Hive 2.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Is it possible to modulate a modmatrix knob in Matrix A from a modulation source in Matrix B? Maybe in slot 01 the filter cutoff gets modulated and in slot 07 (on side B) an LFO should modulate the depth of slot 01. I found nothing in the drop down menu and I can´t drag from B to A (or vice versa). How could that be done?

Beachboy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 am Is it possible to modulate a modmatrix knob in Matrix A from a modulation source in Matrix B? Maybe in slot 01 the filter cutoff gets modulated and in slot 07 (on side B) an LFO should modulate the depth of slot 01. I found nothing in the drop down menu and I can´t drag from B to A (or vice versa). How could that be done?

I'm not sure if there's a better way but there's a "last touched" option that allows you to pull a parameter from one pane to another once you interact with it (not able to access my PC for a bit so may have to edit this later if incorrect)

Thanks qoyl, that is a great tip! Then menu entry is called "assign recent" and lists really everything that was touched last.

exmatproton wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:19 pm congrats on the release!

1 request; free (no trigger) option (synced though) for the SHAPERS
+1 for me

In the modulation matrix, the slots "modulation source" and "via source" are accesible with the left mouse-click.
But the slots "Target #1" and "Target #2" are accesible with the right mouse-click.
Is this how it should be? If not, it would be cool to access all slots via the mouse-left click.
Thank you

Beachboy wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 am Is it possible to modulate a modmatrix knob in Matrix A from a modulation source in Matrix B?
You can use the crosshair to assign modulation targets, this includes the modulation depth knobs of the mod matrix.
Just click in an empty modulation target slot and then drag the cross-hair to the modulation depth knob of the slot your want to modulate.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

enCiphered wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:43 pm In the modulation matrix, the slots "modulation source" and "via source" are accesible with the left mouse-click.
But the slots "Target #1" and "Target #2" are accesible with the right mouse-click.
Is this how it should be?
Yes, this is how it should be.
The left-click on the modulation target slots is used to assign targets via the cross-hair. Just click and drag the cross-hair to the desired target.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 am You can use the crosshair to assign modulation targets, this includes the modulation depth knobs of the mod matrix.
Just click in an empty modulation target slot and then drag the cross-hair to the modulation depth knob of the slot your want to modulate.
Ok, but when I´m in Matrix B I can´t see Matrix A (being a different tab). How can I drag the crosshair onto something which is not visible. Am I overlooking something?

Beachboy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:26 am Ok, but when I´m in Matrix B I can´t see Matrix A (being a different tab). How can I drag the crosshair onto something which is not visible. Am I overlooking something?
In this case, just drag the modulation source onto the modulation depth knob, and it will create a entry in the next free modulation slot.
Say you already have used all six modulation slots of Matrix A, but want to modulate the modulation depth of slot 1 with an LFO. Click on the crosshair of the LFO, drag it onto the modulation depth knob of slot 1, and it will create a new entry in slot 7 (on Matrix B).

For the sake if clarity I usually make room in MATRIX A (copy/paste something to MATRIX B).

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:25 pm Is it possible to save the Modulation Matrices (A + B) as a complete chain?
E.g. the Mod Matrix Slots 1 to 6 (which is A) as own preset?
I have programmed some very cool mod combinations and would like to apply the exact same one to another patch which has very similar sound characteristics.
I have to quote myself as my question was ignored. Hope someone can help me

Not multiple matrix slots, no.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This would be a killer feature for the sound designers among us.

Killer feature? I'm not convinced. That would be like bundling oscillator, filter and LFO settings together as "multi-panel presets". Doesn't make sense IMHO.

I’m probably going to do a demo of Hive 2 today, but I thought I’d ask users about what they feel are its differentiators from the other big software wavetable synths like Zebra, Serum, Dune 3, Pigments, etc.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “u-he”