Slate All Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dionenoid wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm sub
NO
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Bottom line is people that have sub-o-phobia cannot be reasoned with :hihi: It's some kinda deep hatred that doesn't take logic into account. :shrug:

Boy did I open up a can o worms :lol:

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:56 pm Bottom line is people that have sub-o-phobia cannot be reasoned with :hihi: It's some kinda deep hatred that doesn't take logic into account. :shrug:

Boy did I open up a can o worms :lol:
Yeah, guess they like to keep complaining about update prices for all their plug-ins every time :lol:

(That should get the anti sub reactions going) :hihi:
More BPM please

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm sub
YES
I corrected that typo for you :D
More BPM please

I'd just like to understand why people are against them so much. Financially, they make great sense.

Even on sale, you can't get much for 150 bones. With this you get everything and if you added it up 10 years (which surely there will be better options then) it's only 1500 bucks, which is a small price to pay.......IF you use them. I use them regularly so it's worth it here.

To each their own, but the prejudice of hate against subs seems so irrational to me.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 am I'd just like to understand why people are against them so much. Financially, they make great sense.

Even on sale, you can't get much for 150 bones. With this you get everything and if you added it up 10 years (which surely there will be better options then) it's only 1500 bucks, which is a small price to pay.......IF you use them. I use them regularly so it's worth it here.

To each their own, but the prejudice of hate against subs seems so irrational to me.
"With this you get everything", actually you "get" nothing, you are renting like Netflix.

People don't rent houses because they want to, it's because they have to. They can't afford the down payment, insurance, taxes and mortgage. They save their money and wait until they can afford to buy a house, that's the goal. I don't many people that have a goal of renting forever, it's just not cost effective in the bigger picture of life.

* error
More BPM please

:lol:

ictools: We just don't see eye to eye.

I won't do subs for music. I hate the idea of unconscious spending. When I spend money, sometimes it's impulsive, but I do it counciously. The idea of paying automatically sickens me. Especially for music, which is a hobby. I go in spurts and often don't work on music for months at a time and then I'm inspired and work on it for months at a time, too. But with Slate, if you don't want to commit for the year, it is now $24.95/month - and you know you're not going to remember to unsubscribe right away. BTW, I don't count Bitwig as a subscription - I often don't renew, but I can still use. Only when I consciously want the newest update do I pay.
reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 am I'd just like to understand why people are against them so much. Financially, they make great sense.

Only $1500?!? That sounds like a lot. So you're saying if I offered you all these plugins for $1500 right now, you would jump on that? I doubt it. BTW, I have had some VSTs for over 10 years (Omnisphere, NI) and I still get to use them...

I think you've taken this out of context. I'm saying IF you paid the sub for 10 years (which is pretty fing liberal) it would cost that much. You'd spend that money easily buying perpetual licenses QUICKLY in this case.

Frankly, I don't plan on paying that sub for 10 years, AS I SAID, I think better option will prevail.

Consider this: With what they offer, and all the stuff they are adding, what is BAD about their sub? As for would I buy that, again, you are leaving context out. Clearly you are in the "no sub" category, but do understand why I like it?

Slate is a Good Value. The Best Value I think I have when it comes to Subscription Plans...
It was before but It's certainly now, Especially if they Add more and More Courses and keep matching Deals with Audio Companies like Sonic Academy and Kilohearts.
You don't like it, and the subscription model, lemme hit you with a Deep Secret...

(っ◔◡◔)っ DON'T USE IT

It's that Simple!
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:00 am I think you've taken this out of context. I'm saying IF you paid the sub for 10 years (which is pretty fing liberal) it would cost that much. You'd spend that money easily buying perpetual licenses QUICKLY in this case.

Frankly, I don't plan on paying that sub for 10 years, AS I SAID, I think better option will prevail.

Consider this: With what they offer, and all the stuff they are adding, what is BAD about their sub? As for would I buy that, again, you are leaving context out. Clearly you are in the "no sub" category, but do understand why I like it?
Yes. If it works for you and you think it's the best bang for your buck. I wasn't trying to attack you. I just wanted to say why I am (in general) anti-sub.

Well cool.

I have a financial goal as well as a "make music" goal and I happen to like enough of the sub that's it's within my "financial fiscal prudence"

And that is all I'm saying. I don't plan on paying forever, I think better things will come, but I use enough of what is offered that it's a win for me :)

OK, I get it ... No Means Yes.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

No, no means no...........for you.

Return to “Effects”