Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLM is relatively recent development. I ignored it until this install myself.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm I see now that there's a iZOzone8Elements.dll and a Ozone8Elements.dll in the plugin folder, and the iZOzone one gets blacklisted. Not sure if it's a plugin DLL at all. As you say, the Ozone8Elements.dll shows up as avaialble.
Yep, i see that now too. Ozone vst 2 works just fine. My hypothesis is that the much bigger iZOzone8.dll file is not a VST2 but rather code that is used by the VST. Other DAW's that I used (e.g. Reaper) just quietly ignore *.dll files on the search path that are not VSTs.

DrEntropy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm Is anybody running Ozone Elements 8 on Cubase 10? It got blacklisted here, and i wonder why...
Check the plugin manager. When i first opened cubase 10 it blacklisted ALL my Izotope plugins. Or so i thought. It was only the VST2 versions.
EDIT: Hmm i am not sure what is going on, as the VST2 versions still show up as available, even though blacklisted. Oh well, still works.
None of your Izotope plugins are getting blacklisted. Izotope floods your VST directory with DLL's that appear (at least in my limited knowledge) to be related only to the GUI. So for every Izotope plugin I have an abbreviated name of the same plugin that gets blacklisted (because it is not the actual plugin itself), for example iZotope Nectar 2 Breath Control.dll also has an iZNectar2BreathControl.dll file (this is the blacklisted one).

Deleting the extra DLL files results in missing GUI's (thus my above assumption).

Otherwise, all load and work as they should in Cubase.

Crossgrade doesnt work for me. I submitted verfication during purchase, which was confirmed/accepted by email the next day with links to ‚continue‘ the purchase. But links restart the purchase from scratch, with new verification process. Tried Steinberg Shop login - to no avail. Tried to contact Asknet, but no answer after one week. Flawed process? Very frustrating, especially since there is no way to get help. Should Asknet better be called Asknot ?

You have to use your email and password that Steinberg sent you when you applied for a crossgrade price. The link they send you to continue forward has a log in spot. It’s not very straightforward, but I futzed around with it for a couple of minutes and got to the application page where I left off. Alternatively, there’s 3rd party vendors who can speed up the approval process a little, but may take a couple of days to get you a license number.

Testing Pro demo and not finding where to switch audio devices.
App takes over audio card and mutes all audio from internet.
I know which device to switch but not seeing choice list anywhere in Preferences, etc.

Musical Gym wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm Testing Pro demo and not finding where to switch audio devices.
App takes over audio card and mutes all audio from internet.
I know which device to switch but not seeing choice list anywhere in Preferences, etc.
Under „Studio setup“.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

thank you

Musical Gym wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 am thank you
You're welcome. Cubase has this additional audio layer on top of the actual DAW. This is unique to Cubase and can be a bit counter intuitive if you come from another DAW. But once you get a hang of it it is actually quite brilliant. It is where the MixConsole lives.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Great, just ordered from pluginalley for additional 10% off with code pa-cubase10, now back in stock.
$149.40

Once you order the crossgrade and USB-eLicenser, does Steinberg send the USB dongle quickly?
Have you tried Vital?

I actually bought mine from a Guitar Center that’s fairly close to me. The USB dongles are fairly common. If there is a musical instrument store in your town, you may want to check and see if they have one, just for the sake of instant gratification

Had Cubase 4 10+ years ago, liked it and actually made music with it. Been using Reason for some years now, and love it. The problem is that it’s a lot of fun, but I never seem to complete anything. Got the Cubase 10 demo, took four days to get the basics down, and am thrilled to be on the verge of completing a song for the first time in ages. I know it’s all in my head but Cubase seems more “serious” than Reason. I find it helps me focus on the project rather than just play around.

Bottom line: Bought the crossgrade and selling Reason 10 in the Marketplace for $150. Thank yo Steinberg, I could not afford it without this sale.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 am Once you order the crossgrade and USB-eLicenser, does Steinberg send the USB dongle quickly?
No idea, I already had dongle.

Musical Gym wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:41 pm Use code pa-cubase10 to get another 10% off Cubase 10 Elements, Artist, Pro and their crossgrade!
($149.40 for cross grade.)
https://pluginalley.com/product-categor ... rg/cubase/
After waiting a week their support reply, I finally got a message from Plugin Alley.
Now they claim, that the offer was only for the US customers. However, earler offer was shown in Europe, too, i.e. Plugin Alley either speaks bull, or/and treat their customers unequally. If they made a misstake, they should admit it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”