One Synth Challenge #123: The Qyooo By Full Bucket Music (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The qyooo

well done! chapeau!

Nice! Sort of like the artist Taco (remember him from the 80’s?).
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Thanks … I do remember Taco! Being one of the "oldies" here - pushing 70! Glad you liked it - the idea was to make people smile (and also do something not often done, if at all, for an OSC).

dB

doctor: I'm 56, I understand you :-). It's lovely to hear really music, not only bum bum. For me a great thing.

Here is my submission. Very cool synth, but tough to wrangle at times....guess that's why they call it a challenge :D Cheers!
https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ne-osc-123

Reaper
45 instances of Qyooo, all from init
MidiPolysher, ReaEq, ReaComp, ReaXcomp, PTEq-X, Leveling Tool, CamelCrusher, DD Reverb, NastyDLA, TubeSaturatorVintage, FerricTDS, Dragonfly Reverb, GClip, Unlimited
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Here is my submission, a spacey/dreamy/ambientwave style track (have not used any percussive elements). Cheers :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/alpha-centauri

I have used 7 instances of Qyooo to produce this track in FL Studio.

FX used for this track includes,

Engineer's Filter x1
Ambience x2
Dragonfly Reverb x2
CloudSeed x1
Fruity Delay 3 x3
Baxter EQ x1
FerricTDS x1
ThrillseekerVBL x1
LoudMax x1

Metering done via SPAN and Youlean Loudness Meter (both are free version)

TheNeverScene wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:16 am @medniex for a clap, you can try running noise through parallel bandpasses with some resonance around 2-3K or until they sound right, pan them out and use the attack/delay to make them feel tight or loose. The chorus at high settings is also pretty good at making it sound like more than one set of hands.
Thanks! I definitely was tweaking all of those elements but that filter routing is still confusing for me I hope this will help.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Medniex wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:16 am
Thanks! I definitely was tweaking all of those elements but that filter routing is still confusing for me I hope this will help.
No prob, I meant to say attack/decay, not attack/delay.....but delay might work too
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Alrighty then, I'll post this now, but I may revisit it again before voting... not a whole lot of time right now:
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/taron-qyooovadis
"Qyooo Vadis - or The Portals of Dr.Qyooo"

Instances: 23
DAW: MuLab ( www.mutools.com )
FX:EQs, Level Compressor, Cross Delay, Mid-Side Processor, Vintage Echo 2
3rd Party: Abstract Chamber, LoudMax, OTT, Dimension Expander, Auburn Studio's Panagment

Qyooo is pretty awesome. It has the power to amaze when one least expects it and it generally doesn't let you down in any direction. It's brutal limitations on the basics, but generous awesomeness on its specialties invite inspiring ways of doing things differently as you desperately try to get the sound you're so comfortable to make, hahaha. But, yeah, I've enjoyed my time with it a lot and liked what it made me do! :hyper: :)

doctorbob wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm OK. I think I am ready to post my track (although it's likely to be modified wrt comments received)! First a BIG thanks to Taron :hug: for showing me the way to get a decent acoustic piano sound from this synth! I hope he approves of the modified sound! :tu: The track feels much better with this sound versus the Fender Rhodes sound I was using previously. :tu: Also hope you can enjoy/appreciate the Django styled guitar in the Hot Club sections.
Woooooottttttttaaaaaaaa! :o :x :ud: ... absolutely awesome, man, absolutely phenomenal! It sounds like a terrible recording of a fantastic band with real instruments, hahaha. And this IS meant to be a real compliment, too! Fantastic! :hyper:
Besides, that violin is CAARRRAAAAZY, too, just fun! Really a great sound. I don't know how you've done most of this. To think that I may have contributed to this in any smallest part fills me with pride!

Brilliant Job! :hug: ...and thanks for the "shout out", hehe, super sweet! 8)

Thank you Mr.T! So glad you liked the track - the piano worked out well with some tweaks! I did pay a lot of attention to the sound and how it was played! Similarly the violin, both in design and playing!

I like your track too! The mid/side processing in the middle part is crazy good and effective, love it. And the formant stuff on the outro, nothing short of brilliant.

Gonna have stiff competition again this round, I feel it coming - oodles of fab tracks!

dB

Oh yeah, NeverScene's track broke me, too, with a lot of outstanding sound design, composition and mix. The "sound" he's getting...sheefffpppsssinsano awesome. Really, I feel inadequate, when I hear that stuff. But, again, your piano is a solid leap up from my foundation, haha! I was sort of letting it suggest its existence somewhere in the mix, just hoping one might understand what it is. But you, pffff.... pretty unbelievable. I just can't wait for Full Bucket to say something! :hyper: ....I'd be pretty blown away.
OOuuh, oh, and THANKS, Dr.B! ;)

taron: very good staff - psychocrazytechnoindustrial, but very good. chapeau!

edit: nvm, think I mentioned this before

Thanks, basa! :) ...mildly puzzled by the "technoindustrial" part, but I never know what to call what I'm doing, hehe! :shrug: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”