SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I decided to buy the SE version. €42, with jp. I don't see anything in the manual about importing legacy instruments.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

you don't need to, SampleTank 4 natively supports ST3 sounds (including imported ST2 sounds).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks. I hope it is possible with the SE version.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks - I really don't want to deal with two installed versions of Sampletank, so I guess I'll stick with v. 3 for now.

Bombadil wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:54 pm Thanks. I hope it is possible with the SE version.
IK Multimedia wrote:SampleTank 4 Specs:
  • Compatible with all previous “Powered by SampleTank” sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
  • Import feature allows users to import .wav and .aiff samples
IK Multimedia wrote:SampleTank 4 SE: Unlock the full power of SampleTank 4, plus 2,000 specially chosen instruments. That’s over 30 GB of sounds including 25 GB of all-new sounds.
It sounds like the various SampleTank 4 versions have the exact same fully-functional plug-in -- only the amount of bundled content is different between versions. So I believe that all versions of SampleTank 4 may import instrument presets from previous versions of SampleTank (at least from SampleTank 3 anyway).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I downloaded everything last night, so I'll see if I'm brave enough to set it up today.

Can you tell me if S3 will still work side by side with S4?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

To use ST3 sounds in ST4, you just need to add the library’s location in the settings. They play back using a version of the ST3 engine that’s embedded in ST4, which means you don’t have the same filters, LFO and modulation features as the core ST4 sounds.

Thanks. The installation was straightforward and problem free. Navigation seems to be a bit of a hassle., but I suppose I'll get the hang of it.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:01 am Thanks. The installation was straightforward and problem free. Navigation seems to be a bit of a hassle., but I suppose I'll get the hang of it.
Yeah, it is a bit "why are all these organs showing up? Oh right, need to shut that filter off". Someone somewhere thought it was a good idea because it's been that way since Syntronik.

Somewhere, during the 'Great Unpleasantness' of S4's rollout, I registered the fact that all of the controls like the arpeggiator functioned only with the new instruments. I forgot that, until I loaded it up today. Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown, and IKM is Lucy holding the football.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

arp works with ST3 sounds as well. strummer doesn't.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I seem to be having trouble getting to the arpeggiator and strummer with the new instruments. Also, is there any way to narrow the presets to particular instruments, such as Sampletron, Sample Moog, Miro 1, etc? All I see is a huge list of stuff that doesn't really tell me where it comes from until I load it. I'll go rtfm some more. Also, Syntronik doesn't seem to have access to the arpeggiator in S4?
-Martin Luther King Jr.

wrt "list of stuff", on the left hand side there are icons that you can use to filter stuff. additionally, there's a folder icon in the top left corner that will enable "library view" (as in, old school hierarchical view) of your sounds.

thanks. I found the arpeggiator. Grey on Black is not great for my old eyes. :roll:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It doesn't seem I have access to S4CE's library? When It is selected, this is all there is: :shrug:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Instruments”