New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

I absolutely love this synth, its workflow jives perfectly with how I think its so damn easy to create what I want.

Major gripe - I emailed Clifford from Initial Audio, and he says we cannot remove their installed stuff off of the default C drive. Hate that shit, a huge pet peeve that frankly should never happen this day and age. I suppose for $15 its not worth complaining, however I was considering buying their expansions to support them further, which I won't be doing now - I don't clutter my cloned OS drive with random install junk.

Minor gripe - I tried adding wavetables as per their instructions and couldn't get it to work the very day I got it. Maybe I was doing something wrong though, and I didn't spend much time on it as I wanted to play with sculpting. If someone else has been sucessful importing their own wavetables, please let us know.
Have you tried Vital?

I am really liking this synth as well. I was able to move their installed stuff off the C drive by setting up a directory junction. Here is how I did it:

1. Move %appdata%\IgniteVST to the new drive, for example D:
2. from the cmd line type:

cd %appdata%
mklink /j IgniteVST d:\IgniteVST

That is it. Sektor still thinks the stuff is on C: but it is really on D:

As far as the wavetable stuff is concerned, I know it is possible because theorize converted a pack of Massive wavetables to Sektor. more info here viewtopic.php?t=507898

courtjestr wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:49 pm I am really liking this synth as well. I was able to move their installed stuff off the C drive by setting up a directory junction. Here is how I did it:

1. Move %appdata%\IgniteVST to the new drive, for example D:
2. from the cmd line type:

cd %appdata%
mklink /j IgniteVST d:\IgniteVST

That is it. Sektor still thinks the stuff is on C: but it is really on D:

As far as the wavetable stuff is concerned, I know it is possible because theorize converted a pack of Massive wavetables to Sektor. more info here viewtopic.php?t=507898
Appreciate you mentioning it I hadn't done it yet -- I used to have a shell extension that did the same thing and its a work around at least. I'm trying my best to avoid doing things like that on this system though, going as 'vanilla' as humanly possible.
Have you tried Vital?

Has anybody got this to work at all in mono ?
It just goes silent here.
Duh

Actually even easier you can drag and drop IR samples directly into the Reverb preset menu on the GUI which is great plus it will save it in there.
courtjestr wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 am Try dropping them in the %appdata%\IgniteVST\Sektor\Expansions\Factory\Impulse Responses folder. That is where the current IRs are located.

Good to know!

Definitely don't need another (wt) synth but, I still bought Sektor. Seems promising :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:31 pm Definitely don't need another (wt) synth but, I still bought Sektor. Seems promising :tu:
Haha, I could say this about most of the synths I buy nowadays. Really don't need them, but it's sometimes (most often) hard to resist a good deal :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

No-Brainer for the price, love it, it's not as deep as some others I own like Serum but at the Plugin Boutique special price it's great. However a few basic changes to do with file handling such as the ability to point to your own wavetable directories, nominate installation directories etc. would turn this into a much more useful synth.

devilnishy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:08 pm No-Brainer for the price, love it, it's not as deep as some others I own like Serum but at the recent special price it's great. However a few basic changes to do with file handling such as the ability to point to your own wavetable directories, nominate installation directories etc. would turn this into a much more useful synth.

devilnishy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:08 pm No-Brainer for the price, love it, it's not as deep as some others I own like Serum but at the Plugin Boutique special price it's great. However a few basic changes to do with file handling such as the ability to point to your own wavetable directories, nominate installation directories etc. would turn this into a much more useful synth.
Plugin Boutique special price? $139? I think you mean AudioPlugin.Deals.

Oh my. Just upgraded Komplete and Live and Hive but couldn’t resist.

:help:
바보

Okay I'm very happy with the purchase. Only issue I've encountered is that when making fast psybass, I have to keep the synth poly mode instead of mono. The envelope doesn't retrigger(?) fast enough so it cuts away the snap.

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synth Week at vstbuzz, 90% off “Sektor” by Initial Audio.
I mist Sektor a few weeks ago, I just added It to my growing synth collection, €15 after tax from a UK point of view.
Just thought I’d post this.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-sektor ... ial-audio/

Return to “Instruments”