640 OpenSource Zebra presets

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!

A short story...
Many years ago I've created a bunch of presets for Zebra 2. But they were divided in a few packs and it was very uncomfortable to use them. When Zebra got the update with the new preset-browser I've reorganized all my presets (old ones and a new ones) into one pack. Also I've deleted a useless info from them, like website links (which are unavailable now) and etc. I believe this way would be much better to use them now.

And one more thing... :)
Since I have no more interest in "commercializing" my sound-design skills I thought it would be awesome to open source them for everyone (if I can call it this way :) ) Also I think it could stimulate someone to create some interesting multi-instruments and etc. Surprise me! :)
The closest licence I've found for that is this one:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

So basically you can do whatever you like and however you like with them. For example you can change them to create your own presets, you can create sample-packs or multi-sampled instruments, etc. Be creative :D And the most important - you are allowed to do such for either commercial or non commercial purposes. I don't care :)

Oh, and you don't have to attribute me! You can free yourself from that (just drop me an NFR when you create something interesting out of it 8); unfortunately I'm no more a "regular guy" on the forum but you can always find me here: https://www.facebook.com/nick.moritz)

OK, cut the crap! Here is the pack:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a951j ... k5OKhUjPxh

Some info for u-he team... I suppose you could remove all my previous presets from the online preset library and re-upload just only this pack (since it has everything plus something more). Oh, and yes! Of course you can do with them whatever you want as well. Maybe add them as a part of the factory presets in the future? :) Peace and prosper!

Cheers,
Nick
Last edited by runray on Tue May 14, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sound Design, Music Production

Wow Nick, that's very generous of you!
I hope to get a chance to have a proper look through them soon, 580 is a lot of patches!

Thank you Nick!

Thanks ! Although I've only quickly checked some pads, these are high quality patches. Very usable. You seemed to have adopted the same naming convention as The Unfinished/Stephan Baer.

Cheers.

mevla wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:48 am You seemed to have adopted the same naming convention as The Unfinished/Stephan Baer.
Yes, I've found it very handy (with current preset browser), especially since I'm a big fan of Matt's presets...

Thanks guys! GLHF! :)
Last edited by runray on Tue May 14, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by runray on Tue May 14, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, Nick! :)

I'm not sure if I'm finding any RADO Stringer patches in here, though?
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks very much, very generous of you :tu:

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:10 am Thanks, Nick! :)
I'm not sure if I'm finding any RADO Stringer patches in here, though?
Oh, thank you Mario for the nice remark. Yeah, I've forgotten about that because I've combined the Stringer V1 with V2 presets into one pack as well (yes, there are Stringer V2 presets which I've sold to Urs 8 years ago [somehow he didn't have a chance to release them yet :roll: ])
I've added Stringer V1 presets to the pack as well and updated the link.

Thank you Mario! Cheers!
* Soon I'll show you new SURGE's design :love: )

Hi Nick, thank you so much much for these presets! I will happily post them to the PatchLib the next time I update, sometime this week.

Regarding older sets, I'd rather not remove them to preserve existing projects for others. The exact layout, as well as any tweaks you may have made to the new set, can potentially impact projects. Unless you have a strong objection I'd rather leave them up and let people decide. :)

Thanks again!
Feel free to call me Brian.

Thanks Nick! Have always enjoyed your Zebra presets...

Thanks!

Downloaded, that's very kind runray :)

bmrzycki wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pmRegarding older sets, I'd rather not remove them to preserve existing projects for others. The exact layout, as well as any tweaks you may have made to the new set, can potentially impact projects.
How so? Isn't a preset loaded into a Zebra instance stored in host's plugin chunk in the project file? I think it is, then it doesn't really need to refer to presets on the hard drive. I could load a preset, save the project, remove patches from hard drive and my project will still load fine. Right?

I guess the only exception would be using the MIDI Programs folder, though... But that one already has special sort of layout you do manually. So, no big deal in my book, I'd say?

Thanks Nick.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”