Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

Interesting.

outputsounds wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:49 pm Hey everyone, we are not offering a demo for Portal but it is part of our 14-day return policy. If you are unhappy for any reason after installing, registering and using the product, we will issue a full refund within 14 days of your purchase.
FAW Sublab offers 30 day return policy on a $40.

If somebody can fully evaluate a plugin in 14 days, with school and/or job, more power to them. It ain’t me.

EDIT: and family.
Last edited by perpetual3 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I do think their 14-day money back guarantee is laughable. I did use it before, though: I bought Exhale and Rev and ended up returning both. 14 days just wasn't long enough for me to trial them, so I erred on the side of caution. I don't know why the don't do 30-day trials like most other normal plugin developers, or at least make it crippled with audio watermarks.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 pm I don't know why the don't do 30-day trials like most other normal plugin developers, or at least make it crippled with audio watermarks.
Yep. ??

I bought the other Output effect (Movement) for 10$ here on KVR without any demo and I‘m quite satisfied with it. Sometimes a bit over the top but all in all usable.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Until they fix the bugs in Movement, they wont be getting any more money for anything from output. They release and then forget.

I bought Movement for 100 euro. And it was disappointing. The plugin wasn’t all that great. And it was buggy. But I bought it from a dealer so I couldn’t return it. Lesson learned.

I cannot recommend OUTPUT!
Buggy plugin especially MOVEMENT and no bug fixes at all!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Perhaps their strengths are more on the sample based instrument side and not so much on the FX side...

Caine123 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 pm I cannot recommend OUTPUT!
Never had a single problem with Movement on mac.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 pm
+1

simmo75 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 pm
Yeah it has been pretty solid here for me too on OS X

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm Perhaps their strengths are more on the sample based instrument side and not so much on the FX side...
Their graphics are nice. But I’d rather want stable and good sounding plugins. If you want to learn to program plugins from the Output programmers, there’s a course on Kadenze: https://www.kadenze.com/programs/creati ... ins-with-c

I guess it seems to be sounding good, but the high price combined with a painful "demo" process and Output's extremely poor track record of fixing and updating these products is a no-go. Tons of other great granular manglers with more flexibility out there.

Return to “Effects”