Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
LoveEnigma18
KVRian
547 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Is Analog Lab 4 for V Collection 6 exactly same as V Collection 7 except for the newly introduced instrument presets?

mgw38
KVRAF
1540 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Be aware that Cytomic has one of the more restrictive license transfer policies. They charge 30% of the full price for transfer fees and do not allow to reset the plugin authorization count. And the plugin becomes NFR.
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 am
e@rs wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 am
Someone was selling The Drop for $62 a few days ago here, but I think it's long gone by now.

I think Volcano 2 it's okay, but FF could do better.
Thanks. Yeah, I searched and saw it sold recently. Even $62 will be a bit high for me, considering I am getting a great deal on Pro-C 2 and Volcano 2 ($85 for both).

Is Drop only worth for its "filter" sound? Because on demoing Volcano 2 I see it is very powerful and sounds great.

EDIT: Just posted in sell & buy forum for a quick check if anyone is selling it.

LoveEnigma18
KVRian

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 pm

mgw38 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 pm
Be aware that Cytomic has one of the more restrictive license transfer policies. They charge 30% of the full price for transfer fees and do not allow to reset the plugin authorization count. And the plugin becomes NFR.
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 am
e@rs wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 am
Someone was selling The Drop for $62 a few days ago here, but I think it's long gone by now.

I think Volcano 2 it's okay, but FF could do better.
Thanks. Yeah, I searched and saw it sold recently. Even $62 will be a bit high for me, considering I am getting a great deal on Pro-C 2 and Volcano 2 ($85 for both).

Is Drop only worth for its "filter" sound? Because on demoing Volcano 2 I see it is very powerful and sounds great.

EDIT: Just posted in sell & buy forum for a quick check if anyone is selling it.
Thank you for the alert. Did not know about the NFR part, and yes, 30% is pretty high. I think the best way is to get the plugin at the full price IF you really want it, simple. I compared it with Volcano 2 yesterday, and The Drop indeed sounds more fuller/richer. But again, not willing to or can afford $99 for only a filter plugin right now.

I just took a chance by posting in sell & buy, but it is very unlikely I will get any offer. I am almost ready to get Volcano 2 to get started on the filter journey. :) I can get FilterFreak in future when it goes on sale for $29.

I wonder if Arturia 3 Filters are worth considering. I am still seeing $99 for all their effects in my account, but when I try to add them to cart, it fails. :lol:

mgw38
KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 pm

Re filter. Sugar Bytes WOW is still on sale at audiodeluxe.com

masterhiggins
KVRAF
2022 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am

mgw38 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 pm
Where is nfr portion posted? I tried going to the cytomic site but it appears to be down.

e@rs
KVRAF
4070 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am

I don't remember the NFR policy either.

masterhiggins
KVRAF
2022 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 am

K looks like their site was only down for a bit. The following is taken from their Eula located here.

https://cytomic.com/sites/cytomic.com/f ... ense_0.pdf
(2d) License Transfers
You may transfer your license to the Software at the sole discretion of Cytomic in such that the following conditions have been:
1) A period of not less than 6 (six) months has passed since the most recent of the following has occurred:
i) you purchased your copy of the Software,
ii) you received a transfer of your copy of the Software,
iii) you downloaded an update of the Software.
2) The person receiving the license is made aware of the number of remaining authorisations available on the license as this number will remain un-changed upon transfer.
3) A transfer fee of 30% of the current full price for the plugin is received by Cytomic from the license owner.
4) The name and email address of who the software is to be transferred to is emailed to Cytomic by the primary user from their registered email address.
Once Cytomic deems the above conditions have been met and confirms that the recipient is aware of the authorisation count of the license the transfer can be approved.
I don’t see anything about them becoming nfr after the sale. I see that the activation count doesn’t get reset. Does anyone know if that gets replenished after so long, though? If not that’s kind of crap.

LoveEnigma18
KVRian

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:48 am

mgw38 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:53 pm
Re filter. Sugar Bytes WOW is still on sale at audiodeluxe.com
Thanks, looks interesting. Away from studio right now. Can anyone help: How does it compare to The Drop or any filter plugin for that matter?

EDIT: Listening to the demos on earphones. This thing sounds different than other filter plugins. Not sure if I really need it. A bit confused now. Sounds great nevertheless.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18
KVRian

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:01 am

masterhiggins wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 am
K looks like their site was only down for a bit. The following is taken from their Eula located here.

(2d) License Transfers
You may transfer your license to the Software at the sole discretion of Cytomic in such that the following conditions have been:
1) A period of not less than 6 (six) months has passed since the most recent of the following has occurred:
2) The person receiving the license is made aware of the number of remaining authorisations available on the license as this number will remain un-changed upon transfer.
3) A transfer fee of 30% of the current full price for the plugin is received by Cytomic from the license owner.
4) The name and email address of who the software is to be transferred to is emailed to Cytomic by the primary user from their registered email address.
Once Cytomic deems the above conditions have been met and confirms that the recipient is aware of the authorisation count of the license the transfer can be approved.
Thank you for sharing. I think those are too many conditions. Not helping me think in favour of getting The Drop at all.

dermage
KVRist
445 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:49 am

masterhiggins wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 am

(2d) License Transfers
I don’t see anything about them becoming nfr after the sale. I see that the activation count doesn’t get reset. Does anyone know if that gets replenished after so long, though? If not that’s kind of crap.
From their QA page:
https://cytomic.com/#questions
Each license automatically gets three authorisations per year,....

mgw38
KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:44 am

It seems that they changed the nfr condition. I did a transfer with them 3 years ago. Back then it became nfr. Good to know.

Digivolt
KVRist
373 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:51 am

Uncle E wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 am
sale stuff
Do you know if you're going to be adding Boz Sasquatch 2 while it's on intro price or is it currently only exclusive to Boz & PB ?

AudioDeluxe
KVRist
43 posts since 11 Jan, 2012

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 am

We have it for sale as well at audiodeluxe.com

Boz Digital Labs Sasquatch Kick Machine 2 Intro Offer

Uncle E
KVRAF
10745 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:15 pm

escalona wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 am
Hello, I'm thinking of taking advantage of the Sonible discount. I've tried Smart eq2 and I like the results, does anyone have an opinion whether I should go for the bundle of 3 eqs or get Frei:raum instead? Is there a difference at all?
Frei:raum includes the original Smart:EQ, not Smart:EQ 2. You would need to get the Sonible Special EQ Bundle. Also, I believe only the Special EQ Bundle is on sale so it's actually cheaper to get it than Frei:raum:

https://www.jrrshop.com/sonible-special-eq-bundle

Uncle E
KVRAF
10745 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:17 pm

gebz_15 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 am
Does anyone know what the (historically )lowest price for softube console 1 9000k channel strip?
It was $199 in February. If it was ever lower than that, I don't think it was by much.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”