Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

macmuse wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Was this a crossgrade that included the dongle?
Yes, it was the boxed version which just has the dongle and license inside the box.

Good to know, thank you! Some writeups didn't say it was included. Mine isn't one of the newer ones so that might be a better option than a download-only purchase.

dellboy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Yes, it was the boxed version which just has the dongle and license inside the box.
Confusing Steinberg stuff.

I bought the Cubase 10 pro crossgrade download, it automatically added the $28 dongle as an addon, no mention of shipping or otherwise. I'm assuming this Dongle will show up in my mail at some point since it shows a 'shipping address' in my order? Anyone else in a similar boat know the deal?
Have you tried Vital?

dellboy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:53 pm

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/a ... enser.html
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Harry_HH wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:16 amAfter waiting a week their support reply, I finally got a message from Plugin Alley. Now they claim, that the offer was only for the US customers. However, earler offer was shown in Europe, too, i.e. Plugin Alley either speaks bull, or/and treat their customers unequally. If they made a misstake, they should admit it.
I got a full version from them and it's hard to imagine they had different boundaries for cross-grades. I just bought my eLicenser locally, which took a few days but arrived yesterday.
chk071 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am… Studio One. It's all a bit more simple, elegant, and straight forward. One example would be the thing mentioned earlier in this thread: You want to change the audio device, and think that it has to be in the general options, while it's in a totally different menu, under "Studio options".
To be fair, that's just stuff you need to learn, like I had to when I switched from SoundForge to Audition. Yes, I'd hope to find all that stuff in Preferences but I see it as part of the learning curve for any complex application. In Orion, you access that stuff through Options|Audio Output Settings so I'd find Studio One just as strange as Cubase for that. And, to be fair, it allowed me to set it up when I opened it for the first time, so I haven't had to go looking for it anyway.
Anyway, that's just my opinion, which can be disagreed with, of course, but, there's quite a few obstacles for me in terms of workflow.
That's my problem with everything - compared to Orion their workflows all suck - but with Orion long out of production, it makes sense to me to move on. I didn't like Bitwig much but I am going to make Cubase work, no matter how hard the transition is. I reckon I've got the rest of this year to get it all up and running, then we can start work on our next album in 2020 using it exclusively. If we can start using live sooner than that, all the better.
Psuper wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pmI have a "poor" USA connection though and it took all of 30 minutes to download the 20some gig files (yes, sarcasm).
Lucky for you. I have a 4G connection and it took nearly five hours. At least it worked first time, which is very unusual for a download of that size.
jens wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:43 pmWhat the f**k? I decided I didn't want to wait any longer as I totally dislike how they deal with that situation. It's MY choice and I don't have to defend myself for cancelling my order. In my opinion there is NO excuse for having me wait THAT long. If you can't deliver, don't sell, that is my opinion.
Not wanting to get in the middle of this little tete-a-tete but you don't feel like maybe you are cutting off your nose to spite your face? Yes, I understand your frustration but it's a one-off thing that has nothing to do with the product you would have at the end of it. I'd kick myself for making a poor choice but having made that stupid decision, I'd live with it and remember never to make that mistake again.

Anyhoo, it finished downloading at about 11:30pm so I sat up for another 90 minutes installing everything. I opened it up at about 1am and I couldn't even work out how to point it to my VST directory. I think I am going to have to spend a lot of time watching videos on YouTube before I can do anything at all with it. It is an alien landscape to me and very intimidating. At least I could work out the basics in Bitwig without any help.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I can't do anything fancy with it yet, but I am finding my experience with Logic is at least helping me to know what functionality I'm looking for, and so far I've gotten a small project off the ground with ADD2, Synthmaster One, Sampletron flute (a la 'Strawberry Fields'), and a couple of guitar tracks through S-Gear, at 64 bit res, 64 sample buffer, <5ms roundtrip latency. Play with it. The lightbulbs will go on. :)
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My friend says for crossgrade I would have to give up my logic is that true?

No.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

NeoKortex88 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:46 pm My friend says for crossgrade I would have to give up my logic is that true?
That would be insane, if you think about it. :lol: How would Steinberg tell Apple that they need to void your license? :P

NeoKortex88 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:46 pmMy friend says for crossgrade I would have to give up my logic is that true?
They may be confusing this with a crossgrade for the same company.
So if you crossgrade from say NI Kontakt to NI Komplete you can't sell Kontakt without losing access to Komplete.
So in this case the two licences are tied.
But when you crossgrade from Company A to Company B you lose nothing.

What is easiest way to obtain Activation Code from Steinberg after purchase of Crossgrade through 3rd party vendor? I registered demo version through Cubase Pro demo version but I don't see a way to submit serial number that I got from vendor. I updated and re-registered dongle.
The activation code I have now is just for the demo.

Go to eLicenser Control Center, choose Action menu -> Input activation code (or something similar), and your full license should be activated.

I did that to activate demo, but I haven't gotten a full license activation from Steinberg.
All I have now is the serial from the vendor which isn't long enough for an activation code.
I may be missing an interim step of eligibility check and new activation code, but I can't find a straight-forward way to get it. Seems like they'd have something in place without having to open a ticket for it.

Can you activate the key in "MySteinberg" on the Steinberg website (you need to log in there), when you browse to "Redeem download access code"?

Thanks much for help, up and running.
Interesting, I did not need to provide proof of eligibility.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”