One Synth Challenge #123: The Qyooo By Full Bucket Music (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The qyooo

Yeah. I know, I do.
Thanks for confirmation the scale is linear. It explains why I'm struggling to match frequencies.

https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/the-qyooo-test
made a little fun sketch, exploring new timbres... you really can get a ton of different timbres from this synth. I tried to create the illusion of distorted sounds, even though I didn't use any distortion
Last edited by Auplant on Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phace wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:31 pm https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/the-qyooo-tests
made a little fun sketch, exploring new timbres... you really can get a ton of different timbres from this synth. I tried to create the illusion of distorted sounds, even though I didn't use any distortion
Nice sketch! Really cool basses. Solid kick and snare too! Seems like you've really mastered Qyoo! Well done. I hope you get well soon and finish a kick-ass track :tu:

exponent1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm
phace wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:31 pm https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/the-qyooo-tests
Nice sketch! Really cool basses. Solid kick and snare too! Seems like you've really mastered Qyoo! Well done. I hope you get well soon and finish a kick-ass track :tu:
thanks, I actually used samples for the drums (some psytrance samplepack), just wanted to test some bassy FX sounds for now

Pretty decent kick for Qyuoo. Tweak to taste.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I applaud the people able to make a kick drum out of this. I ended up cutting a good chunk of the mids and it then sounded good but can't do that according to the rules since it altered the sound quite.... dramatically.

Kicks had me scratching my head too, but I settled on 2 bandpasses and a lowpass. Patch is just a pitch drop with noise; the bandpasses let me pick where I want my frequencies focused (1k/10k) and keep the lowpass thump.

vert-hex wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 pm Kicks had me scratching my head too, but I settled on 2 bandpasses and a lowpass. Patch is just a pitch drop with noise; the bandpasses let me pick where I want my frequencies focused (1k/10k) and keep the lowpass thump.
I'll try that when I get home.

Wish I could just use the kick drums I have but I might just go for something ambient if it doesn't work out.

MuzikFreq wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:06 pm I applaud the people able to make a kick drum out of this. I ended up cutting a good chunk of the mids and it then sounded good but can't do that according to the rules since it altered the sound quite.... dramatically.
It's not difficult, automate "Shift" from the oscillator, create a pitch-bend with the automation. Add a touch of noise, turn up "AM" on noise oscillator so you can use an envelope to give it a short snappy decay. Experiment with filter options.

I did that

I don't think it's a law to have the rhytm done by kick and snare.
Sometimes you can get the feeling here at osc20xx that those sounds is essential and other sounds produced by the synth isn't important.

I agree, but havin bad drums can really just end up sad.

phace wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 pm
MuzikFreq wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:06 pm I applaud the people able to make a kick drum out of this. I ended up cutting a good chunk of the mids and it then sounded good but can't do that according to the rules since it altered the sound quite.... dramatically.
It's not difficult, automate "Shift" from the oscillator, create a pitch-bend with the automation. Add a touch of noise, turn up "AM" on noise oscillator so you can use an envelope to give it a short snappy decay. Experiment with filter options.

I did that
:tu: This helped a ton. took some extra fiddling around mostly with the automation
Thanks

Cant you just use envelope on FM instead of automating "shift" for pitch-bending , it is easier.

That’s what i was referring to with a pitch-drop, yeah. Env -> FM. It’s a bit tough to wrangle though, so I get the workaround. Wouldn’t the coarse knob be stairsteppy in a pitch modulation though?

Now, here is my entry for One Synth Challenge #123. Only a short track, I have tried to make some presets, but I must say, it's for me a big challenge. I have tried to make a melodically and non melodically part of the track.

https://soundcloud.com/user-236567915/melancholy-qyooo

studio one
12 x qyooo
built-in mix EQ

Return to “Instruments”