Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds pretty good, but was I the only one hearing that clicking sound? Was it because of the envelope settings? I should just get the demo version and check it out myself.

It's okay but that CPU usage 😬

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 pm Just tried the demo. Sounds great. :) Another impressive showcase of Reaktor's tech. It seems a bit like a teaser for Massive X. Maybe something for the people who don't want to buy or afford Massive X. Of course it's a bit limited with 8 voices only. The real "star" are probably the LFO's. Pretty unusual that you can combine the waveforms.
Huh? If I couldn’t afford massive x I would purchase SynthMaster one, not this.

This is a performance synth for knob twiddlers.

This is listed under Komplete Instruments on the NI website. Is Komplete 13 imminent?
Last edited by v1o on Fri May 03, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Examigan wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:25 pm Sounds pretty good, but was I the only one hearing that clicking sound? Was it because of the envelope settings? I should just get the demo version and check it out myself.
Clicky envelopes are a good sign :tu:
The beauty of reaktor is that the attack portion can be as short as 1 sample
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:10 am
Examigan wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:25 pm Sounds pretty good, but was I the only one hearing that clicking sound? Was it because of the envelope settings? I should just get the demo version and check it out myself.
Clicky envelopes are a good sign :tu:
Yeah, but I just thought it was weird as he was holding down keys for a while there, and the click always plays at the same tempo, around 60 bpm er so. Maybe it was some modulation setting he did, not sure.

The demo version sounds good though, I tried it out for while. I wish it had more voices than 8, but you can't have everything. :)

chk071 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 pm Just tried the demo. Sounds great. :) Another impressive showcase of Reaktor's tech. It seems a bit like a teaser for Massive X. Maybe something for the people who don't want to buy or afford Massive X. Of course it's a bit limited with 8 voices only. The real "star" are probably the LFO's. Pretty unusual that you can combine the waveforms.
I agree it sounds nice. It looks very similar to TRK01 design-wise. There's depth and presence to the sound like a modern clean sounding analogue synth. It's such shame that theres only two effects and they cant be modulated.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yea I can see this def being a Massive X lite....

v1o wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:44 pm
Bump1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm I have an extreme weakness for classic subtractive synthesis. It still sounds better than all others IMO.

I like this a lot....but I don't think I'd shell out $89 for it, unfortunately
I think its $69
It's $89 CAD

How is it polyphonic in reaktor? Thought this was mono only?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:18 am How is it polyphonic in reaktor? Thought this was mono only?
There’s a big “mono” button on the GUI. Unselect it to get 8 voices.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

89$ is a bit much for this but overall nice synth.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Sounds like another solid simple VA synth. GUI is nice. Pity it's not a standalone VST. And the price is... optimistic...
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 pm I can understand why people compain it's reaktor instrument because of the cpu overhead, but complaining because it's such a big hassle to open it in reaktor is just nuts >
It's just one mouseclick more ,that's hardly an issue >
The cpu overhead is .
It isn't just one more mouseclick... I open Reaktor, then I have to select the ensemble folder of the ensemble I want. Sometimes I have to scroll to the one I want. Then I have to double-click the ensemble. However, I don't care about the mouse clicks.

Besides the CPU use (which is especially high even when no notes are playing), the browser is poor... working with presets is not elegant at all... cannot resize the GUI... no MPE support... in Bitwig, when I want to create a remote page in Prism, all the parameter names start with Modal Bank so I have to manually rename them all to something meaningful... in Rounds many of the parameters are not automatable. I see no pattern for why some are and some aren't.

It is not one thing... but all the small things add up to make the whole experience feel clumsy. I see no reason to put up with the various workflow oddities while also using more CPU than the same synth outside of Reaktor would use.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 pm
Bump1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 pm I have an extreme weakness for classic subtractive synthesis. It still sounds better than all others IMO.

I like this a lot....but I don't think I'd shell out $89 for it, unfortunateuly

i agree it sounds really good, and i would, if i didn't have to install that software manager to use it.
The thing that really bugs me about the software manager is that it does not uninstall. If I am going to be forced to use such a thing, make it do all pertinent tasks.

Return to “Instruments”