Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Ok Omkar,

no prob, other sizes will follow further, in theory up to 12k and beyond ! (To be realistic, 4k size/res should be considered the upper limit. Beyond that there're no gains in increasing resolution further).

By the way, at now, it should be not a big issue to have LittleOne 1k on your Full-HD monitor. As you could see in this detailed computer generated analysis, due to your screen size (27''), LittleOne should be visible enough in its 1x GUI...

bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:20 pm .. no prob, other sizes will follow further ..
Super, thanks and looking forward :tu:
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

What I can't spin my head around is the one knob with toggle buttons approach.
You don't have a knob for cutoff frequency and a knob for resonance. No, you have one knob and two buttons to swith the function of the knob. WT???
This is not very interesting towards usability.

If I remember fine, you're not the first to notice this eheh :)

It's a "Vintage GUI" approach, it mimics the original hardware. With the next major upgrade (LittleOne version 4.x) maybe things will take a different way... :wink:

Ahh, the Spring Special Offer (discounting everything) is running now, anyone who wants to join is welcome...

Here are the two audio demos for Stage Drawers and Hot Circuits Expansions for LittleOne...

Stage Drawers audio demo :
https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/littl ... -expansion

Hot Circuits audio demo :
https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/littl ... -expansion

i may have posted in the wrong place, this:

Ok.

So, presets. They do not work in a reasonable fashion for me. Mostly do not work at all...

I am unable to add custom packs of presets. if i choose i can load .lttleonepresets ONE at a time.

Any other addons, like BigStep presets do not display. perhaps as they are FXP? why would someone make presets in a form that is not recognized by the synth? I have tried every which way to get these to work, no joy. it's incredibly frustrating for a synth that sounds great but is turning into a nightmare to use... anyone got any knowledge on this?

The custom presets (*.littleonepreset) have to be put into the specific documents folder, for example the BigSteps presets go in:

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Documents\XhunAudio\LittleOne\Presets\BigStepsExpansion\
MacOS: /Users/Shared/XhunAudio/LittleOne/Presets/BigStepsExpansion/

They'll then appear in the menu alongside the other factory presets

mcbpete wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 am The custom presets (*.littleonepreset) have to be put into the specific documents folder, for example the BigSteps presets go in:

Windows: ...etc...
MacOS: ...etc...

They'll then appear in the menu alongside the other factory presets
@inkwarp
Exactly, it works as mcbpete descibed.

Yes you posted your comment in the products' section of KVRAudio. :)

In addition, when you say "...perhaps as they are FXP..." ... ?

Maybe you are trying to load the OLD Big Steps ver 1.0 soundbank (released in 2011). It was compatible with LittleOne ver 2.0 ONLY. It was made of .fxp and .fxb files.

When LittleOne ver 3.0 came out, Big Steps Expansions was updated to version 3.0 too. This update was free of charge for all registered Users. Just be sure to download the latest version of the Expansion (and Synth) and everything will work as expected.

Ok , that explains a lot, lol
thanks for the advice(s)

i spoke to soon, i placed presets (.littleonepresets) into the Presets folder.
they still do not appear and i can only load them one at a time...

The packs have to be in a subfolder of the presets folder e.g. C:\Users\Public\Documents\XhunAudio\LittleOne\Presets\BigStepsExpansion\(.littleonepresets files for the BigSteps pack go here)

Basically the Presets folder should look like this (Obviously depending on how many packs you have, the Factory folder should be in there at least):

and in each subfolder will look like this:

EDIT: Wait, are you clicking the LOAD button and bringing up the file dialogue? If so you don't need to do that for the presets - You just click the text that says <Presets Library> and a menu will pop up listing the factory presets and other libraries in their respective sub menus

mcbpete wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:53 pm The packs have to be in a subfolder of the presets folder e.g. C:\Users\Public\Documents\XhunAudio\LittleOne\Presets\BigStepsExpansion\(.littleonepresets files for the BigSteps pack go here)

Basically the Presets folder should look like this (Obviously depending on how many packs you have, the Factory folder should be in there at least):

:tu:

Note to all Customers :
Please, for any further support request, avoid Facebook, social media or public forums. It may happen - sometimes - to refer to private data or contents , and "socials" are not the proper place where to ask :)

For any question, just email me, I'll give all support you need (privately).

mcbpete wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:53 pm The packs have to be in a subfolder of the presets folder e.g. C:\Users\Public\Documents\XhunAudio\LittleOne\Presets\BigStepsExpansion\(.littleonepresets files for the BigSteps pack go here)

EDIT: Wait, are you clicking the LOAD button and bringing up the file dialogue? If so you don't need to do that for the presets - You just click the text that says <Presets Library> and a menu will pop up listing the factory presets and other libraries in their respective sub menus
Thanks from me. Copied and Pasted into a Document for future reference. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

ok, i have uninstalled, cleaned out my machine as much as i can.
reinstalled. Presets in this folder:
"C:\Users\Public\Documents\XhunAudio\LittleOne\Presets"
even though the folders are in here ( along with 'Factory' folder), plugin refuses to see them. Again i can 'LOAD' one at a time, but they do no appear in presets menu. i have restarted DAW ( FL in this case) several times, cleaned database up as much as poss)... i am at my wits end with this. it shouldn't be so laborious.
i don't think there's much else to try..
There is one other puzzling thing. When i use the drop-down preset menu there are a half dozen 'expansion packs' but these items don't appear to exist either.
i've scoured the machine but i don't see any vestige of these at all...
anyway, thanks for advice

Return to “Instruments”