Request: Self moderate for posted topics

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Turn KVR into a dictatorship. Silence the rebels.

:x
Signatures are so early 2000s.

I vote no unless you pay every KVR user $29 a year :tu:

Kongru wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 pm Turn KVR into a dictatorship. Silence the rebels.

:x
you rebel scum!

:oops: sorry, thought after the ewok pic wed gone star wars.

A thread starter, a.k.a. "O.P.", has the power to lock his own thread.
That ought to suffice.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:02 pm A thread starter, a.k.a. "O.P.", has the power to lock his own thread.
That ought to suffice.
shhhhhh....

vurt wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:47 am
chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:39 am
discoDSP wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am
chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:17 am
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:08 am worst suggestion ever.
Why? I'd love to censor and ban people in the threads i've created. :(
This. It will bring troll free threads amongst other good things. Deleting annoying stuff is very satisfying by the way.
I was kidding. It is insane to give the users such powers in their hands. It will open up a whole new world for trolls. Only moderators and admins should be allowed such powers. I think it's already a mistake to give users the ability to close their own threads, because it leaves so much space for abuse.
damn :(

i was hoping users could get banning powers, ive had my eye on that elbo for a while, he needs a week off, and then theres that little german dude "chuck71" or something...
I'd autoban myself in no time :evil:

plexuss wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:57 pm I vote no unless you pay every KVR user $29 a year :tu:
Actually, it could be a subscription feature for the site. At around, say, $29 a year perhaps.

Niowiad wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:28 pm

I'd autobahn myself in no time :evil:
No need to go that far. :o

donkey tugger wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Niowiad wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:28 pm

I'd autobahn myself in no time :evil:
No need to go that far. :o
its fahn fahn fahn though.

Self moderate...

is that like self_modulate?

I consider the OP's post as an expression of his feelings (over people's reactions to his subscription thing) rather then as a result of thinking.

<Such a feature for users would be useless. Moreover - it'll make matters worse.

For every thread you create your antagonists can open a, self moderated, contra thread where they can shit as much as the like.

Since KVR is KVR those threads could eventually become more visited then other.

For the specific case of the OP it's, currently. likely that a "free speech about DiscoDSP" self moderated by anyone but George could draw more attention then George's own thread.

Unless, of course, if the OP also want the ability to decide who can open and moderate a thread.

Return to “Site Stuff”