SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

@ Bombadil,
Exactly what paths did you put in ST4's Settings for the ST4 and ST3 libraries?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hi,

I didn't set any paths. I assumed the installer did that, otherwise why would the S3 instruments be there? As soon as I loaded the program, it immediately scanned the instruments, so I assumed it had scanned the new content.

I installed everything according to instructions in the order of download.

EDIT: just looked in my 'documents' folder, and the S4 is empty. I installed them! :roll:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

uninstalled S4, reinstalling now, noticed, this time, the pathway wasn't what it should've been, so changed it. We shall see what we shall see. IK instruments are the only ones I've ever had this issue with.

EDIT: ok, I should've paid more attention to the sound installer. Directed it to the correct place, and now everything works. I don't need a lot of the content, but, with the exception of being able to filter for specific instruments like Sampletron, Samplemoog, etc, I prefer the interface to S3.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Burillo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:43 pm arp works with ST3 sounds as well. strummer doesn't.
The players work with any SampleTank instruments you have loaded in ST4, including ST3 sounds. If you have trouble in this area, the team would be happy to assist you.

Peter,

What can I safely delete of Sampletank 3 on my computer?

Thanks.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Does ST4 not function with Hi-DPI setting in Cubase? The screen is totally broken in this mode, yet with Hi-DPI disabled, it does come back. I use Hi-DPI mode though in Cubase...

VitaminD wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:33 pm Does ST4 not function with Hi-DPI setting in Cubase? The screen is totally broken in this mode, yet with Hi-DPI disabled, it does come back. I use Hi-DPI mode though in Cubase...
No response here still.

And I put in a ticket on Monday morning, as of now 6:11 PM Tuesday evening still no response from IKM support. Ticket 1176071

If you guys cannot/will not resolve the issue, can I at least get a refund?

day 3, still no response here.

and still no response on the ticket.

:(

VitaminD wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm day 3, still no response here.

Support will typically respond withing 1-2 business days. I'll relay your ticket number, too. Thank you for your patience.

Bombadil wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:39 am Peter,

What can I safely delete of Sampletank 3 on my computer?

Thanks.
SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 are separate installations as far as the application and plugin. I would leave SampleTank 3 for compatibility with older projects unless you plan to transition them and if so only after you've transitioned and tested. If I'm reading correctly you have SampleTank 4 SE from the promotion so you'd want to point it to your existing SampleTank 3 sound library location. The sounds lists are available at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds and the SampleTank 4 SE link there will show the list of sounds including which are included from SampleTank 3. Unless there's an extremely dire need, I wouldn't recommend surgically removing just these sounds from your existing SampleTank 3 sound library location, and if you did want to do that I'd consult IK tech support first (and they'd likely not recommend it at all either).

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Thanks, Peter. I think S4 interface is a big improvement. It would be nice to see the Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1, Sonic Synth folders separately.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:42 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm day 3, still no response here.

Support will typically respond withing 1-2 business days. I'll relay your ticket number, too. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you. When submitting tickets it says usually within 24 hours not 24 to 48 hours. Perhaps that message should be updated to give a more accurate window?

Either way I look forward to support getting to my ticket...

Bombadil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm It would be nice to see the Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1, Sonic Synth folders separately.
this :tu:

78 hours in and still no response from IKM support via email.

Update: ~80 hours in they finally got back to me to say they'll look into it.

DrumAddict wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:46 am
Bombadil wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm It would be nice to see the Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1, Sonic Synth folders separately.
this :tu:
+1

Return to “Instruments”