Bundled Auto-tune gives licensing errors with other DAWs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I asked Tracktion if Auto-Tune Access can be used with other DAWs and was told there are no restrictions.
Just tried using it in another DAW and received a message saying it is only licensed for Tracktion.
So did they give me wrong advice or is the problem that I tried using it the first time in another DAW? Meaning that I can register it within Tracktion first and only then will it work with other DAWs.
I can't test this today and as it's Friday I figured I'd ask Support before they potentially shut down for the weekend.
Thanks

Email support@tracktion.com to ask support.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Do people use other DAWs?

:o :o :o :o :o
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

chico.co.uk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:45 pm Email support@tracktion.com to ask support.
Thanks. I did that first but with it being Friday I wanted to ask here as well.

So has anyone here tried using the bundled Auto-Tune Access with another DAW?
Still waiting for a reply from Tracktion.

agharta wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am So has anyone here tried using the bundled Auto-Tune Access with another DAW?
It's still the middle of the night in Seattle.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:14 pm
agharta wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:54 am So has anyone here tried using the bundled Auto-Tune Access with another DAW?
It's still the middle of the night in Seattle.
The post is aimed more at the wider community so just mentioning for reference that I've had no reply from Tracktion so no need to be so defensive.
I mentioned upfront that I was posting here because I was aware that the weekend was approaching so I may not hear from them for days.

@agharta,
I've just downloaded cakewalk, which found all my vsts, tried Auto tune and got the same message as you did. so probably Tracktion specific.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

terrynoakes wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm @agharta,
I've just downloaded cakewalk, which found all my vsts, tried Auto tune and got the same message as you did. so probably Tracktion specific.
Thank you very much and I figured this would be the case.
Because it's such a new part of their bundle it's understandable that the tech support person hadn't yet grasped that this isn't like the bundled Melodyne which is a regular license.
I didn't buy direct from Tracktion so not sure I can get a refund based on incorrect information. I can but ask my supplier.

7 days later and I have received a reply from Tracktion:

"We have contacted Antares regarding this topic - we are asking for the plugin to be open :)"

I'm glad they are able to smile about this but it would have been nice also if they had acknowledged that they gave me wrong information which led to me buying a product otherwise I wouldn't have bought.
I must ask the retailer if they can refund me.

Still waiting for Tracktion to confirm whether Autotune will be unlocked so that it can work outside of Waveform.

Melda's MAutoPitch for the automated, simpler tasks..

terrynoakes wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm I've just downloaded cakewalk, which found all my vsts, )
This might be related and I have wanted to ask it for a while.
Is there an overview of what waveform plugings do work in other DAWs?
What about the synths (4osc, subtractive)?
I tried to find the vst folder for them but couldn't.
DAW : Waveform PRO 12.1.8, 64bit | PC : i5 - 4570, 3,2GHz, LGA1150, Quad-Core | RAM : 8 GB (2x4) Kingston 1333 Mhz | OS : Win 10, 64bit

Daw Essentials and Collective work in other DAWS. I don’t believe 4osc or Subtractive do.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

tovokas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:06 am Daw Essentials and Collective work in other DAWS. I don’t believe 4osc or Subtractive do.
I only have Waveform Basic which does not include DAW Essentials.
So it seems that none of my included plugins will work elsewhere (Subtractive, 4OSC, Auto-Tune, Master Mix, Melodyne)?
Is this correct, or does anybody know otherwise or know of any other plugin I overlooked so far?
DAW : Waveform PRO 12.1.8, 64bit | PC : i5 - 4570, 3,2GHz, LGA1150, Quad-Core | RAM : 8 GB (2x4) Kingston 1333 Mhz | OS : Win 10, 64bit

Return to “Tracktion”