Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

vurt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:37 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm Considering just how much power there is to mangle a single wavetable, I wouldn't say that loading user wavetables is something you'd really really need. Maybe once it's out try to go through what's already in there in all the different modes and all the different ways you can modulate them, before you cry wolf? :)

yeah my first thought wasn't oh bummer
it was "oh, i wonder why they've chose to do it that way?"
which leads to thoughts of they must have something else in mind.

which i will wait and see, well hear, what it does or doesn't do before i make any judgements :shrug:
then we can at least discuss it with examples :D
Vurt - you've been making some frighteningly on-topic, non-non-sequitur comments lately...feeling OK?

Don't think I'll be rushing out to get Massive X on its own, but maybe in a future Komplete upgrade...semi-modular aspect looks very interesting!

Winstontaneous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 pm
vurt wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:37 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:25 pm Considering just how much power there is to mangle a single wavetable, I wouldn't say that loading user wavetables is something you'd really really need. Maybe once it's out try to go through what's already in there in all the different modes and all the different ways you can modulate them, before you cry wolf? :)

yeah my first thought wasn't oh bummer
it was "oh, i wonder why they've chose to do it that way?"
which leads to thoughts of they must have something else in mind.

which i will wait and see, well hear, what it does or doesn't do before i make any judgements :shrug:
then we can at least discuss it with examples :D
Vurt - you've been making some frighteningly on-topic, non-non-sequitur comments lately...feeling OK?

Don't think I'll be rushing out to get Massive X on its own, but maybe in a future Komplete upgrade...semi-modular aspect looks very interesting!
hatstand cauliflower! :tu:

tbh I expect from NI to deliver a great wavetable library so I will have no need to add my own. It's one of the reasons why I want Massive X. This + useful (ideally new) osc modulations.
Also I think it's time to get another blog post. Release date is closer and closer and we should get more news already as I suppose MX have a lot of interesting stuff inside worth more than just one blog post(?)

Well, it isn't exactly a tsunami of info that has reached us. We would get inside info but it hasn't been much.

Imo, it all points somewhat in the same direction towards how NI thinks about its customers.
Company gone big; customers are just a number.

I'm looking forward to the reviews on it.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Cant wait for this to be released!

Stefken wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 pm Well, it isn't exactly a tsunami of info that has reached us. We would get inside info but it hasn't been much.

Imo, it all points somewhat in the same direction towards how NI thinks about its customers.
Company gone big; customers are just a number.
TBH, i'm always tempted to post a crying baby gif when i read stuff like this. How self-entitled can you be? And how much more info do you expect? They've shown the GUI, which makes it obvious what'll be in there, and they posted an extensive blog post. Seriously, it's YOUR attitude which is the issue here, not the communication from NI's side.

I don't know how old you are, but, i'm still from times where companies just released their finished product. No announcement, no extensive infos before the release, not even a marketing campaign. In comparison, we live in total paradise these days, and people are complaining about the evilness of the "big" companies (as i mentioned elsewhere, in my one-horse town, there's at least 3 companies as big as NI... NI is nothing more than a mid tier company). It always comes down to the same thing: The attitude and mentality of the customers, not the companies themselves.

Just shut the f**k up.

Aye, that's the sort of answer i expected. :tu:

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am Aye, that's the sort of answer i expected. :tu:
If you expect it, why do you poke the bear? It's a given that this has become a self entitled world. It doesn't even surprise me anymore. It certainly shouldn't surprise you. I grew up during the age of rotary phones and love beads. That doesn't mean I'm shocked at anything I see today. Look at who the US put in the White House.

I have no idea when the end times are going to be but I wouldn't be surprised if they came during my lifetime because this is one f**ked up world we live in.

This forum is just a microcosm of that world. Yesterday, in a thread that I hadn't been in in days, somebody, out of nowhere, tore into me, my music, my business, everything. Oh don't worry, the mods took care of him quickly. Still, that's the world we live in. People are self entitled assholes.

There are days I think death can't come soon enough.

Then I realize that would mean no more amazing Wags tunes.

And that's a void that can never be filled.

So I'm sticking around for a while anyway.

Have a nice day. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am Aye, that's the sort of answer i expected. :tu:
I actually didn't read your post as you sound like a broken record.

But I work for users all the time. I know all about user's entitlement (user's entitlement is always around and it's a tough balance to deal with) but I also know about the other side of the coin: user friendliness towards users.

What is your experience in the field exactely??

wagtunes wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am
If you expect it, why do you poke the bear? It's a given that this has become a self entitled world. It doesn't even surprise me anymore. It certainly shouldn't surprise you.
Maybe. I still feel the need to call it out though, otherwise people think it's a complete given to act like that. I won't give into that kind of mentality. And i only can recommend to talk, or work with people from the "industry" to get a more healthy view on those "evil companies". Or business in general.

Other than that, totally agree with what you wrote.
Stefken wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am
I actually didn't read your post as you sound like a broken record.

But I work for users all the time. I know all about user's entitlement (user's entitlement is always around and it's a tough balance to deal with) but I also know about the other side of the coin: user friendliness towards users.

What is your experience in the field exactely??
Seriously? What branch is that where you become so self-entitled on the other end of the stick? IMO, you have no idea about business. You don't even know what size of company you're talking about, or how big this business is in general. Actually, you know nothing. At least that's how it appears to me, when you post here. Just completely clueless.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 am Seriously? What branch is that where you become so self-entitled on the other end of the stick?
You're a fine keyboard warrior but you didn't answer my question.
So I guess you have no experience.

I have plenty of experience with entitled users. To be honest, they had my blood boiling on several occasions but dealing with them is part of the job.

I can be harsh towards other 'producers' as I know what is demanded of me, and compare.
I also have a lot of experience towards communication. So, again, I have a reference I can compare with. If a company promises to give insights into the development, interviews, blogs and then delivers just 1? blog by now, I am entitled to call this a weak campaign (so far).

They still have 2 weeks so it might be that we still see the communication train rolling.
Their website is always top notch, so they surely have the knowledge indoors to do a good campaign.

Seriously, can we stop with the personal attacks? Its slowly ruining KVR thread by thread. Clicked here to read about Massive X not two ppl bashing eachother.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am I don't know how old you are, but, i'm still from times where companies just released their finished product. No announcement, no extensive infos before the release, not even a marketing campaign.
in those time they didn't sell their product before it was released ;)

Return to “Instruments”