Inverted saw

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

does anyone know how to invert saw so to get waveform /| instead of |\ I know some vsti's like Helm have it, but I'm trying to make it in Surge.

Thx

You mean ramp?

Yes, record it and reverse it. Or swap the positive & negative (invert phase)

You do know the difference in sound?
It's not distinguishable..
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yep. So, unless you want to mimic PWM with synths like Sylenth1, which can't do real PWM, i think the use of ramp waveforms are pretty limited. Not talking about LFO's, of course, where they're much more useful.

I'm trying to reproduce a sound, I see it's using reverse ramp, sawtooth, and some other stuff overlays so it doesn't sound good without reverting it. I hope there is some way to do it in synth, without resampling

BertKoor wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm Yes, record it and reverse it. Or swap the positive & negative (invert phase)

I think there isn't option for inverting phase, I'll check it, thx

You can use a Wavetable TriSaw.
Shape to 100%
Skew V to -100%

Though in an Oscilloscope neither the "classic", nor this TriSaw variant looks like the "perfect" diagonal line.
Last edited by Kwurqx on Sun May 19, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BertKoor wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm Yes, record it and reverse it. Or swap the positive & negative (invert phase)

I found option to invert phase in reaper, cool thx

Kwurqx wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm You can use a Wavetable TriSaw.
Shape to 100%
Skew V to -100%
Awesome thx 😊

SallyVate wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Shape to 100%
Skew V to -100%
Awesome thx 😊
Nor this Shaped/Skewed TriSaw, nor the "Classic" Saw look anything like a "mathematical perfect" diagonal line Saw though (when seen in an oscilloscope like MOscilloscope).

Read this in a sarcastic AF type of reply HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
But I think you're actually helping HAHAHAHAHAHA
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Read this in a sarcastic AF type of reply HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
But I think you're actually helping HAHAHAHAHAHA
I didn't see it as AF type of answer and yes it was helpful, maybe if I saw it as AF I would have an reaction and it wouldn't be helpful :)

Kwurqx wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Shape to 100%
Skew V to -100%
Awesome thx 😊
Nor this Shaped/Skewed TriSaw, nor the "Classic" Saw look anything like a "mathematical perfect" diagonal line Saw though (when seen in an oscilloscope like MOscilloscope).
You are right, but it is good enough for now, if I need a perfect saw I will make it in pure data :)

SallyVate wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:36 am
Kwurqx wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 pm
Shape to 100%
Skew V to -100%
Awesome thx 😊
You are right, but it is good enough for now, if I need a perfect saw I will make it in pure data :)
... or try another free VST

Just checked in Surge (as I am using it right now) and I can't see any obvious way, maybe in Windowing or something but honestly, unless the sound relies heavily on the phase relationship between two waves, there is no real difference (which is why many synths don't bother including).

Return to “Sound Design”