Bazille 2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks mevla and Cepheus! I really had a lot of fun tinkering with Bazille and plan on making more lovely sounds with it. Yes, it's not just for electronic farts. Some nice sounds are possible.

@Sound Author, in the walkthrough movie you mention that you don't always want the spring reverb. I agree with that. Some sounds become too coloured with that reverb. A module with the HIve/ recent Zebra reverb would a welcome alternative. How about convolution as module say: https://reverb.com/item/3257791-mungo-e ... rorack-new ?

Eer, Bazille is already somewhat CPU intensive. I think convolution would push it right over the edge. A simple lush reverb would do fine. "NuVerb" as it's called in Zebra...which I believe is inherited from Hive.

In some cases sound designers are adding reverb like MSG on food. It'll sound good. Sometimes it's also for good intent, as an integrated creative part of the sound. The latter is what I found with "Equinox". Otherwise, simply let the user add reverb by other means.

I found that when the included reverb has to be toned down in a patch, it's basically because it does not feel as part of the sound and as such has to be pulled back so that the more essential parts will merge with the musical piece. On the other hand when it's a creative part of the sound then right from the start the patch feels wholesome.

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm
Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm Bazille has been a little neglected.
You're right. That is only because Hive was neglected for a while longer, it somehow was left dangling in the void. So now Hive gets some TLC, and maybe next year (post Z3), we'll give Bazille a bit more than just the new browser and the cookbook. Browser and cookbook are realistic goals for later this year though.
I hope this remains true. This and Zebra 3 are all I'm waiting right now.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cepheus wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:38 am @Sound Author, in the walkthrough movie you mention that you don't always want the spring reverb. I agree with that. Some sounds become too coloured with that reverb. A module with the HIve/ recent Zebra reverb would a welcome alternative. How about convolution as module say: https://reverb.com/item/3257791-mungo-e ... rorack-new ?
Yes, I hate the spring reverb. Convolution doesn't lend itself to real time parameter modulation. Bazille needs something like the guts of Blackhole or Spacemaster with careful attention paid to being able to modulate the parameters smoothly and then, of course, CV control of those parameters.

I'll say it again, Bazille needs proper multi-stage envelopes. I know some people disagree, I disagree with them. I have other requests, but I want this one to stand out.

I don't think Bazille needs MSEGs. That's more of a Zebra thing. The Ramp generators will surprise you if you use them creatively within the Multiplexer. If there's anything Bazille needs, it's more Multiplex inputs/outputs so wee can crank up the nerdiness!

:harp:

Sound Author wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm I don't think Bazille needs MSEGs. That's more of a Zebra thing. The Ramp generators will surprise you if you use them creatively within the Multiplexer. If there's anything Bazille needs, it's more Multiplex inputs/outputs so wee can crank up the nerdiness!

I don't need other people to tell me how surprising the ramps are, as I said:

I know some people disagree, I disagree with them.

I kind of want the new Hive Shape Sequencer and FG's in everything now (Zebra, ACE, Bazile, Diva, Repro). Not to mention the Scope. All things in due time I suppose.

Yea, beforehand I'd still like an envelope that would be triggered by LFO as it is told and not by gate + LFO.
Brzzzzzzt.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:08 pm I kind of want the new Hive Shape Sequencer and FG's in everything now (Zebra, ACE, Bazile, Diva, Repro). Not to mention the Scope.
hah, me too ! I can’t even imagine how banana it’d be in Bazille.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm
Sound Author wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm I don't think Bazille needs MSEGs. That's more of a Zebra thing. The Ramp generators will surprise you if you use them creatively within the Multiplexer. If there's anything Bazille needs, it's more Multiplex inputs/outputs so wee can crank up the nerdiness!

I don't need other people to tell me how surprising the ramps are, as I said:

I know some people disagree, I disagree with them.
And I disagree with you disagreeing with my disagreement with you.

Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 pm that said, i want that tube saturation plugin from bazille as a u-he standalone :o
I want the filters!

Would be kinda cool to have ALL the u-he filters from all their instruments in Runciter...

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 am Would be kinda cool to have ALL the u-he filters from all their instruments in Runciter...
NOW we're talking!

And please allow us to use either the signal or an external sidechain signal for the envelope follower. Or give us an EQ to restrict the signal feeding the envelope follower.

If then the update provides an LFO/MSEG, too, that would immediately kill any temptation to add more filters for me.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “u-he”