that answer take?

Cue the: "Thank you for you continued interest. We've been very busy with the amazingly successful launch of Sampletank 4, so I'm sorry we haven't had the opportunity to answer your question. Your continued patience is appreciated, and I will let our managers know and get back to you as soon as I have some information."

Our Support Manager is the one looking into it so there's no need to let managers know etc (and I'm a manager too, just not the one who would oversee this policy or best-equipped to answer this question so it goes to the Support Manager). I'll let him know you're waiting.

Still looking into it, I guess.

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:46 pm Still looking into it, I guess.
LOL.

Days go by and still I think of you...

I'm sorry but this is incredible sad no answer yet to the license transfer question.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Two months later we're still waiting for a response. The question is, do they even know the answer? Allow me to have my serious doubts about it... It is not serious that a company takes two months to answer a simple question, a question about an aspect of their business that it's supposedly well-known and defined. What leads me to think that either it's not well-known and defined or either they're improvising behind the scenes on how to get out that mess. Anyway, something is wrong here.

Maybe someone should tell them something about brand loyalty and trust...

I agree that it's absurd that you cannot get information on the license agreement, which honestly should be easily accessible on any company's site.

The OP:
szurcio wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:07 pm Is it true that a serial can be transferred only once and then it becomes NFR? I was trying to sell Miroslav Philharmonik and the IK support told me I can't do it because I already bought it from someone. I couldn't find any info on the NFR policy on their website.
If the support people had that answer ready, then they've changed the policy. The support people wouldn't have that answer on hand (and the items wouldn't have lost their transfer button) by "accident." So, they're either hoping we move on and not draw attention to the policy or, as noted above, they're trying to figure out how to spin it or modify it.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm Our Support Manager is the one looking into it so there's no need to let managers know etc (and I'm a manager too, just not the one who would oversee this policy or best-equipped to answer this question so it goes to the Support Manager). I'll let him know you're waiting.
TWO months have passed since your initial inquiry. TWO months to get information about the license policies. I can't think of much to say, but I can't think of any acceptable reason why it takes this long to get an answer.

ikm internal communications are done by carrier snail.

Hi All!

Sorry for the delayed response here. We were looking into this to make sure we offered the most accurate information possible. Thanks for those who've been waiting patiently. We greatly appreciate it.

Now, I was able to look into this and to start, I do want to point out NFR (Not for resale) items are not transferable by our policy. If you feel you have a unique case, please feel free to bring this up with IK support directly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Users who have purchased an item second hand (Through use of an LTC) will not see the option for transfer in their account. Due to this, these users must contact IK support for assistance. Each case will be looked into to see how we can help. I do want to assure you guys that no policy changes were made without warning. This is just a change with the new web site. We are looking into the topic moving forward as we have seen so much interest.

Moving forward, if anyone here has an IK support ticket on this topic. Please feel free to send me a PM and let me know of your current status. I will be more than happy to see what I can do to find a solution for you.

Cheers,
Ryan IK
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I put in a request to IK MM about license transfer info well over a month ago and have heard nothing back.

I just bought License Transfer Credit and there is no option to transfer license further, Ive read through FAQ and I am eligible to transfer licenses further but there is no such option under my products -> serials/licenses of the product I want to transfer. Sent ticket to support but I have feeling they are a bit slow. Can someone help? Thank you!

I have a question regarding ok multimedia’s transfer policies. What happens if you are able to acquire a second IK account, but only want to have one in the end. Could your two accounts be merged into one? Or does IK try to make you pay for each individual license transfer, even if you are the owner of both accounts?

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:19 pm I put in a request to IK MM about license transfer info well over a month ago and have heard nothing back.
Please PM me your Ticket Number.
HcDoom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:55 am I just bought License Transfer Credit and there is no option to transfer license further, Ive read through FAQ and I am eligible to transfer licenses further but there is no such option under my products -> serials/licenses of the product I want to transfer. Sent ticket to support but I have feeling they are a bit slow. Can someone help? Thank you!
Please contact support in this case.
isoneedacoffee wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:34 pm I have a question regarding ok multimedia’s transfer policies. What happens if you are able to acquire a second IK account, but only want to have one in the end. Could your two accounts be merged into one? Or does IK try to make you pay for each individual license transfer, even if you are the owner of both accounts?
Please contact support in this case as well. They should be able to merge your account.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

It's honestly pretty damn infuriating that getting a straight answer from IK about their new ("but we haven't changed our policy!....without warning...hehe") transfer policy is virtually impossible. Every other company seems to have no issue doing this, but even Ryan's "clarification" above (on April 24th), which finally occurred months after the question was asked, didn't clarify anything at all. Shouldn't this all be written somewhere on the website?

I have multiple items that lost their "transfer" button essentially overnight earlier this year. The answer to whether or not the item is now NFR was "contact support." Of course, as we've seen in this thread, you contact support and no one responds. Did the item go NFR or not? If it did for any item that was transferable before, then the policy changed, full stop, and IK are being deceptive about it.

Go read that April 24th above and see how it's an attempt to say a whole bunch while putting enough qualifiers to say nothing at all.

From what I can tell reading the subtext here, at least *some* items that were transferred by to another account after the original owner paid for license transfer credit are now NFR--which, as noted in earlier posts, is pretty shady particularly if that isn't known up front.

But I'm sure I'll be asked to "contact support" about it because you sure won't get an answer to a reasonable question ("Has the NFR policy changed?") here or on their website.

Return to “Instruments”