discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

discoDSP ??? If you had only asked a few days ago, now it's a different story. :dog:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Discovery Pro is great and was on my shopping list for a while but after what happened recently I wouldn't recommend dealing with such [I can't even find word to describe current situation]. It's too risky.
But yea, Discovery is really good synth

Corona and Discovery Pro are both good synths. Corona is neat in how it combines waveforms in different ways - you can get to a lot of sounds simply by changing the way the waves interacted. Vertigo is interesting as an additive synth.

But George's recent shenanigans make it hard to recommend them.

Did Georgie Pordgie actually code any of the Disco DSP synths or were they coded by a third party while he was digging around inside the pie looking for his plum ?

Or his $29 ? :wink:
No auto tune...

I believe it's a little from Column A and a little from Column B: the reworked filters in Corona and Discovery were his additions I think.

When you have a 'developer' who throws his customers under a bus, then posts troll memes when they complain, just run a mile and be thankful you never bought anything from him. No synth is worth dealing with this, plus there are zillions of better synths out there from devs who actually value their customers.

Mhhh, sadly i also have the feeling the iOS app is also a scam so far.
Indeed i never had such a bad feeling about any developer here.
Call me crazy but i still would give him a chance but sadly he does not seem to have any interest in this.
Very stubborn. But i do not know his life and whatever bothers him maybe.
I got enough bad times in life myself so hard to judge. However, from a "stupid" customer it does not look very good and trustworthy at all and it all sounds like a business suicide.

Maybe they will come to their senses and terminate the business in a professional and respectful way, like LinPlug did. They offered existing customers a fair window of opportunity to update all of their products, backup their installers/serials and combined it with a closing down sale, so that there was a chance to bag their products for a special price with a clear caveat of no further ongoing support. This will be a good time to buy DiscoDSP products imo.
Always Read the Manual!

Cinebient wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:11 pm Indeed i never had such a bad feeling about any developer here.
Call me crazy but i still would give him a chance but sadly he does not seem to have any interest in this
OK....you're crazy :x
Cinebient wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:11 pm However, from a "stupid" customer it does not look very good and trustworthy at all and it all sounds like a business suicide.
Yep...the refs have called it and it's an own goal :clap:
No auto tune...

Wait a minute, George got banned from Superbooth 2019 ?!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

probably has something to do with the fact that he reportedly was presenting products there without getting a booth.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Lol.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 pm So, on this Cloud thing....

We pay one one-time-yearly fee, and for all updates, for all of the DiscoDSP software licenses that we own, we get brought up to the latest version and get all additional updates to it for the course of that year? Then, if we want to get the updates for all of the instruments we own for the next year, we pay another one-time fee? And currently with the summer sale going on, we only have to pay $14.50? If that is true, that doesn't sound bad at all. Can someone at DiscoDSP confirm? :)

suppose your HD dies, or your PC, or your house burns down etc etc. Shit happens.

You then have to pay 30 bux to redownload something you have already paid for

theres the scam

where is the guarantee that this ADDITIONAL fee will include any updates? (not bug fixes)

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 am

We pay one one-time-yearly fee, and for all updates, for all of the DiscoDSP software licenses that we own, we get brought up to the latest version and get all additional updates to it for the course of that year? Then, if we want to get the updates for all of the instruments we own for the next year, we pay another one-time fee? And currently with the summer sale going on, we only have to pay $14.50? If that is true, that doesn't sound bad at all. Can someone at DiscoDSP confirm? :)

suppose your HD dies, or your PC, or your house burns down etc etc. Shit happens.

theres the scam

where is the guarantee that this ADDITIONAL fee will include any updates? (not bug fixes)
that's not even the worst of it. even if a bugfix update comes out after you bought your plugin, you still pay for the "cloud subscription".
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

AnX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 am

theres the scam

You also just don't know what updates he'll release during the year, if any. You could be paying $29 and maybe there won't even be any updates that year. You could of course wait and only buy the Cloud thing when he does release a big update, but then you're paying $29 for a "free" (advertised as "free" on the site) update.

It's just a horrible business model where the customer ends up paying a $29 a year "ranson", on top of the price of initial purchase. Even if some of their products are pretty good, the market is so saturated with plugins that you can easily find a replacement that doesn't have these anti-consumer measures.

Return to “Instruments”