MSF noob questions

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have the following questions regarding this mindblowing MSF synth:

1. Can I import MPowerSynth presets? I once made a couple of presets while OSC competition.

2. Is it possible to use a EQ per osc/voice? If so, how?

3. How can I exactly add 100% keyfollow to a bandpass filter? And other amounts like 50% or 150%?

4. How can I shift the keyfollow by 1 octave?

5. Can I somehow drag an OSC from the main matrix to an unison matrix? Or copy paste it, without adding an OSC there manually?

6. How can I control the width of a bandstop/notch filter?

Thanks!

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 pm Hi,

I have the following questions regarding this mindblowing MSF synth:

1. Can I import MPowerSynth presets? I once made a couple of presets while OSC competition.

2. Is it possible to use a EQ per osc/voice? If so, how?

5. Can I somehow drag an OSC from the main matrix to an unison matrix? Or copy paste it, without adding an OSC there manually?

Thanks!
I have the following answers, at least…

1. Yes; that's how most of the existing Global Presets (since the beta became public and buy-able) got here (click the top-most Preset Browser button on the GUI):

…not sure how exactly; hopefully someone else will add info on that. Even better, imo, is that you can open up MPS directly inside MSF, along with all its presets and any you've saved in it, using the MPS module in the FX grid:)

2. There's an EQ option inside the PV effect Phatik:

There's a tiny "Eq" icon in the top right corner. It opens a new panel with one band active when the panel is enabled; right-click on the faded-out numbers to open their settings and enable them.

For per-OSC, of course, you'd run each on its own column into a separate EQ on the FX grid.

5. You can copy/paste (icons circled in the screen shot), or save a Preset in an existing OSC, then open that in another instance of the OSC module inside the Unison grid.

Note that there are at least two panels with Presets and C/P functions in the OSC main panel, as well as the same functions for the Unison module itself, when you get that set up as you like; explore!:)

Welcome to MSF:)

@David: Thanks!

I cannot make the eq in Phatik work. I enabled it and can move a band, but I cannot hear any difference. Also disabling/enabling amp/compressor doesn't help.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:47 am @David: Thanks!

I cannot make the eq in Phatik work. I enabled it and can move a band, but I cannot hear any difference. Also disabling/enabling amp/compressor doesn't help.
Sorry 'bout that, that thing is WAY more complicated than I realized (videos and more info on it here: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MPhatik).

The PV Amp effect has a plain old, works great EQ section:

Ah yeah, well I was looking for a graphical eq which also can be pitched by keytrack, just like in Falcon. Similar to harmonics filter, but without resynthesis, keeping original sound.

I guess then that Phatik still is not completed? Since neither that EQ nor the IRs are selectable and the distortion sounds the same in all modes to me.... ?
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

A keytracking EQ IS apparently a known Melda feature (https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8), but I can't help further with that; if it's in MSF, which I'd be surprised if it were not, it may not be a per-voice option. Or it may be part of a filter FX…?

I'm not aware of any demo limitations; actually, I didn't even know there was a demo. I thought it was a beta, or a purchase. Hopefully someone better informed than me will be along soon:)

Eq per voices with modulation:
Filter with constant keytracking , you can keytrack it if you want with a modulation per voices.( hp,lp, low shelf...peak gain +/-....)

About key follow, you can draw your own keytracking curve.

About unison, copy delete from the main grid and paste it to unison works nicely.
About filter width, try to adjust the resonance or use 2 filters for maximum flexibility ( parallel hp and lp or perhaps a parallel BP with phase inverted....)
Best
YY

Use peak module. It is only one EQ band, so you might need more than 1. It is key tracked by default and modulatable.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:51 am Ah yeah, well I was looking for a graphical eq which also can be pitched by keytrack, just like in Falcon. Similar to harmonics filter, but without resynthesis, keeping original sound.
Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=138&t=495364
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thank you guys, very helpful.

@Darkstar: Is the keyfollow for eq also possible per note, as in Falcon? Your example is referring to a bass sound.

Another question: I now bought it (of course) and installed it on workstation and on notebook. Now it could happen that I create a bunch on presets on the notebook and later want to "join" these new presets to my preset library on the workstation. How can I do that without manually copy/paste the base64 copy-buffer for each single preset in an email or so?

Are there any collections here at KVR for TurboFilter?

Phase invert a BP filter to get a bandstop? How to do that :)

Oops, you need to scroll down to the post dated " Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm "

Once you have created your presets, you can Export them, using the Preset Browser, to a single file, say on your Desktop. Copy that file over and Import it, again through the Preset Browser.
Inspired by ...

Thanks!

So if I import the exported presets, none of the existing will be deleted, so the presets will be joined? What if the preset already exists, will the more recent version be used?

I trying to use the oscshaper in an asym mode, only using below half (thru adv. options). Is there a separate DC filter, or a formula for turbofilter?

Hm, still cannot find a hint about per-voice keyfollowing eq in that last post... The falcon eq can work per-voice, so polyphonic, btw.

You pick an existing virtual folder (or create a new one) in the Preset Browser then you can Add or Replace presets.

I have not tried my idea for per-voice following as I did it before using MSF.
Inspired by ...

I already mentioned the per voice peak module.
That is what you need. It's already key tracked and is per voice.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Well, the peak module has no filter "width", or bandshelf with variable steep just like mdyneq provides. That's what I was aiming for.

Also, please have a look to this, Falcon eq per voice, key following. You can very precisely edit harmonics, timbre and color of a sound with such a nice visual editor:
Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-13 um 15.35.07.PNG
http://tstlab.virtualcreations.de/eqharmonics.m4a

Please also notice the scaling knob, from 0-200% :tu:
So maybe I am requesting a simplified MEQ version for the generator section of MSF, but providing variable steepness and width for bandshelf and hp/lp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MeldaProduction”