NKS versions for U-He libraries

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that more and more U-He plugins are NKS compliant (Hive 2.0, Diva, Repro), will the sound libraries that U-He sell also be made NKS-ready?

J*

Diva and Repro ones already are, I guess Hive will be too at some point

For any library though there is also NKS export available (although with a couple of limitations)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 pm For any library though there is also NKS export available (although with a couple of limitations)
Could you elaborate? I don’t know of any export option as such.

For Hive 2.0, Diva, Repro there is an export to NKS function in the browser, just rightclick first on the save button to select nksf as the preset format, then select which presets you want to convert, rightclick on the selected presents in the browser and select 'convert to nksf' and it will run a batch process.

Obviously, this works best with newer banks that already have tagged patches as these are converted into NKS tagging. If not I tag them first in the u-he plugin - not too difficult.

The 2 limitations are:

1) Currently, there is no way to tell it where to put the exported patches so they get dumped in the factory nksf folder which isn't ideal. My workaround is to temp rename the factory nksf folder while exporting stuff and make a temp default folder for the patches to be exported too - then when converted move them into a folder of their own under the bankname and un rename the factory folder.

2) u-he have not yet added a method of adding the bankname to the exported patches so again when you import into Komplete they could get mixed up with all the rest. I hope this will be added at some point.

If you don't care about the bank retaining a bankname and being separate from the factory presets neither of these are a problem though, you still end up with all your presets imported into KK and tagged.

Wow, I did not know that. Cool & Thnx for that.

I tried like you said by moving factory NKS aside, and than batch convert to NKS. Works great, and indeed, no bank-name. Hope U-he will allow for that in the future. Further I noticed that the NKS files have no previews, that is also sad, but understandable... (takes a lot of time to generate). There are other ways to create them, like https://presetmagician.com

I noticed that every preset has (potentially) different labels for XY, and that is great! Not possible with tools like Preset Magician.

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah no previews, I guess that's another limitation, but understandable.

Looks like this can generate banknames and previews

https://presetmagician.com/

Thanks, I have a license, it works, bit clumsy and alas only on windows.

Return to “u-he”