One Synth Challenge #123: The Qyooo By Full Bucket Music (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The qyooo

Showing your true colors, Never! 8-) :hihi: (whistle is hilarious!)

Dork level achieved! haha
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

On a more serious note, I think my track is about done. I feel like it might need some percussion or something, haven't decided on that yet.
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Fri May 24, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funny, I did a bit more the off-the-wall type thing, too. Not quite as shroomy as yours, but... dang, though, love yours! Very cool! Watch the whistle, though, can spike a bit nasty. Had that challenge with a few things, too.
Funky as heck! 8-)

Thanks, Taron. I'll check the whistle, but yeah, chased a lot of spikey stuff around and every render has seemed to have it's own issues.

AH! I noticed that, too. Not so much with renders, because I haven't rendered much, yet, but even during playback...things can have different weight or power. Sometimes it feels like some sound sticks out suddenly and when you check again you feel like in a horror-comedy, telling yourself:"I must have imagined that!?" .... :| ... :lol:

Ha, yes....exactly! It's like phases will be aligned for the time being, then fall apart, then aligned...pops and clicks happen in different spots. It's nothing too much to gripe about, just messes with your mind. I'm looking at it as "analog spice" lol.

Healthy mindset! :tu: I shall do so, too! 8-)

neverscene: well done! first part is'nt my cup of tea, but the second one - very nice. whistler is sounding little bit overmodulated (Iimho), but a good idea. nice track.

I love the first part as most will, I'm sure! ;)

Yup @TNS, - first part is very good - as I mentioned in the Slack channel, the burbling bass reminds very much of Ian Drury and the Blockheads stuff! "Hit me"!!! If you don't know them, YouTube is your friend!

I also seem to get the odd changes in power now and then. I just am accepting it as a Quirk of Qyooo, so long as it doesn't distract too badly, it just stays as it is.

dB

Just did another update for my track. I still couldn't get a clap sound I like, but maybe later.

https://soundcloud.com/medniex/osc-123-rev03

DAW: Ableton Live

15 x instances of Qyooo

built-in FX: Glue compression with sidechain, utility, EQ Eight, slightly adjusted saturator on kick, reverb, simple delay, dynamic II (MIDI), auto pan, limiter.

TheNeverScene entries reminds me of contra and a little bit streets of rage :D cool stuff!
Last edited by Medniex on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

The Mötley Qyööö track is just me being goofy. It's Motley Crue's song Live Wire :) I have been playing some original NES games with my kids, so the soundtracks may be rubbing off on me. My son is amazed that if you die 3 times, you have to start all over! lol It's a great reminder of how hard those cheesy games were.

@medniex for a clap, you can try running noise through parallel bandpasses with some resonance around 2-3K or until they sound right, pan them out and use the attack/delay to make them feel tight or loose. The chorus at high settings is also pretty good at making it sound like more than one set of hands.

OK. I think I am ready to post my track (although it's likely to be modified wrt comments received)! First a BIG thanks to Taron :hug: for showing me the way to get a decent acoustic piano sound from this synth! I hope he approves of the modified sound! :tu: The track feels much better with this sound versus the Fender Rhodes sound I was using previously. :tu: Also hope you can enjoy/appreciate the Django styled guitar in the Hot Club sections.

Anyway, here we go, a short little ditty mixing two genres from the same era - Charleston and Hot Club of France.

Please enjoy, smile and tap your little tootsies! :party:

Track Name: Charleston Meet Hot Club

DAW: Reaper

Track details:

17 * Qyooo
17 * ReaEQ
2 * Bass Professor Mark II
3 * Limiter No. 6
13 * JS MIDI Note Filter
6 * Oril River
1 * Pecheneg Tremolo
1 * LFX-1310