Will the sampler of Msoundfactory support Sf2 files?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know some people think that this format is outdated and sfz is the thing, but some Sf2 instruments really have some very good decent quality, even better applying convolution and equing, in addition that is easy to find some free (very good content) Sf2 collections of multiple instruments; percussive, Orchestral, Keys, Synths and so on. For what i know can be used with Directwave, Tal-Sampler?, Kontakt; I saw somewhere that MDrummer already can use it. If Melda is familiarized with this format already would be a nice feature in the sampler module. :)

I don't think so really, it's basically about dev time, and well, you know :). But who knows...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, Hope you consider the possibility in the future. :pray:

I would rather see the ability to import SFZ files. The SFZ spec is pretty ambitious, and nobody supports it all or even close. But a few well chosen attributes (to facilitate multi-sample playback and velocity layers) would be enough. Also, take the time to document what subset of the SFZ spec is supported. So far, the only developer I ever saw properly document SFZ was Camel Audio (Boo!!! Hiss!!!).

It could be both of it Sfz and Sf2. :hug:

JunSev wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 am [snip]
I saw somewhere that MDrummer already can use it. If Melda is familiarized with this format already would be a nice feature in the sampler module. :)
MDrummer problem said to be under investigation.
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=523474

I would be very interested in SFZ import.

padillac wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 pm I would be very interested in SFZ import.
+1 definitely!

David wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 pm
padillac wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 pm I would be very interested in SFZ import.
+1 definitely!
SFZ support is a must have for an advanced sampler those days, +1 from me as well!!!

Any news on this. Chandler did a video on SFZ import, so it is possible. I am looking for synths that support a broad (sub)set of the SFZ spec (multi-samples, round robins, velocity layers). I have been able to get some primary results with Equator, but MSoundFactory would be a much more flexible / modular environment to work in.

SFZ is supported, but only a limited support of course. It imports regions, samples, loops etc., but no complex stuff. Just test it and you'll see.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”