Uhbik

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi uhe!

I'm a long time user of the uhbik bundle, they're a great set of plug ins and still use them in pretty much every project.

I was wondering if there were any plans on the horizon to do a version 2 of the package?

They still sound good to my ears so absolutely no complaints at all about their current state, but I think it's fair to say uhe have led the way over the past few years with regards to software emulations, and just wondered if any of those advancements would eventually be applied to uhbik.

E.g adding different filter models to Runciter or anything of the like.

What made me think of it was when demoing Repro, the fx on there sound amazing, then I looked at colour copy and twangstrom etc.

So yeah, curiosity got the better of me and I thought I'd ask the question!

I've become very cautious as to what to say about it. Years ago I hired a developer to take care of them, but then he drifted off into tape emulations (Satin), distortion (Zebra, Hive, Bazille, Repro), compressors (Presswerk, Hive) and spring reverbs (Bazille, Twangström), with an intermezzo on physical modelling which hasn't resulted in a product yet.

However! The developer team sat together and made a plan for this year. Apart from Zebra3 and Hive2, Uhbik has gotten a prominent place on the top of the list. We broke it down into 3 or 4 milestones, from which we will meet again to figure out where to go. The first milestone ("the base package") contains a reworked UI, new preset browser and added modulations, maybe NKS. The development supposed to be done by May, with the UI to follow.

We will see then if we can add more things (e.g. new algorithms, new plug-ins, that rack thing) or if we need everyone on Zebra3. We'll probably stick to a release with milestone #1, and see how it goes, before we add things.

Hired a "developer" >> that sounds so much like Sascha's territory. Drifting off into ... sounds more like picking up from where he left off... Am_Suite.. Vandal etc...
I always thought it was more like you hired an old mate... :wink:

toonertik wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 pm I always thought it was more like you hired an old mate... :wink:
Yeah, hehehe, I did. As we say, firstly everything ends up differently and secondly than anyone thought.

Anyhow, The modulation in Twangström is exactly what I had in mind for Uhbiks. So it's a nice occasion to pick up an old thread.

So good to hear that UHBIK will get some attention.

Way back when, it was the first plug-ins I ever purchased. It took me years to get good results with them, now I can't seem to get bad results (at least with the ones I use regularly).

Not to make the concept more complicated, but is there any chance you could allow inserting the new FX in the rack, provided that you do develop it? It would just be a shame not to be able to use them all together.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Several mod matrix slots would make uhbik plugs 400% better.

Urs wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm I've become very cautious as to what to say about it. Years ago I hired a developer to take care of them, but then he drifted off into tape emulations (Satin), distortion (Zebra, Hive, Bazille, Repro), compressors (Presswerk, Hive) and spring reverbs (Bazille, Twangström), with an intermezzo on physical modelling which hasn't resulted in a product yet.

However! The developer team sat together and made a plan for this year. Apart from Zebra3 and Hive2, Uhbik has gotten a prominent place on the top of the list. We broke it down into 3 or 4 milestones, from which we will meet again to figure out where to go. The first milestone ("the base package") contains a reworked UI, new preset browser and added modulations, maybe NKS. The development supposed to be done by May, with the UI to follow.

We will see then if we can add more things (e.g. new algorithms, new plug-ins, that rack thing) or if we need everyone on Zebra3. We'll probably stick to a release with milestone #1, and see how it goes, before we add things.
Awesome I look forward to it :tu:

grandmasterbird wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:59 pm
Urs wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm I've become very cautious as to what to say about it. Years ago I hired a developer to take care of them, but then he drifted off into tape emulations (Satin), distortion (Zebra, Hive, Bazille, Repro), compressors (Presswerk, Hive) and spring reverbs (Bazille, Twangström), with an intermezzo on physical modelling which hasn't resulted in a product yet.

Awesome I look forward to it :tu:
Can't wait!

What is the latest rev. of the Uhbiks? Is there are a version that allows to disable the 16 samples latency? [The old instructions using a default preset do not seem to work anymore]

You disable the latency not in the default preset, but in the Preferences file for each individual Uhbik (in Support folder). I think it should work even on last available Uhbiks.

V_PROPERTY name='Preference' id='0' value='AudioPrefs:BaseLatencyBuffer16:NO'

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am You disable the latency not in the default preset, but in the Preferences file for each individual Uhbik (in Support folder). I think it should work even on last available Uhbiks.

Hey, thanks a lot!
I'll look into this. The only instructions I found used the default.h2p method...

detriot wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am You disable the latency not in the default preset, but in the Preferences file for each individual Uhbik (in Support folder). I think it should work even on last available Uhbiks.

Hey, thanks a lot!
I'll look into this. The only instructions I found used the default.h2p method...
It worked; thanks again ED!

For Mac folks: if you have one of the never revisions, open each plugin at least once. Then preference files are found in the U-he folders in your *user* folder.

Return to “u-he”