MSF Public beta/new owners Discussion, QA

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to assign a MP to browse or scroll through a generators presets?
Say I have a wavetable in the generator and a group of MPs for the controls of the wavetable. Is it possible (using the switcher probably?) to use a MP to make it possible to select different wavetables?

I haven't found a way to target preset lists, sadly—would be cool:) Maybe someone more expert will confirm?

You CAN make an MP for randomizing, say, the wavetable panel or the sub-panel that's just about which waves are used, but the randomized parameters wouldn't be save-able in a Device Preset, since these are not assigned to an MP.

OTOH, you could assign all those parameters to an MP! Even better, you could create a Bank, which is a series of different grouped settings for a given bunch of parameters that can be switched or interpolated between with a single Easy Screen control or list, really cool, and not quite as daunting as it looks at first, in the official video on making them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMzwvWm0xEQ

So, in short you could load a bunch of preset or randomized WT's parameters and step or sweep between them from the Easy Screen.

Check out the really cool Factory Device Rise & Fall, which has both randomizers for the WT module AND Banks for selecting specific waves for them with an Easy Screen slider. Built by THE master of the Easy Screen, imo, Jason Gibbins (posts here as jmg8):

Sorry, on further digging, it looks like the Randomizing doesn't target the WT module, but other MPs in that Device. But they could be targeted for randomizing…

I need to look more into what the banks are about, its the one behavior control I never use. Does the video you posted cover behavior controls? I’m unable to stream video currently. Thanks for your help.

tyjodamofo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 pm I need to look more into what the banks are about, its the one behavior control I never use. Does the video you posted cover behavior controls? I’m unable to stream video currently. Thanks for your help.
You need to go to the Melda web site and check out all the video tutorials there. It will take you a couple of hours to watch all the relevant ones, and some you will want/need to watch multiple times to "get it". This is deep stuff - very powerful but having a substantial learning curve.

Somewhere in those videos (one of the MP videos, if memory serves - which it might not) is an explanation of bank type MPs.

Edit: Geeze - I see just a few posts above the video is directly mentioned. Anyway, watch it, but watch the others as well. One video in isolation is not going to demonstrate the breadth of possibilities here.

"One video in isolation is not going to demonstrate the breadth of possibilities here."

Nor will ALL the videos:)

tyjodamofo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 pm I need to look more into what the banks are about, its the one behavior control I never use. Does the video you posted cover behavior controls? I’m unable to stream video currently. Thanks for your help.
Not sure what you mean by "behavior"…?

dmbaer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:43 pm
I find melda plugins to be pretty intuitive and easy to use for how feature rich they are. I just haven’t even explored the banks part of MPs yet. I’ll check it out when I am able to stream video.
You need to go to the Melda web site and check out all the video tutorials there. It will take you a couple of hours to watch all the relevant ones, and some you will want/need to watch multiple times to "get it". This is deep stuff - very powerful but having a substantial learning curve.

Somewhere in those videos (one of the MP videos, if memory serves - which it might not) is an explanation of bank type MPs.

Edit: Geeze - I see just a few posts above the video is directly mentioned. Anyway, watch it, but watch the others as well. One video in isolation is not going to demonstrate the breadth of possibilities here.

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 pm
The upper left corner of the MP window that assigns selected behavior of the parameter controls you’re working on.

Not sure what you mean by "behavior"…?

Haha, sorry just realized I typed my responses within the quotes.. lol my bad

tyjodamofo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 pm
The upper left corner of the MP window that assigns selected behavior of the parameter controls you’re working on.
Ah, got it. This more basic Melda-MP video does that, IIRC, leaving out Banks until this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7PuwSR-Knc

Can anyone tell me how to assign an envelope to the reverb mix or whatever workaround is necessary to achieve ducked reverb?

focusrite wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pm Can anyone tell me how to assign an envelope to the reverb mix or whatever workaround is necessary to achieve ducked reverb?
I'd start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1MZdyttBc8

Also the Main Template includes a reverb with a ducking parameter:

Two easy ways of using these fx with either an existing GPreset or a Device described in my video, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ZHsYTY5mo

Return to “MeldaProduction”