Gah what is this pop song I keep hearing?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm
MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:18 pm Thanks for the interest, everyone.

I don't know what key it's in, so I'm resorting to relative pitch values. I forgot to mention it's a major scale. Ionian. Sorry about that.

1 is the root of the scale, 2 is the 2nd, 3 is the 3rd, and so on. So if it's the key of C, 1 would be C, 2 would be D, 3 would be E, and so on.

Is there an HTML5 staff editor somewhere that doesn't make me sign up? Like Desmos does for graphing calculators?
We're on a music tech forum, ffs! Can you really not get this shit onto a f**king piano-roll?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, then what?

MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:49 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm
MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:18 pm Thanks for the interest, everyone.

I don't know what key it's in, so I'm resorting to relative pitch values. I forgot to mention it's a major scale. Ionian. Sorry about that.

1 is the root of the scale, 2 is the 2nd, 3 is the 3rd, and so on. So if it's the key of C, 1 would be C, 2 would be D, 3 would be E, and so on.

Is there an HTML5 staff editor somewhere that doesn't make me sign up? Like Desmos does for graphing calculators?
We're on a music tech forum, ffs! Can you really not get this shit onto a f**king piano-roll?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, then what?
Do you have a DAW?

...or a voice-recorder on a phone, perhaps?

Ok, from your description of the system, I have the melody. Sorry, doesn't ring a bell.

2323|2323|∙∙5∙|2∙1∙
1∙∙∙|5∙∙∙|2∙∙∙|1∙1∙
=
re mi re mi | re mi re mi | . . sol . | re . do . |
do | sol | re | do do

and no one has to guess from major/minor, 8ve vs +8 semitones etc
This is the more usual way btw.

Sorry for doing it in such a confusing and obnoxious way, everyone.

I didn't want to put it on Soundcloud, which is the only audio upload service where I have an account, because I wouldn't want it on my profile forever, but removing it would kill the link for anyone else who comes along and reads this thread.

I didn't want to put it anywhere else because I don't like having dozens of accounts floating all over the internet.

Maybe I could have used a staff editor instead of putting up audio. Unfortunately I don't have one at my disposal unless I make another account somewhere.

If there's an option I'm not thinking of, again, I'm sorry for not thinking of it.

I've put it up anyway. Here.

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:22 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm Geezer's 'avin' a bubble!
not heard that?
is geezer a big artist?
bass player in Black Sabbath :hihi:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm Geezer's 'avin' a bubble!
He's having carnal relations with a Hellenistic gentleman?

MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:35 pm Sorry for doing it in such a confusing and obnoxious way, everyone.

I didn't want to put it on Soundcloud, which is the only audio upload service where I have an account, because I wouldn't want it on my profile forever, but removing it would kill the link for anyone else who comes along and reads this thread.

I didn't want to put it anywhere else because I don't like having dozens of accounts floating all over the internet.

Maybe I could have used a staff editor instead of putting up audio. Unfortunately I don't have one at my disposal unless I make another account somewhere.

If there's an option I'm not thinking of, again, I'm sorry for not thinking of it.

I've put it up anyway. Here.
Something familiar about it, but...

Have you picked up any lyrics at all?

In C Major this is what I get:

Sorry, doesn't sound familiar at all when I play it.

https://youtu.be/KsvKT8vsgF4

You're welcome.

Actually as pop songs go, I liked this one.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 pm Something familiar about it, but...

The 23232323 part is a half note "ohhhhhh".

jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm and no one has to guess from major/minor, 8ve vs +8 semitones etc
Thanks. Could you clarify your meaning here? Which is more usual, diatonic or chromatic numbering?

ShawnG wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:27 pm https://youtu.be/KsvKT8vsgF4

You're welcome.

Actually as pop songs go, I liked this one.
Yep. :D

Don't know exactly what about it works for me. It sounds like summer to me.

MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:29 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 pm Something familiar about it, but...

The 23232323 part is a half note "ohhhhhh".
The video above then :tu:

MackTuesday wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:04 pm and no one has to guess from major/minor, 8ve vs +8 semitones etc
Thanks. Could you clarify your meaning here? Which is more usual, diatonic or chromatic numbering?
I'm not sure there is any such thing as 'diatonic numbering'. We can't really take 2 and 3 for granted as re and mi, taking major scale for granted.

Some people write the chromatic scale from 0, technical kind of people so the octave is 12. It's a pretty objective way of doing things, 0+1 = C to Db. 0+10 = C to Bb; for example as this pertains to transposing in the piano roll. IE: if I set a key command in say Logical Editor, a transposition of a major second is 2, ie., 0+2 (conversely 12-2, C down to Bb).

OTOH some people will look at numbers from 1 on and 2 from C = C# or Db. E, then is 5. I don't like that, because that interval is 4 semitones.

So w. a simple major key ditty, why not do solfege syllables, Do Re Mi etc. That's how it's done in usual musical training. It's the same for any key. It used to be taught in primary school here.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”