Black Rooster Audio announces the VLA-FET

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Rooster Audio is excited to announce the VLA-FET, inspired by one of the most famous and renowned leveling amplifiers in studio history. This plug-in allows for manipulation of the dynamics in the most intuitive but intense manner, thus giving you a creative tool with an outstanding variety of options, never being overly complex in handling. The super-fast attack and release times will shape out your signal more precisely and efficiently, for forceful drums, bass, and vocals.

Besides the classic parameters, we added some modern touch and functionality to the unit, to make you even more flexible. The Emulation is instigated by the classic LN Rev F, with Lundahl transformers and an op-amp input stage similar to the LA-4A, that have been formulated in detail, striving for an authentic vintage sound.

The plugin will ship soon, please register for our newsletter for the latest info on releases, updates & events => blackroosteraudio.com
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Still coming soon? :dog:

Very very very relieved that it has a mix knob.
I assume i’d have to press all ratios for all-in ratio?

Can’t wait to try it

BlackRooster wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:55 pm Image

Black Rooster Audio is excited to announce the VLA-FET, inspired by one of the most famous and renowned leveling amplifiers in studio history. This plug-in allows for manipulation of the dynamics in the most intuitive but intense manner, thus giving you a creative tool with an outstanding variety of options, never being overly complex in handling. The super-fast attack and release times will shape out your signal more precisely and efficiently, for forceful drums, bass, and vocals.

Besides the classic parameters, we added some modern touch and functionality to the unit, to make you even more flexible. The Emulation is instigated by the classic LN Rev F, with Lundahl transformers and an op-amp input stage similar to the LA-4A, that have been formulated in detail, striving for an authentic vintage sound.

The plugin will ship soon, please register for our newsletter for the latest info on releases, updates & events => blackroosteraudio.com
Hi BlackRooster, do you allow license transfers now?
You said about a year ago you were working on it.
Thanks.

Where is Leesha? :hihi:

simmo75 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm Hi BlackRooster, do you allow license transfers now?
You said about a year ago you were working on it.
Thanks.
Man, I am sorry. We are still on it. Please get back to me directly -> andre.kirchner at blackroosteraudio.com
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Instant buy for me when it comes out! Thank you BRA for making this!

I'm now also accepting well-wishes, shows of gratitude, and claim ownership of this all as the OP who made it happen.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: viewtopic.php?p=7160006#p7160006 :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Finally!!!!

Is Ray doing the DSP on this? Oversampling? I was recently putting up my Stam 76-ADG against several 1176 plugins in a Plugin Doctor just to see how each compared and the UAD mk 2 was the only one I tested that looked just like the hardware in the various tests, just without the noise. In use, I'm not that picky and can find things to like in each, but was interesting to see how some plugins did better at some aspects than others. For instance, the knee on the Arturia was super hard throughout, whereas the hardware and UAD softens a bit at 4:1. The Arturia and Slate versions don't add harmonics until reduction starts happening. The IK version did pretty well if I remember correctly, but the gain staging is way, way off so you really got juice that input knob.

In my opinion the Slate VMR Rev.E has the most authentic compression action, but UAD is a total no go for me so I haven't tested those. Arturia seems weird and doesn't work as a "just slap it on almost everything" workhorse, like a true 1176 does. IK is capitalist bloatware :D

Really hoping the BRA will finally let me free of Slate, their 76 is the last thing holding me as a customer!

Can’t wait for this looks good.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Will be interesting (for me) to compare vs PSPFetpressor.

With the pocket change price of Klark Teknik hw there its zero gas for.1176 plugs.However this dev its nice

lacandon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 am With the pocket change price of Klark Teknik hw there its zero gas for.1176 plugs.However this dev its nice
I have a Stam hardware clone and I can't run multiple simultaneous instances, have instant recall, and there's a noise floor to deal with. Nothing wrong with plugin options.

excellent... looking forward to it. cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:54 am
lacandon wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 am With the pocket change price of Klark Teknik hw there its zero gas for.1176 plugs.However this dev its nice
I have a Stam hardware clone and I can't run multiple simultaneous instances, have instant recall, and there's a noise floor to deal with. Nothing wrong with plugin options.
It depends on genre I can live with one and process things I do prefer the 3d aspect the tightness of hw even dirt cheap drawmers.However plugins are very useful too but emulations are too limited for what they do.Black rooster its one of the very finest tough good luck to the release.

Return to “Effects”