Cubase Pro 10 What can I use from it in other DAWs?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
chk071
KVRAF
19857 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 am

You know, it's great to have that amount of content, when you really need it. But, unfortunately, Steinberg doesn't even provide an uninstaller for it anymore, in Cubase 10 on Windows, so, you have to remove it manually, which i did yesterday. PITA, especially when you're not sure where it is located.

Anyway.

dellboy
KVRian
863 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Re: Cubase Pro 10 What can I use from it in other DAWs?

Post Thu May 16, 2019 4:01 am

I have no use for the loops, but I very much like that Halion Sonic is streamlined and has the presets in the browser without firing up an app to clutter the desktop. I have Kontakt 5 - Sampletank3 - Structure, and others and I am no longer using them, Halion Sonic is enough for my basic needs. The presets can always be replaced for better ones at a later stage after the song is sketched.

David W
KVRer
17 posts since 13 May, 2019

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:50 am

chk071 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 am
You know, it's great to have that amount of content, when you really need it. But, unfortunately, Steinberg doesn't even provide an uninstaller for it anymore, in Cubase 10 on Windows, so, you have to remove it manually, which i did yesterday. PITA, especially when you're not sure where it is located.
You can uninstall the content or move it to another location using the Steinberg Library Manager, which is installed along with Cubase.

enroe
KVRian
959 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:51 am

dellboy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:01 am
... Halion Sonic ... has the presets in the browser without firing up an app to clutter the desktop.
Yes, one of the big advantages of the combi "Cubase+Halion"!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

jancivil
KVRAF
18247 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Thu May 16, 2019 9:59 am

'to have that amount of content', all of which is for people that don't create their own anything.

And yes, you can *remove* via Library Manager; then Cubase will open and tell you it isn't found, and you 'remove' it from its sight as well, or it will do that every time.

chk071
KVRAF
19857 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 am

Yep. Check the other thread where i responded to that.

felis
KVRian
509 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Post Sun May 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Functional wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:31 pm
1. Retrologue isn't anything awfully special. It has PWM, it has osc sync and it's decent as a cookiecutter subtractive synth with 3 oscs + 1 sub osc. Have one already? I say don't bother with retrologue. It's good at what it does, but there's so much else out there that does the same and it's not worth the price of Cubase if you're just interested in content that is behind it rather than the DAW itself. Retrologue in particular doesn't offer any super-fancy features like say, Serum does with its filter section....
Retrologue is pretty standard, but it does have a few kind of unique things. The most unique is the Resonator section: https://steinberg.help/retrologue/v2/en ... ect_r.html

The oscillators also have sync, cross mod, x-or, and multi - up to 8 oscillators at once:
https://steinberg.help/retrologue/v2/en ... ion_r.html

You can make some pretty different sounding stuff, especially with the Resonators.

felis
KVRian

Post Sun May 19, 2019 1:50 pm

v1o wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm
Does Halion sonic SE come with the classic Yamaha Motif libraries?

I'm pretty sure it used to.
I know I had some Motif sounds and the S90 Yamaha piano sound in one of the older versions.

EDIT: I just checked and the Yamaha S90ES piano is in Sonic SE Artist now, so probably the other
Motif stuff got moved there too.

If you get Pro or Artist, any Motif stuff should be in there.
Last edited by felis on Sun May 19, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

felis
KVRian

Post Sun May 19, 2019 1:55 pm

jancivil wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:56 pm
.... Unless windows is radically different in this regard, the installer will have an arrow to reveal all the content to install. I install almost none of it now....

I think the Windows install is radically different. At least it is for me.
When I use the download assistant, I see no options - it's all or nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by felis on Sun May 19, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil
KVRAF
18247 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun May 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Yeah, that's not what I meant. There is no way around the full download, the_installer however gives you an option to deselect the content.

felis
KVRian

Post Sun May 19, 2019 2:07 pm

jancivil wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Yeah, that's not what I meant. There is no way around the full download, the_installer however gives you an option to deselect the content.
OK - I misunderstood. I don't remember if there were options to install after downloading.
And I can't check it now.
If I click on the installer now, I only get options to 'repair', 'modify', or 'remove'.

Blaster
KVRist
238 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Ireland

Post Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm

You can do modify and then it should show you those options.

felis
KVRian

Post Sun May 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Blaster wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:22 pm
You can do modify and then it should show you those options.
OK - I just checked and there are tons of options there, but I don't see any for the actual program content.
I just load it all anyways, and if I find I never use something, I can always delete it later.

But like jancivil says, it can be a bear to find it because it's pretty much scattered in a lot of different places.

v1o
KVRAF
1573 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sun May 19, 2019 7:02 pm

felis wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:50 pm
v1o wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm
Does Halion sonic SE come with the classic Yamaha Motif libraries?

I'm pretty sure it used to.
I know I had some Motif sounds and the S90 Yamaha piano sound in one of the older versions.

EDIT: I just checked and the Yamaha S90ES piano is in Sonic SE Artist now, so probably the other
Motif stuff got moved there too.

If you get Pro or Artist, any Motif stuff should be in there.
I’m getting Cubase Pro so that’s great news. I get nostalgic towards those classic workstation keyboard sounds. Brings back the 90s. Thanks.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”