Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Colin,

Looking forward to a list of Architect's features, capabilities, presets and patches, etc that will make me want to jump for joy and instantly purchase it before the 25% intro price ends. When might we get to this point?

I am not one to write any scripts but do like to play around with presets and love to use randomizers. So yes I have followed the Architect threads and have found them very interesting but still would like to see the complete list of capabilities.

Perhaps start a new thread:
Architect- Features, Capabilities, Presets and Patches

The goal of the 0.11 betas is to flesh out the library with examples and provide extensive documentation and tutorials. I'll start work on this branch probably a few days after the 0.10 beta starts. I can't give exact dates for when I expect this to land because other bug fixes and support could easily derail any predicted dates, but rest assure that it'll be before 1.0 and so before the beta pricing ends.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

At last, bought. One day of chainsaw-ing. :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

When will this be out of beta and released?

I couldn't give an exact date, but I'd say the tail-end of the Summer. If you're worried about missing the intro pricing discount: don't panic. I will announce well in advance when the beta will end.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Wait for the release of Architect or get RC?
Will Architect have some of the functionality of RC?
musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 am We are having a Summer Sale only for one week!
You can order RapidComposer for USD 149 or RapidComposer LE for USD 59 (+VAT where applicable) until June 10.
Click for demo version, video tutorials and more info: http://www.musicdevelopments.com

I'm not familiar enough with RapidComposer to say. Is there any particular RapidComposer features you think Architect should have?

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:59 pm I'm not familiar enough with RapidComposer to say. Is there any particular RapidComposer features you think Architect should have?
Here are the main features of Rapid Composer.
http://www.musicdevelopments.com/features.html
What I would like to see is a list of features, presets and modules of Architect.
I realize you are still busy with the beta testing but would like to see what Architect is capable of doing. Would like to buy it before the intro price is terminated.

Currently holding off buying any midi related software until I see that feature list. When might this happen? I want to experiment with midi fx, arps, generation, chord progression etc.

Noted, thanks. As I've said a few times, the intro price will still be in play for a while yet, during which you'll have a chance to see the full v1 feature list and examples.

Having trouble connecting modules in Cubase 10 Windows 10 in the demo. Click on the outlet and only stretching seems possible. What am I missing? Work with Max MSP and Reaktor.

Honestly, I don't know! Assuming it's a bug, I've not seen this one before. Usually, you just click an inlet or outlet and drag to create a cable.

Just to clarify:
* Start with a new empty preset.
* Create a data module by typing (without quotes) "data" when the graph is focused and pressing return.
* Left-click and drag the outlet on the bottom-left of the data module. And you say no cable appears?

Does the same happen if you try to create a cable by dragging from the data inlet on the top-left of the module?

Does the same problem occur if running the standalone Architect app, instead of as a plug-in in Cubase?

EDIT: Clarified a few things.

All sorted, thanks

There is no manual? There is Quick start pdf - very limited info (EDIT: I tough it is limited - is fine) and Manual in installation folder looks like is only about licences…

Few mins latter edit: Haa, I see there is info about each module etc in device per se. Sorry for post - I am just used to first check manual when using soft firs time (specially this one is not that much intuitive).

Anyway - manual would come handy - this why I like U-he so much, they also explain background of the process ...
Last edited by Obsolete413194 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

George Sigsally wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm Anyway - manual would come handy - this why I like U-he so much, they also explain background of the process ...
I agree - a full reference/tutorial manual is being worked on.

colin@loomer wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 pm
George Sigsally wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:06 pm Anyway - manual would come handy - this why I like U-he so much, they also explain background of the process ...
I agree - a full reference/tutorial manual is being worked on.
Awesome.
Can I ask (as for sure new customer next week): I see no presets - is it limitation of evaluation version or something got noised out?
Edited: I see that banks should (logically) be in evaluation version .. trying to sort it out...
Last edited by Obsolete413194 on Fri May 22, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Loomer”