Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was smooth for me, as well. Ordered it Monday, got it Tuesday. Early Tuesday morning before going back to bed, I started the download. It was waiting for me when I woke up. DHL arrived a couple of hours later, and if I had read the 'read me' file before attempting to authenticate, it would've been completely smooth. My ability to do things is very rudimentary at this point, but I am well on my way to building a template that matches my main Logic template. I really won't know how it works under pressure of a real project for a while in comparison to Logic, but so far it seems quite stable. I don't think I've ever used more than 24 tracks.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Not sure why anyone is installing the extra download manager (the one prompted that is optional via a checkmark), but its not necessary in case anyone else is taking the plunge.

I have a "poor" USA connection though and it took all of 30 minutes to download the 20some gig files (yes, sarcasm).

I'm anti-bloat to the max though and set in my ways, I don't install anything at all I don't absolutely need.
Have you tried Vital?

You need the Download Manager to download Cubase... i don't find any direct link on Steinberg's website anymore.

DrEntropy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:56 pm
mgw38 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm But somebody mentioned that the installer allows you to choose the location during install. Can't confirm that one because I already have everything installed.
I can confirm, as i have just installed Cubase Pro and it allowed my to choose the install location. However there were some issues with Cubase finding some files (e.g. logical editor presets ) and i had to move a few things by hand.
Yap, phone confirmed the whole enchilada can be installed by choice.
UAD seems to be one of the last Smurfs with desperately lazy programmers.

Another round of going back and forth ...

I forgot to mention, aside the narrowed US/EU price variation,
local dealers guarantee to process inquiries within given promo even if article is marked "out of stock".
I.e. waverers like me can place order on Jun 3 and still get their parcel later on.

So far, so good.
DrEntropy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:51 pm
macmuse wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 am I read somewhere on the internet amid all the recent Cubase talk that a dongle-less solution is forthcoming.
My suspicous side wonders if they are trying to offload as many dongles as they can with this sale before announcing a cloud solution :)
Not bad :tu: ... hence the back and forth
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Yes, exactly - that's the point - competition is strong, so they have to try a bit harder and they totally failed on me. That's all there is to it basically. Nice try to ridicule me though, fanboi!
1: I am not a Cubase user... so no fanboi.
2: Not trying to ridicule you. It seems you don't need my help with that...

;) :hihi:

chk071 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 pm You need the Download Manager to download Cubase... i don't find any direct link on Steinberg's website anymore.
There's 2 of them. The default one where you choose the products to download is default (automatically installed). Then there's the one prompted that you do not need to install. Don't install it unless you have a crap connection.
Have you tried Vital?

toonertik wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:56 pm
Kongru wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:54 pm
jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 pm
dellboy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Did you buy directly from the Steinberg website ?
Of course not. Best Service, as I had been mentioning before here.
I ordered through the Steinberg website and got it the next day, sounds like the issue is with Best Service.
Saves me explaining>>> :tu:

Agreed, went smooth and fast for me when I dealt with Steinberg directly (just c10 Download Version / elicenser already at hand)

Edit: quoted wrong posts
Last edited by hlecram on Fri May 17, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:15 pm B.t.w.: Thomann offers a Crossgrade to Digital Performer that I can get for 220€, which is not a world more than the Cubase Crossgrade. And the included content of DP is of a lot higher quality overall, I think (which in fact might make me end up selling several plugin licences)
So, since you obviously figured that, why did you attempt to make business with Steinberg in the first place? :roll: :dog:
Is it really that hard to wait some more days? Why didn’t you tried to order in the Steinberg online Shop, it might have gone a bit faster!?

What the f**k? I decided I didn't want to wait any longer as I totally dislike how they deal with that situation. It's MY choice and I don't have to defend myself for cancelling my order. In my opinion there is NO excuse for having me wait THAT long. If you can't deliver, don't sell, that is my opinion.

I already explained (not that I have to) why I chose to purchase via Best Service rather than Steinberg directly - and again: if Steinberg allow Best Service to sell their products for them then they should co-operate properly with them. This is business ethics 101. To me it's clear that Steinberg is the villain here and I don't like to deal with rogues - simple as that. And again: I had ZERO reason to assume I would not get in a sane amount of time what I was about to purchase. Now to ask me in hindsight why I didn't do it differently is extremely stupid really. :dog:

And these are my last words on this. In my opinion even this reply of mine is just a waste of time as basically I consider you unworthy. :razz: :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Those facing a 'no stock' situation who have not had a Cubase 10 trial before can buy an eLicenser from anyone with stock, start a 30 day trial of their chosen version of Cubase and that will tide them over until their crossgrade is approved. This frees you to buy the crossgrade 'download only' - you get an activation code (by e-mail if you buy directly from Steinberg). Apply that activation code using the eLicenser Control Center program that is installed along with Cubase and you have a permanent Cubase licence with no need to reinstall, even.

If Cubase Elements is your chosen version you do not need a USB eLicenser as this version works with a soft eLicenser. If Cubase Artist is your chosen version, there does not appear to be a trial version of Cubase Artist, but I'm fairly certain that Artist will run with a Pro licence, so you can install Cubase Artist and run it with a trial licence for Pro.

Those in the UK with Amazon Prime can get an eLicenser for next day delivery for £24 - Amazon themselves are out of stock but there are third parties with stock that use Fulfilled by Amazon. That is a bit more than buying as part of a boxed product, but it will likely get you up and running much quicker.

jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:19 pm
rlared wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:17 pm
jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm
rlared wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm
jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 pm Nine days after the purchase (and immediate proof of eligibility) they still did not deliver, so I cancelled the purchase now.

Adiós Steinberg, I can't say it was fun attempting to deal with you but thanks for showing who you are soon enough to give me the opportunity to run away from you as fast as I can.
Steinberg's site makes you verify eligibility BEFORE it allows you to purchase...
What could your point possibly be here?
You say you were dealing with Steinberg, but you weren't.
No, I wrote I attempted to deal with them. There's a difference, genius. It's right there in the text you quoted, Einstein.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... sh/attempt
Apologies. Allow me to correct my incredibly stupid statement.

You said you attempted to deal with Steinberg, but you didn't.

Wow, you're right, that one little word made a huge difference to the conversation! :roll:

Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:39 pm You need the Download Manager to download Cubase... i don't find any direct link on Steinberg's website anymore.
There's 2 of them. The default one where you choose the products to download is default (automatically installed). Then there's the one prompted that you do not need to install. Don't install it unless you have a crap connection.
I wish they had explained the options a bit better. I used the "optional' one and had no problems, but didn't know that the default one gave you options on what to download!!! I do wish Steinberg would document things better....

DrEntropy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:38 pm
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm
I wish they had explained the options a bit better. I used the "optional' one and had no problems, but didn't know that the default one gave you options on what to download!!! I do wish Steinberg would document things better....
I agree, however I am usually disappointed in these areas anyway. Here's where I'd say "but I can't be the project lead of them all", but in reality it just takes competence of hired others in the area of their supposed 'expertise'.
Have you tried Vital?

I provided Best Service with details of my eligibility on Saturday and received the serial number today.

chk071 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 amuse the Quick Controls, which are easily set up (unless you miss the options, which are, again, in the Studio options...), but, meh... only 8 knobs are assignable, and you have to switch between knob assignments with a switch on the GUI. Or... you use the Remote Control editor, after you set up a generic controller, which is quite a PITA, by the way. I figured it out once, but, couldn't remember how to do it, and, the learn knob basically did nothing for me. To be honest, i think i forgot the third option, but, i'm sure there was one.
Quick Controls is seriously dated. But as to Generic Remote, if learn isn't working, something's wrong. EG: I have a Korg NanoKontrol 2 gathering dust because it won't do MIDI in Steinberg on this OS at all. 'Learn does nothing', in other words.
If the connection is made, it works. Fortunately for me I have very little use for all this. No one knows how most of it works, it's a dark art, Generic Remote.
chk071 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am the collapsible menus in the track inspector are a serious design flaw. They either should all be collapsible at the same time, or not at all. That's at least one click too much required every time.
Really? You open up the one you need and if you want to get back to everything showing you click on the parent tab for the track. I only use one thing at a time. YMMV :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”