Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
2939 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Wed May 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 pm
plexuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:07 pm
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:05 pm
plexuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
These modular emulations are so authentic that they've even modeled the money pit experience of owning a real modular rig.
... at a fraction of the cost! :party:
Yeah, so now you can be a middle aged rich guy who never finishes a track on any budget. :D
My music output over the last 4 years. So, now what? :phones:


https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/sets/tracks
That wasn't aimed directly at you. You're comment was kind of ambiguous so I wasn't sure what you're agenda was (I get it now).
My advice: don't take things too personally on the internet.
Likewise, if you don't mean something personally you might want to write it to clearly communicat that intention. over and out. :tu:

Local Man
KVRist
452 posts since 31 May, 2017

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Wed May 08, 2019 7:18 pm

plexuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:14 pm
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 pm
plexuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:07 pm
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:05 pm
plexuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
These modular emulations are so authentic that they've even modeled the money pit experience of owning a real modular rig.
... at a fraction of the cost! :party:
Yeah, so now you can be a middle aged rich guy who never finishes a track on any budget. :D
My music output over the last 4 years. So, now what? :phones:


https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/sets/tracks
That wasn't aimed directly at you. You're comment was kind of ambiguous so I wasn't sure what you're agenda was (I get it now).
My advice: don't take things too personally on the internet.
Likewise, if you don't mean something personally you might want to write it to clearly communicat that intention. over and out. :tu:
:tu:

cherryDan
KVRist
70 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri May 10, 2019 10:09 am

Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
Edit: it looks like it's a smaller bundle called voltage modular ignite that is on sale.
I am not quite as interested now. I don't want to hassle with a bunch of micro transaction nonsense just to get the capabilities I want.
Hi,

I just wanted to chime in and say, for the record, that if you like Voltage Ignite and you want to upgrade to the full Voltage Core+Electro Drums package, an upgrade bundle is available for $49. It's a single purchase (not multiple micro transactions), and you can choose to buy it at any time in the future. You can also demo the full Core package first to see if you like what's included. You can do quite a lot with Ignite, however, the Core upgrade includes 65 additional modules, including the drum modules and sequencer, Sampler I, the polyphonic modules, more effects, and a lot more.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Local Man
KVRist
452 posts since 31 May, 2017

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri May 10, 2019 11:01 am

cherryDan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:09 am
Local Man wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
Edit: it looks like it's a smaller bundle called voltage modular ignite that is on sale.
I am not quite as interested now. I don't want to hassle with a bunch of micro transaction nonsense just to get the capabilities I want.
Hi,

I just wanted to chime in and say, for the record, that if you like Voltage Ignite and you want to upgrade to the full Voltage Core+Electro Drums package, an upgrade bundle is available for $49. It's a single purchase (not multiple micro transactions), and you can choose to buy it at any time in the future. You can also demo the full Core package first to see if you like what's included. You can do quite a lot with Ignite, however, the Core upgrade includes 65 additional modules, including the drum modules and sequencer, Sampler I, the polyphonic modules, more effects, and a lot more.

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Thanks for adding that context. I apologize if my comment was in any way disparaging of your product or offer. I didn't choose my words wisely.

These new details (not to mention your professional and courteous discourse here) have certainly made me very interested again. I will definitely have to give the demo a try.

cherryDan
KVRist
70 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri May 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Local Man wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:01 am
Thanks for adding that context. I apologize if my comment was in any way disparaging of your product or offer. I didn't choose my words wisely.

These new details (not to mention your professional and courteous discourse here) have certainly made me very interested again. I will definitely have to give the demo a try.
No offense taken whatsoever! I just wanted to clear up any confusion. A lot of people are taking advantage of the Plugin Boutique sale with the Core+Misfit Electro Drums upgrade right now -- it's actually cheaper than buying Voltage Core. (Shhhhh!)

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

WasteLand
KVRist
222 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

there seems to be an new update for VM, downloading it now..

version 13.1.13, looking at the number, small (or big..) bugfixes, improvements?
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

User avatar
dave dove
KVRian
957 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:35 am

TB or not TB?

dave
There is Now and Not Now
Website Reaktor MaxForLive Facebook Youtube

User avatar
lnikj
KVRAF
2002 posts since 23 May, 2005 from the North Cornwall coast

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 am

That is the question.


WasteLand
KVRist
222 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:09 am

aha new stuff. i already have the korg ms-20 and a TB clone. with plugin host i can use them.. but perhaps, is VM going the synth way...
win 7 pro; cubase 10 pro, live 10 suite (+push 2), reaper, arturia V collection 6, reason 10, maschine (mk3+jam), korg collection, komplete 11 ultimate, softube modular, VM and many more..
https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

cherryDan
KVRist
70 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 3:41 pm

KVR friends,

Lots of exciting news to announce today! There are some great new vintage synthesizer modules in the store, some useful new modules in the Core collection, and a new update to Voltage Modular, and they're all available now!

>> MS Vintage Bundle

Image

If you've tried the VCF-20 Filter ($15) module, you know how great that raunchy, aggressive vintage filter tone can be. Our new VCO-20 Dual Oscillator module ($15) uncannily reproduces the unique lo-fi oscillator waveforms and unusual ring modulator effect of one of the most famous Japanese synthesizers of the 70s. These modules sound fantastic together, and make up the new MS Vintage Bundle ($25).

Hear the MS Vintage Bundle in this video!

https://youtu.be/SoltVjCXiDI

>> TB Vintage Bundle

Image

Speaking of vintage synthesizers, Cherry Audio is proud to announce the release of the new TB Oscillator ($10) and TB Filter ($10) modules. These modules are highly-accurate recreations of the oscillator and filter section of the world's most iconic acid techno bass synth. The TB Oscillator's Wave Mix control adds new tone colors, and the TB Filter's saturation knob creates subtle to nasty overdrive. These modules are available together in the new TB Vintage Bundle ($15).

Check out the authentic tones of the TB Vintage Bundle in this video!

https://youtu.be/ONv-Qsn8WRc

>> New Core Modules

Image

Owners of the Voltage Core package will find two new modules - for FREE! - in their collection. The Poly MIDI Input module lets you control polyphonic modules from any available MIDI Input device. You can also feed a MIDI signal to the module, and use it as a MIDI-to-Poly-CV module.

The MIDI Channel Filter module takes a MIDI input and filters out all but the selected MIDI channels. When used in conjunction with the MIDI Input and Poly MIDI Input modules, you can use multiple MIDI controllers transmitting on different MIDI channels to control different parts of a Voltage Modular patch.

>> Voltage Modular 1.3.13 Update

A new update of Voltage Modular has been released as well! This update fixes a few small issues users have encountered with Voltage Modular, plus it solves a problem with the high-pass filter, which caused low frequencies to bleed in when the resonance was turned up.

Developers will find a significant new feature in Voltage Module Designer 1.3.13. Auto Complete will automatically suggest the names of variables and functions as you're typing, making it easier than ever to build new modules in record time. Please note that this experimental new feature is off by default. To activate this feature, select Edit->Preferences, select the Code Editor page, and click on "Enable Auto Complete".

Image

As always, Voltage Modular will download the update automatically, or you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library to download the update immediately!

>> More on the way!

Finally, there are some really exciting new 3rd party modules due out in the next few weeks, from current and new developers. More to come!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan
KVRist
70 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Also, if anyone is interested in learning about the origins of Voltage Modular, my career in music software, and more exciting topics, I was interviewed recently by Darwin Grosse for his Art + Music + Technology blog:

https://artmusictech.libsyn.com/podcast ... erry-audio

Enjoy!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

User avatar
UnbalancedBeats
KVRist
191 posts since 6 Jun, 2008 from Spain

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Thanks for the update!

User avatar
mrj1nx
KVRian
549 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 pm

cherryDan > Is there a way in Voltage Modular to turn mono modules into a poly synth without making one copy per voice? Like a container where everything inside is polyphonic, or similar? For example, could I make a poly synth with those new MS or TB modules? (without patching it up with one per voice)

User avatar
future-bit
KVRist
286 posts since 23 Jan, 2008

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 am

mrj1nx wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 pm
cherryDan > Is there a way in Voltage Modular to turn mono modules into a poly synth without making one copy per voice? Like a container where everything inside is polyphonic, or similar? For example, could I make a poly synth with those new MS or TB modules? (without patching it up with one per voice)

Use modules:

Poly To Mono
Mono To Poly
Poly Unison
Poly Stereo Spread
One To Eight Switch
Eight Switch To One

Return to “Instruments”