Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:15 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm Why would they even care what you have to say if you'll only get their plugin if it's basically free?
You aren't thinking. I am not going to give you the answer. Use your brain first. :dog:
Just saying, if that's all you're willing to pay you're clearly not the target market. You're less of a customer and more of a potential freeloader. :phones:
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:22 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:52 pm Why would they even care what you have to say if you'll only get their plugin if it's basically free?
You aren't thinking. I am not going to give you the answer. Use your brain first. :dog:
Just saying, if that's all you're willing to pay you're clearly not the target market. You're less of a customer and more of a potential freeloader. :phones:
That's all I am willing to pay for Triad. Are you that stupid. I am talking about Triad. This is a Triad thread. Anyway, apologies to the rest of the users for wasting your time with this. I was expecting to provide feedback to UA since they appear to be reading this, and possibly some perspective to other users. I didn't expect to get into a flame war with an idiot. Feedback posted. Done.

plexuss wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 am
Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:22 am
That's all I am willing to pay for Triad. Are you that stupid. I am talking about Triad. This is a Triad thread. Anyway, apologies to the rest of the users for wasting your time with this. I was expecting to provide feedback to UA since they appear to be reading this, and possibly some perspective to other users. I didn't expect to get into a flame war with an idiot. Feedback posted. Done.
So you come along and say "here are all the things you need to do differently for me to be interested in your plugin. Also I'm planning to get it for pocket change or free, because screw you" and expect to be taken seriously?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Pricing and usability are two things that drive markets. Because one plugin is similar doesn't mean it should be free, should all companies with more than one EQ or comp make,the others free? People should keep those comments out of release threads. Buy it or go play

Interesting update/upgrade.
This can get into Eventide territory nicely....

Sunder!!! That’s the RE i was thinking of. With the gate based tri band splitting. UA: you gonna put that in here in the future?

jobinho wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:30 pm
thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm BYOME will continue to be maintained and improved. I am posting a new public beta this week on the BYOME thread that adds in Wide Mode, HiDPI Support, and other fixes. It is in no way a discontinued or obsolete product.
Good to hear, but the marketing and branding of Triad didn't make this so clear and has understandibly annoyed or confused many customers.
I'm glad to hear that BYOME will still be supported moving forward. I'm with jobinho here in that the presentation of this so close to the release of BYOME seemed more like a feature upgrade to BYOME vs. a new product.

Still, your explanation is satisfactory and I hope to see more distinction grow between the two plugins, as you said, the workflow is certainly different.

thelizard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 pm...faster to use, less CPU intensive, and generally more than enough for the job.
If I'm not using the splitting and effects are only on a single lane, is the CPU consumption higher still? I sold my Byome license (EUR35 is all I could get...) and perhaps I wouldn't if that's the case :(

Also, very nice touch with exposing both the Main Out signal as well as the 3 Chain Outs! This is very useful for further processing / mixing :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

At least Izotope's and Wave's strategy is much worse and people are still buying their stuff :)

I didn't want to buy any new plugins this year, but this offer was too good to resist and I bought Triad yesterday. It was my first Plugin Alliance buy and for 50$ + VAT it was a steal for a plugin that is so powerful. Sorry for the Byome users, but for me as a new user it's very very nice.
Thank you Unfiltered Audio. Incredible stuff, work of genius! It's possible to do some quick work with Triad, because the workflow is easy and intutitive. On the other side you can experiment for hours. I played a lot with VCV Rack but without proper VST integration you can't do any real music, but only play and experiment. Triad is VST, modular and has high quality effects and unlimited modulation sources. Three Byome instances that can work parallel or differently on frequency bands or on side and middle - you can do almost everything with it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:48 pm So there was a screw up where some people got TRIAD for $49. I'm not sure how this negatively impacts any actual BYOME users. You continue to get offered TRIAD for $49. You'll still have to make the same choice about whether or not the additional features are worth it for you to upgrade. Why be bothered by what someone else got it for? If you think TRIAD is worth the $49 upgrade as a BYOME user, buy it. Don't decide that you want it, but won't be upgrading because someone else, in error, got the same deal you did. That doesn't impact you. It only impacts the person who got the deal. If you want it and don't upgrade for that reason, then that's just cutting off your nose to spite your face.

/mom lecture mode off
Amen times ten.

A lot of people talk about FOMO nowadays (Fear Of Missing Out, for those who do not know).

But it seems the thing that is really keeping people up at night is FOOPNMO
(Fear Of Other People Not Missing Out).

Local Man wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm But it seems the thing that is really keeping people up at night is FOOPNMO
(Fear Of Other People Not Missing Out).
Took me a bit to wrap my head around that one. Came a bit too early in the morning. :lol:

While I do agree to some (large) extent, it is worth noting that for a lot of people here $49 is still a lot of money. So I think it is a reasonable emotion to feel upset when there is a perceived lack of fairness in the pricing model.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

double post
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I put in a support ticket to plugin alliance yesterday and I got a reply today confirming that the price will STAY at $49 for BYOME owners, not time limited and that you will be able to use monthly vouchers on it next month.

More pricing drama from Plugin Alliance. Shocking.

I bet this is exactly what happened with my issues for the Lindell Audio plug. Instead of coming clean about confusion and price changes PA just decided to lie through their teeth about it.
A bunch of scumbags.

Shame on UA for using this distribution model.

Return to “Effects”