Best House Synth?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've to say that "house" has changed from what it used to be in the late 80's with acts like "Cold Cut" and the Detroit people. Lisa Stasfield was a common featured singer on quite a few House tracks.

As for the question - You've to remember that this type of music came out of the DJ culture. With a totally different approach to music. They started to mix/remix singles under all kinds of temporary names. Later on they started to release full albums under "band" names. Think of Tim Simenon. With who, by the way, Mute Records created a sub label (can't remember the name - anyone ?) for that kind of music.

And so, there was an extensive use of samples from records. The basic foudament elements are, of course, the kick and the bass which on top they, mostly , added samples. A typical thing for House, at that time, was "screaming " female voices. I think the TR was popular. But you could probalably use any synth that can create deep bass sounds.

For kicks I'll suggest you just use sampled pre-processed stuff. Why invent the wheel again ?

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:56 am No Sylenth1 is dope,just for stuff it makes well,but its basic and lack of modulations send it to classic corner...
Dare to say i grow up significantly as ideas and technique last two years making huge amount of presets for advanced synths as both Synthmasters,but think to change the direction and policy - focus on small style or instrumental oriented sets,made precisely to prove myself as 'pro' with highest quality vst synths,i'm not the best designer in the world,but for sure one of most persistent :)
My biggest vst love will always remain Tone2 Firebird,which i know really well and still find very usefull(for house too),but things evolve in vst world and new synths are so powerful it's just pointless to waste time and money for like 10-12 limited when you can have more in just one.
So after a few pages of the same thing, and multiple people saying theres no genre specific synth, or synth that excels in a certain genre, you still fail to see the point. SM works for you, and thats great! If it makes you feel like it inspires to bang out house patches easily, awesome. Just keep in mind that it is all in your head. It doesnt need need crazy modulations. ANY decent modern synth is more than capable to make sounds for house music, hip hop, pop, etc.. It’s about programming, and how you click with a synth.But if SM works for you, cool. Not sure what you are trying to prove by insisting it’s a perfect house synth. I mean, it is, for you. For others. Sylenth is. At the end of the day, all you need is a kick, a hi hat, and a keyboard to crank out the funk. Best of luck OP.

https://youtu.be/3Sex5YCT__I

Ok peace,make love and music :)

Blaster wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
rob_lee wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:24 am
Similar sound here I did with Synthmaster One.. sure I did more with Sylenth and Dune 2/3

SM ONE

https://youtu.be/L41TFVpULfU?t=439

These sounds are all free now
Nooooo, this says EDM. EDM is not House. Don't you understand? :roll:
No.. I don't understand genres at all can you show me how to make a track? I need the experience.

Thanks

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:58 pm:hihi:
Daft c**t :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:00 pm
think hes too busy teaching his grandma to suck eggs to be teaching you the house! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm
rob_lee wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:00 pm
think hes too busy teaching his grandma to suck eggs to be teaching you the house! :hihi:
f**k em mate let them figure out how to make sounds themselves.. :tu: I'm too busy playing Quantum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”