Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks rockhopper and debra1rlo, I'll keep an eye out for some discounted cards. :)
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Costco has a $100 iTunes card for $94.49 and Groupon sometimes has $15 cards for $12. You can get iTunes cards use credit card and Fed Ex points.

PayPal gives discounts on iTunes gift cards every now and then, too.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

If you are student/teacher... don't forget the "Pro Apps Bundle for Education" option.

$199.99 for Final Cut Pro X + Logic Pro X

Just not too sure about the licensing terms. Lots of different opinions on the net.

Rational wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 am The cheapest way to go with IK if you're willing to wait is to get the next upgrade to Total Studio Max 3 whenever that eventually comes out. It'll come with everything since v2. Such as the Leslie Collection and this new tape collection. Also a few more items I can't recall.

I've learned the hard way over the years with IK that it's never smart to buy their new bundles and Group Buys. Just get TS Max and upgrade it when a new one comes out. That's the best price to value way to go with them.

I bought Lurssen and a few other new packs then got them again when I got Max 2. So those ended up being wasted purchases. Patience pays.
I have Total Studio Max 2. No point in buying anything else before the release of version 3.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model. Some increases are quite substantial. The annual support plan renewal has been doubled in price from 99$ to 199$ per year. There are attractive options to switch to the subscription but the catch is that you have to surrender your perpetual license. The new prices take effect July 1.

Two take aways. If you want to keep your perpetual Pro Tools license it makes sense to purchase the renewal plan now before the price increase even if you are not yet up for renewal. Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.

Another interesting point is that they did not change the price of the renewal plan for Pro Tools Ultimate. That one stays at (the already fairly high) $399 per year and thus remains a lot lower than the subscription price. If you have been on the fence about trading up your standard Pro Tools license at the current sale price, this is one more thing to consider.

Edit: Btw, that new crossgrade option from Ultimate perpetual to Ultimate subscription makes no sense whatsoever. You can either keep the perpetual license and pay $399 per yer for the support plan or you surrender the perpetual license for the benefit of paying $599 instead of $799 a year for the subscription. Who in their right mind would do that?
I got a free version of Pro Tools lite a couple of years ago when I got my first keyboard. I'm so glad I didn't upgrade to the full version. I now have other DAW's with reasonable upgrade prices.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm We now have the Bitwig Upgrade on sale for $129:

https://www.jrrshop.com/bitwig?dir=desc ... _from_date
I bought a version 2 upgrade from 1 on sale a while ago. I might finally register it with version 3.

There's a raving review for the beta version, looks very promising:

https://www.musictech.net/reviews/digit ... -studio-3/

After getting the upgrade to KU12CE earlier this month, I get flooded with many great offers.

There's the Softube Volume 3. I already have Volume 2, but I'm not sure I will get it now. Great price, but I already have so much synths and I'm not sure Parallels is so unique.

Also Neutron 3. I already have Music Production Suite 2. I could also wait for a full bundle version upgrade instead of upgrading to version 2.1 of Music Production Suite.

Both APD deals seems interesting, I might get one of them. The Klusterkitt bundle has a ton of kits for a very reasonable price, while I see many great comments about the Adventure Brass.

The new Output product released Portal today, which can be use on any VST or samples. It's not on sale, but since I own the Output bundle, I could get it at a discount. I guess that if I wait for the next Output sale, I suppose I could get it for an even lower price.

All quality stuff, but the wallet has it's limitations. Decisions, decisions...

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:07 am The new Output product released Portal today, which can be use on any VST or samples. It's not on sale, but since I own the Output bundle, I could get it at a discount. I guess that if I wait for the next Output sale, I suppose I could get it for an even lower price.
The video has some really cool stuff going on. Is it actually better than other granular plugins or is that just Output's superior skill at making demos?

Parallels is glorified ROMpler. Pass. Neutron 3 should just be Neutron. Stop making us replace it every 1.5 years, iZotope. Pass.

Bitwig with the grid, now that's something new and different. Their answer to M4L, I suppose. But I've owned Bitwig twice now, each time giving it a good honest shot at unseating Ableton, and it never quite manages.

Output makes seriously cool looking stuff. I use Movement all the time on drum loops. I'll look at their new plugin, but I'm tapped out after getting Adaptiverb.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model.

Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.
I guess I'll be stocking up on Upgrade renewals because monthly would still amount to more than the $200 they want for the year. I'm not trading in my Perp.

It's really insane pricing on the Perp Standard update to mark it up 200% of the original price. I foresee many people switching to Studio One, Reaper, or Cubase July 1st.

What is also appalling is that they give you a little over a week to grief the death of pricing that you've budgeted for. What goes around, comes around Avid. I have a feeling they didn't quite think this one out completely. I feel like whoever made the final decision to change the price, is probably updating their Snapchat on an hourly basis using an iPhone to look trendy. No offense iPhone users...even though you know it's two year old tech with a Samsung screen (certain models) at a futuristic price. Sorry...and yes, I did go there. Sue me.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Uncle E wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:20 am
Ryan99 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:07 am The new Output product released Portal today, which can be use on any VST or samples. It's not on sale, but since I own the Output bundle, I could get it at a discount. I guess that if I wait for the next Output sale, I suppose I could get it for an even lower price.
The video has some really cool stuff going on. Is it actually better than other granular plugins or is that just Output's superior skill at making demos?
I wonder how this will stack against Melda's Multiband Granular Synth? Output's UI looks so "eyecandy-ish." Omnisphere has been good to me though, stacked with Adaptiverb for some really breathtaking and ethereal pads; however, at the cost of clock cycles...

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:24 am
mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:58 pm Avid is increasing prices on Pro Tools perpetual licenses in an effort to move customers to their subscription model.

Apparently, you can purchase as many renewals as you want. Each renewal purchase will add one year to your renewal plan. After July 1, owning a perpetual license for the regular Pro Tools version makes very little sense.
I guess I'll be stocking up on Upgrade renewals because monthly would still amount to more than the $200 they want for the year. I'm not trading in my Perp.

It's really insane pricing on the Perp Standard update to mark it up 200% of the original price. I foresee many people switching to Studio One, Reaper, or Cubase July 1st.

What is also appalling is that they give you a little over a week to grief the death of pricing that you've budgeted for. What goes around, comes around Avid. I have a feeling they didn't quite think this one out completely. I feel like whoever made the final decision to change the price, is probably updating their Snapchat on an hourly basis using an iPhone to look trendy. No offense iPhone users...even though you know it's two year old tech with a Samsung screen (certain models) at a futuristic price. Sorry...and yes, I did go there. Sue me.
Was looking for a good price on the renewals as it is worth it to buy a couple years and then maybe let it lapse until the perpetual no longer works. Truthfully, I don't do a lot of crazy stuff with it now, so I could let it go. But the studio production classes I take use it, so probably good to go for a couple more years. And Windows doesn't require it to upgrade like Apple OS's does. I may just put it on my Sweetwater card. At least I can get 2 years interest free. Almost like buying it the normal way. Well if I bought 2 years. They started they max out at 3 per sale.

dzilizzi wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 am "...let it lapse until the perpetual no longer works." "...I could let it go." They started they max out at 3 per sale.
I'm definitely with you on this. As long as it keeps working, I'd be willing to let the update stall.

Mathematics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 am
dzilizzi wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 am "...let it lapse until the perpetual no longer works." "...I could let it go." They started they max out at 3 per sale.
I'm definitely with you on this. As long as it keeps working, I'd be willing to let the update stall.
I know plenty of people who do professional work with ancient Pro Tools versions and never update. Never change a working setup, I guess. This might also be one of the reasons why Avid is trying to force people into the subscription.

The new pricing leaves perpetual licenses somewhat attractive for the Ultimate version but not for the regular Pro Tools version. I thought that was interesting. I also get the feeling that the subscription will add features that the perpetual license does not have. Otherwise the Ultimate perpetual to subscription cross grade option would be borderline idiotic.

A bit of a risky strategy considering Steinberg just went the opposite direction with Nuendo 10. Nuendo is now significantly cheaper and at the same time more feature rich than Pro Tools Ultimate. But Avid obviously feels they still have the market dominance that allows them to do that.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”