Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cptgone wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:12 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 am Does Cytomic The Drop ever go on sale? Sounds great, but $99 is too much for me. I am seeing FabFilter Volcano 2 for about $45 in my account. Any suggestions here?
In case you'd like another Cytomic plugin, they do offer vouchers:
https://cytomic.com/#questions
Thanks, but I did read the FAQs today. Unfortunately, not interested in any other Cytomic plugin. Actually, I do not have any dedicated filter plugin and when I demoed Volcano 2, I liked the possibilities and it was fun. A quick google search on best filter plugins revealed rave reviews about The Drop, which it is, but I cannot afford it at full price, especially when I can get Volcano 2 for less than half its price. I might just have to go ahead with Volcano 2 knowing that The Drop never goes on sale and very less seen on KVR forum as well.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:36 am Does Cytomic The Drop ever go on sale? Sounds great, but $99 is too much for me. I am seeing FabFilter Volcano 2 for about $45 in my account. Any suggestions here?
Thanks, but I did read the FAQs today. Unfortunately, not interested in any other Cytomic plugin. Actually, I do not have any dedicated filter plugin and when I demoed Volcano 2, I liked the possibilities and it was fun. A quick google search on best filter plugins revealed rave reviews about The Drop, which it is, but I cannot afford it at full price, especially when I can get Volcano 2 for less than half its price. I might just have to go ahead with Volcano 2 knowing that The Drop never goes on sale and very less seen on KVR forum as well.
And until you can afford The Drop, make the most of Volcano 2, a powerful plugin you just need to spend time playing with. Your music wont sound bad with Volcano :) but do spend time with it for it to really shine.

Also, you can sell Volcano 2 on the buy/sell later and likely get your money back if you're buying it so cheap now :party:

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am
And until you can afford The Drop, make the most of Volcano 2, a powerful plugin you just need to spend time playing with. Your music wont sound bad with Volcano :) but do spend time with it for it to really shine.

Also, you can sell Volcano 2 on the buy/sell later and likely get your money back if you're buying it so cheap now :party:
Thanks. Yeah, that's a valid point. :) Volcano 2 looks a bit complicated, but there are a ton of presets to play with. Also, FabFilter has a little advantage with FL Studio compared to other plugins with respect to parameter linking/automation. If I like Volcano 2 enough, I might not even think of The Drop later. Perhaps FabFilter might come up with Volcano 3 soon to blow The Drop out of proportion. ;)

I think there is not a drastic difference in sound quality to justify paying double, especially for something like a filter; not understanding the power of these filters though.

Are the PA amps good as creative (ie non musical) effects?

soundbylaura wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm What kind of sales (if any) does U-he do?

(It's kind of hard to search for U-he because of the dash.)
(Yeah I see Ubhik is available in the Marketplace but the person only has 2 posts, so...)
Did you try enclosing U-he in quotes in your search string? That should cause the search engine to treat the dash as a required search character, instead of as a separator.

So your search string might look like this: "U-he" sales

YMMV :D
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

EdSevered wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:29 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:28 pm What kind of sales (if any) does U-he do?

(Yeah I see Ubhik is available in the Marketplace but the person only has 2 posts, so...)
Did you try enclosing U-he in quotes in your search string? That should cause the search engine to treat the dash as a required search character, instead of as a separator.

Yes I did. It does not work.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm

You can do a Google search of KVR forums or particular threads, for example:

"u-he" sale "Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc." site:www.kvraudio.com

Ou_Tis wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:14 pm
soundbylaura wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm

You can do a Google search of KVR forums or particular threads, for example:

"u-he" sale "Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc." site:www.kvraudio.com
And I can just search for Uhbik, which is what I'm interested in. Question was answered, all good here, thanks.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:20 am Arturia V-Collection introductory sale, now $399 instead of $499 until June 10:

https://www.jrrshop.com/arturia-v-collection

V-Collection 7 adds:

Mellotron V: features all original tapes, as well as the ability to play your own samples with authentic tape emulation.

Synthi V: the quirky British “silver machine” put a new spin on modular synthesis.

CZ V: Now beefed up as software, with added modulations and awesome effects!

Analog Lab 4: Over 8000 presets for quick access sounds, and a new live performance ‘Stage’ view for quick and easy live performance.

B-3 V2: The classic organ updated with refined audio engine, modeling, and new features.
Looks like the upgrade from V-Collection 6 to V-Collection 7 from Arturia directly is the usual $199 which is a bit much. I'll wait until it goes down to $99 like it did for V-Collection 6.

On another point, I was hoping that Pigments would be part of V-Collection 7, but it doesn't look like it.

Some of Pigments’ presets are in Analog Lab 4. No total of 8000 presets, though, but 6500. Same as Analog Lab 3, give or take 60. Measly preset count upgrade compared to the 1500 presets added from Analog Lab 2 to Analog Lab 3.

Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?

Be aware that Cytomic has one of the more restrictive license transfer policies. They charge 30% of the full price for transfer fees and do not allow to reset the plugin authorization count. And the plugin becomes NFR.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am
e@rs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am Someone was selling The Drop for $62 a few days ago here, but I think it's long gone by now.

I think Volcano 2 it's okay, but FF could do better.
Thanks. Yeah, I searched and saw it sold recently. Even $62 will be a bit high for me, considering I am getting a great deal on Pro-C 2 and Volcano 2 ($85 for both).

Is Drop only worth for its "filter" sound? Because on demoing Volcano 2 I see it is very powerful and sounds great.

EDIT: Just posted in sell & buy forum for a quick check if anyone is selling it.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 am Be aware that Cytomic has one of the more restrictive license transfer policies. They charge 30% of the full price for transfer fees and do not allow to reset the plugin authorization count. And the plugin becomes NFR.
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am
e@rs wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 am Someone was selling The Drop for $62 a few days ago here, but I think it's long gone by now.

I think Volcano 2 it's okay, but FF could do better.
Thanks. Yeah, I searched and saw it sold recently. Even $62 will be a bit high for me, considering I am getting a great deal on Pro-C 2 and Volcano 2 ($85 for both).

Is Drop only worth for its "filter" sound? Because on demoing Volcano 2 I see it is very powerful and sounds great.

EDIT: Just posted in sell & buy forum for a quick check if anyone is selling it.
Thank you for the alert. Did not know about the NFR part, and yes, 30% is pretty high. I think the best way is to get the plugin at the full price IF you really want it, simple. I compared it with Volcano 2 yesterday, and The Drop indeed sounds more fuller/richer. But again, not willing to or can afford $99 for only a filter plugin right now.

I just took a chance by posting in sell & buy, but it is very unlikely I will get any offer. I am almost ready to get Volcano 2 to get started on the filter journey. :) I can get FilterFreak in future when it goes on sale for $29.

I wonder if Arturia 3 Filters are worth considering. I am still seeing $99 for all their effects in my account, but when I try to add them to cart, it fails. :lol:

Re filter. Sugar Bytes WOW is still on sale at audiodeluxe.com
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:59 am Be aware that Cytomic has one of the more restrictive license transfer policies. They charge 30% of the full price for transfer fees and do not allow to reset the plugin authorization count. And the plugin becomes NFR.
Where is nfr portion posted? I tried going to the cytomic site but it appears to be down.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”