Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The sense of entitlement nowadays is unreal. I'd hate to be a developer in today's climate.

graspee wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm I put in a support ticket to plugin alliance yesterday and I got a reply today confirming that the price will STAY at $49 for BYOME owners, not time limited and that you will be able to use monthly vouchers on it next month.
Ok, this is getting hilarious. I thought they were clear we won't be able to do this?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm The sense of entitlement nowadays is unreal. I'd hate to be a developer in today's climate.
Or perhaps just make a clear and fair pricing strategy, that doesn't change every day?

I've not seen many complaints about e.g. Valhalla DSP - it's $50 a pop, no discounts ever. And people love that!

Or Waves - eventually everything is $29 :D
Music tech enthusiast

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:42 pm The sense of entitlement nowadays is unreal. I'd hate to be a developer in today's climate.
Companies like PA, Waves, Air Music Tech etc. etc. create a totally broken Product/Value relationship with their sales, vouchers and whatnot, endlessly tickling the "cheap, cheap, cheap, only today, buy now, never again (until next friday)..." antics .
As a user, at one point you of course no longer care what something may be "worth" in some theoretical manner, since that worth is losing any meaning in this context, especially with virtual goods. There simply is no difference between a Kontakt at full price or 50% off (Other than in some psychological or spiritual way maybe).

And since it is mostly not about what somebody actually needs, but about feeding the GAS, it's basically one big carnival where the actually plugin is only a small part of a large entertainment scheme where the winner is not who creates the most wonderful music by actually using the tools but who got more stuff cheapest - at least in a context like KVR.

I definitely wouldn't want to be a plugin developer in this kind of surroundings that you can't really escape either in the long run it seems - see Dmitry Sches going PA, u-he doing sales now too...

Strange and interesting times indeed...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Need help with this idea:
MB-7 is multiband and can host VST’s
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_MB7Mixer/
How about using Triad as one band as an effect insides MB-7.
Perhaps Triad has some effects that are special and not part of the MB-7 effects modules?

For $50 it may be a bargain just for the Triad fx?

Well can still also use Triad in the Norma way with three bands.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:19 pm And since it is mostly not about what somebody actually needs, but about feeding the GAS, it's basically one big carnival where the actually plugin is only a small part of a large entertainment scheme where the winner is not who creates the most wonderful music by actually using the tools but who got more stuff cheapest - at least in a context like KVR.
This is an excellent summation of the current state of things.

From the perspective of developers, I can't even imagine what kind of calculations and compromises they have to make to stay afloat.

From the perspective of a musician/producer all I can say is that if you can be very honest with yourself about what your needs are, then there are some amazing opportunities out there.

And for me personally, if I can clearly define what my needs and goals are then I can set a price threshold for certain products that ensures that I will have zero regrets after making a purchase. Sure I may feel unlucky if something I buy for $50 is later $10 or even free. But it doesn't change the fact that that thing is still worth $50 to me.
I move on and make music.
I couldn't care less how much someone else is getting it for.

ultimately this has created a world where many of the best developers are making eurorack and guitar pedals, which can’t be pirated and sell for more. the low prices in software, piracy (which i think is more rampant than can be seen) and assholery in online communities is chasing people out.

as a user i feel it is similar. go to the Lines or Muffwiggler forums and you see a might higher standard of discourse and a better community.

it’s sad.

Just bought Triad at the $49 offer price... couldn't be happier. Worked perfectly in bringing a drum part together in track I'm working on. Worth the money for that alone to me. So much whining and bollocks in this thread it's depressing....

detritusdave wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:23 pm Just bought Triad at the $49 offer price... couldn't be happier. Worked perfectly in bringing a drum part together in track I'm working on. Worth the money for that alone to me. So much whining and bollocks in this thread it's depressing....
Noumena wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:17 pm ultimately this has created a world where many of the best developers are making eurorack and guitar pedals, which can’t be pirated and sell for more. the low prices in software, piracy (which i think is more rampant than can be seen) and assholery in online communities is chasing people out.

as a user i feel it is similar. go to the Lines or Muffwiggler forums and you see a might higher standard of discourse and a better community.

it’s sad.
A combined post count of 27 posts. Shills.

antic604 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm I put in a support ticket to plugin alliance yesterday and I got a reply today confirming that the price will STAY at $49 for BYOME owners, not time limited and that you will be able to use monthly vouchers on it next month.
Ok, this is getting hilarious. I thought they were clear we won't be able to do this?
Picture of my email showing query and reply
https://i.imgur.com/PwO5CHJ.png

graspee wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 pm
This person Trevor is really really dishonest. Don't take his word for anything. I have never experienced a support staff lie so effortlessly. Over and over and over.

I would not be surprised if his words don't stick. It's good that you have the screenshot though. I would do that for every advertised product you are interested in too because PA will lie to you and unless you can prove it...

Nothing was clear. The only thing clear was that a couple of people on this thread decided to misinterpret a admittedly poorly written statement by PA. No need to take the pitchforks out. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

SAW75 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm
This person Trevor is really really dishonest. Don't take his word for anything. I have never experienced a support staff lie so effortlessly. Over and over and over.

I would not be surprised if his words don't stick. It's good that you have the screenshot though. I would do that for every advertised product you are interested in too because PA will lie to you and unless you can prove it...
Well I realise that his email doesn't explicitly say that I will be able to use the $25 voucher to reduce the price from $49 to $24, just that I can wait for the voucher to be available if I want,but that is what I asked and it would be highly duplicitous of him to say that if I won't be able to use the voucher, or would represent a very bad command of English making a mistake maybe.

mgw38 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:15 pm Nothing was clear. The only thing clear was that a couple of people on this thread decided to misinterpret a admittedly poorly written statement by PA. No need to take the pitchforks out. ;)
My pitchfork has been out for a while. Plugin Alliance is a dishonest business. There is a pattern here.

I'm pretty sure he means the $49 offer will be available and that you'll get the $25 voucher, but NOT that you'll be able to combine the two. Cheeky bastard that Trevor! :o
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Effects”