TDR Limiter 6 GE on Sale at PB

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:34 pm We will be putting a TDR product on sale for our 21st Anniversary Sale next week. Which TDR would you like us to do?
Nova GE
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I dont think it will be addressed, but I always wished it had 4 bands
I love SlickEQ, the number one reason it's not my #1 go to eq for mixing is that it doesn't have four bands.
Last edited by Patapoo on Mon May 27, 2019 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oops Double Post

morelia wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:20 am
Uncle E wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:34 pm We will be putting a TDR product on sale for our 21st Anniversary Sale next week. Which TDR would you like us to do?
Nova GE
Where did you find that quote from Uncle E ? I looked in this thread but maybe I missed it..... :?

Anyway I'll vote +1 again for Nova GE.....
Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm I'd jump on a similar sale for TDR Nova GE in a heartbeat.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am
Nova GE
Where did you find that quote from Uncle E ? I looked in this thread but maybe I missed it..... :?

Teksonik wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm I'd jump on a similar sale for TDR Nova GE in a heartbeat.
It came from this thread.
viewtopic.php?p=7410884#post_content7410884
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon May 27, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Teksonik wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:16 am
Nova GE

If you click on the arrows, it always sends you to the actual message which is being quoted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niowiad wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:32 am If you click on the arrows, it always sends you to the actual message which is being quoted.
Well I'll be damned I've been here a hundred years and I never knew that. Learn something new everyday I guess..... :lol:

Anyway my point was that he may not see our votes in this thread so I'll go over there and post a +1 for Nova GE.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jochicago wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 pm I wish we'd settle on something more reasonable. Because 60-80% discount sends a signal not to pay full price or even 20% discount when a large discount is around the corner at some point. Like with Waves, anybody paying the $200 sticker price on their new plugins is just being a fool, I don't care how much you can afford it, it's the principle of it since Waves is basically on perma-discounts on multiple outlets. (Not trying to turn this into a Waves hate thread, just pointing out as an example one of the bigger publishers creating this situation).
Your raise good questions, and in a perfect world, it would be hard to argue against them.

We generally prefer direct sales and stable prices, for obvious reasons. These also make the majority of our sales. But not all potential customers are as well informed as the KVR/GS crowd.

In order to reach these audiences, an extra PR "push" is needed, otherwise, they usually won't find or trust you. We happily outsource this to third party shops, which all make a far greater PR job then we ever wanted to do in this area. Their main lever is reduced price and have massive communities at their fingertips.
Instead of selling say, 20-30 licenses per day, they sell 2-3 per minute, reaching far more people than we ever could. It's a win win .
- We don't want eternal-promotions, and really don't intent to. These are occasional special events, Black Friday/Summer promo and a few others.

btw, our official product prices grow over time, as feature appear. Nova GE for example saw a 50% jump over time. Starting at €40, then €50, now €60. But it wouldn't be wise (for us as a company) to ignore the rather favorable customer acquisition delivered by popular shops, so we do special promos to "pay" for the service.

:wink:
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

I personally don't fault you at all for trying a discount at PB. To be clear, I honestly think it is needed in this market to run promos.

My comment about "we should settle on a reasonable discount" was not on you as a smaller publisher but to the industry as a whole. I wish it was standard across all brands to price fairly then give a 25-30% discount on promos, not a 60%+ discount. At 30% you are giving your audience a treat. At 60% you are destabilizing the audience's opinion on pricing. Several years later and now Waves has trained us to think their plugins are only worth $29 regardless of the sticker price.

Again, to be clear, not arguing against specifically the current deal at PB for TDR plugins. Only you can decide if the promo is working for you. BTW I will buy Nova and Kotelnikov if they crop up at PB, they've been on my list for a while and I'm not going to pass on a discount as my opportunity to upgrade to the GE and to show appreciation for making the free ones available.

But my personal opinion as it relates to small publishers running promos, I like what TB did naturally raising the price a bit in recent months and then running a 25% discount. The discount triggers a purchase and a promo opportunity, the price is warranted because those bundles were way too cheap. I am one that paid the recent price increase for the v3 daw tools (a purchase that was long in the making) and have no problem with having missed the 25% discount because the products are worth it and more.

In the future, it would be nice to see more of this stuff appear with reasonable discounts on promo websites.
For instance, I would like to see MJUC show up at PB at 25-30% discount. And I mean that as a consumer that would prefer some stability. Sure I benefit from mega discounts, but I also want a healthy ecosystem with reliable plugins that will see bug and maintenance fixes, from companies that can be successful enough to be around longer. Going back to the Waves example, I wish they would release stuff like the Scheps Omni or the CLA strip at $50-60, then do occasional discounts to $40. It would stop devaluing the industry, it would give everyone stability, and that's how much they are selling the bulk of them for anyway.

I thought the free plugins were made mostly to advertise the paid ones, and now you're making sales, damn dude, you're breaking minds there!

My primary concern is active stable software and support. Secondary is the value of my license. This, for me, makes it easier to justify purchasing a pluging because I essentially pay a small fee to use it if I decide to can sell it. I want that transerability and value to be sustained. If you do you boo, and those things are not affected, I wish you the best with your business decisions. :phones:

I bought sonar platinum lifetime update and then it became free. :)!
Guys, things happen.

I bought FXpansion Tremor and then they annonced that it‘s abandoned...
Things happen.

jochicago wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 pmI wish we'd settle on something more reasonable. Because 60-80% discount sends a signal not to pay full price or even 20% discount when a large discount is around the corner at some point. Like with Waves, anybody paying the $200 sticker price on their new plugins is just being a fool, I don't care how much you can afford it, it's the principle of it since Waves is basically on perma-discounts on multiple outlets. (Not trying to turn this into a Waves hate thread, just pointing out as an example one of the bigger publishers creating this situation).
Yeah that's exactly how it is with me. I bought SlickEQ GE for the full price right before it went on sale for something like 50% off. So now I've learned my lesson and I'm waiting for a sale before I get Nova GE since I don't want to get burned again. It's not about the "value" of my license (software is not an investment), but why should I pay €60 for something that might be €25 next week?

It's the same with Waves obviously - I want the Aphex Exciter, but I'll just wait until it's $29. Even though it's "On Sale" for $69 right now ($299 regular), I know it will go down to $29 several times per year. Sales are great but they do devalue the products. If you frequently see the product for 50, 60, 70% off the regular price, that price becomes the regular price.

When I made my comment earlier in the thread that started the "discount" conversation one thing I forgot to mention is I find it even more troubling when it's done by companies that I'm really, really a big fan of such as TDR.

I'm like NOOOO!

I want the community to support them at their normal price because of their great sound, look, workflow, and company policies.

But after reading Fabien's post I see know that that's probably not realistic.

That said how about there be some kind of consistency in "How low can it go" It's hard to watch something go on sale at 30% Off and then a month later 50% Off, then 60%.

Brainworx, Soundtoys, Waves, Izotope they all do this. Every plugin I've ever bought from them during some big sale like Black Friday would be even cheaper during another sale a month or two later. This makes me CRAZY! :)

Return to “Effects”