Eventide H3000 Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see this is on sale for $67 at JRR Shop (after adding to cart). I've never used the hardware but the video demos of the plugin sound really good on Youtube. Does anyone have any opinions on whether this is plugin is worth it at that price.

Thanks.

I’ve got most of the Eventide plugins, including this one. For me, its seldom used, maybe because for the basic effects I use different, I think better sounding stuff. The multieffects
are impressive, but hard to get sitting in the mix.
This is vintage plugin, in my category ”nice to have it”, but in many level time has passed this monster, if you compare it to developers, as Soundtoys, Valhalla, Sugarbytes, Zynaptiq or Unfiltered audio. Don’t get me wrong, Eventide has many great plugins.
This one is not the best one, for me.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed May 22, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

From what I have read on the internet it doesn't include program #533. Why would they do that?

meloco_go wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:56 pm From what I have read on the internet it doesn't include program #533. Why would they do that?
:o

meloco_go wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:56 pm From what I have read on the internet it doesn't include program #533. Why would they do that?
I"m not familiar with that preset, is there something unique about it?

seangm wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:02 pm Does anyone have any opinions on whether this is plugin is worth it at that price
Simply, yes! I used to work with the original H3000 Ultra-Harmonizer hardware and this plug-in is just the bee's knees - sound wise. Don't quote me but I think there are actually 18 of the original 21 algorithms (deepening on the version) but that doesn't hurt the case. The operation and graphics are pretty old school, but so is the sound in a good way. A very nice tool if want to finish or shine up boring tracks.

Microscope or perfect vision required to use it.

Unfiltered Audio BYOME and NI Molekular and some other MultiFX plugins are quite strong competitors... I really like Eventide, but do not see enough additional value to justify 67$.
Please change my mind...

You gonna change my mind, you ...

Is it NKS compatible? Plugin Boutique suggest it is, but I can't find that info anywhere else.
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

seangm wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm
I"m not familiar with that preset, is there something unique about it?
It is "Vocal Doubler" preset, often times the unit would be permanently loaded on this setting.

I don't think it's really worth it as it currently is, but I have high hopes that this sale means they will soon release an update for it as they recently did with the 2016, Instant Phaser and Instant Flanger, which lifted all of these three to a totally different level - the H3000 Factory is quite old now and back then they did not model the actual hardware but instead just ported the algorithms over. The AD/DA section which was developed by Dave Derr is said to be - alongside the digital algorithms - a major contributor to the sound of the hardware. So it would make a lot of sense that they tackle this now for an update.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Really impressed with this video. I just changed my mind on this and bought it. Thanks for posting Steve.

I’ve demoed it several times but found it underwhelming. Not only is the interface hopelessly outdated, but the majority of the effects have since been surpassed by other plugins. Soundtoys covers a lot with Little Microshift and Crystalizer. Even Eventide have better options for multiple pitch shifted delays. And Valhalla covers most of my needs for delay, chorus, and other modulation effects. Plus, as others mentioned, companies like Unfiltered Audio and Zynaptiq have far more interesting complex effects.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”