discoDSP Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Burillo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:22 am
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:01 pm So, on this Cloud thing....

We pay one one-time-yearly fee, and for all updates, for all of the DiscoDSP software licenses that we own, we get brought up to the latest version and get all additional updates to it for the course of that year? Then, if we want to get the updates for all of the instruments we own for the next year, we pay another one-time fee? And currently with the summer sale going on, we only have to pay $14.50? If that is true, that doesn't sound bad at all. Can someone at DiscoDSP confirm? :)

suppose your HD dies, or your PC, or your house burns down etc etc. Shit happens.

You then have to pay 30 bux to redownload something you have already paid for

theres the scam

where is the guarantee that this ADDITIONAL fee will include any updates? (not bug fixes)
that's not even the worst of it. even if a bugfix update comes out after you bought your plugin, you still pay for the "cloud subscription".
Problem is I can’t even access the stuff I paid for, that is unacceptable (plus they keep deleting my posts in their thread on the sale)

Maybe this is the problem they are writing about on this page? https://www.discodsp.com/cloud/

Please allow at least 24 hours for service activation.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:36 am Problem is I can’t even access the stuff I paid for
I bought Bliss, yet my license timebombed on me. When I went to get it fixed the website was down for months. I logged in last week and it told me it wanted $29 just to download the latest build.

It has never worked properly for me, so he wants $29 for the privilege of delivering me a version that (hopefully) works - in so doing he's breaking the law (EU Digital Contract Rules). It would seem that every DiscoDSP EU customer for whom the software doesn't work is entitled to a full refund, regardless of when they purchased the software.

Not sure i see the difference between Disco's cloud based updates and Wave's subscription service.

Discovery Pro is a great synth but didn't know about this cloud based subscription thingy. Doesn't seem right to me. I will never subscribe to renting vsts.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:34 pm Not sure i see the difference between Disco's cloud based updates and Wave's subscription service.
if you mean Waves' subscription thing then it's optional. if you mean WUP, then, once again, with feeling: you don't have to buy WUP. you only need it if 1) you're upgrading a major version (v9 to v10), or 2) you're selling your license. that's it. all point updates are free and don't require WUP.

in what world is this the same as discoDSP system of "if you want to download anything (even supposedly "free" updates), pay us $29"?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:34 pm Not sure i see the difference between Disco's cloud based updates and Wave's subscription service.
The biggest difference is the Waves plugin nearly certainly worked in the first instance and when you came back 3 years later it was still working. The DiscoDSP plugin was always buggy for me, when I came back 3 years later its stopped working entirely and I can't get an upgrade for it.

Other than that, it's a bit like WUP (which everyone hates too and means few will spend more than $29 on any Waves plugin).

Not investing another cent in discoDSP. Those not so finger lickin' chickens have finally come home to roost. It could be 99% off and I'd still pass at this point.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Im a little confused (and I am selling mine as winding things up so no reflection on the fee or product here). AFAIK you buy the synth and the first 12 months of updates, fixes etc are all included. Im unclear if you pay for any update and also the sub fee, or the sub fee covers the update and another 12 months.
That being said, I keep a back up on my own server of any installs where I can and have always paid for the updates anyway.
FWIW Ive had this for years and its never caused any issues, its a great sounding synth, loads of presets available. Great to tweak. I like it.

... and it's so good you're selling it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

lol, waves certainly does have bugs, and if you are going to use it you will have to upgrade. it's only optional if you don't use it, and they sprung the whole, "you have to switch" thing on everyone without telling them, just like DS did with thorn. i can't even use my version 9 waves software anymore.

whatever, i don't own any disco software, but i've thought about bliss a lot. i'm just pointing out the obvious.

Better off investing in a company that is more reliable like TAL. Especially if you want a brilliant sampler.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

We pay one one-time-yearly fee, and for all updates, for all of the DiscoDSP software licenses that we own, we get brought up to the latest version and get all additional updates to it for the course of that year? Then, if we want to get the updates for all of the instruments we own for the next year, we pay another one-time fee? And currently with the summer sale going on, we only have to pay $14.50? If that is true, that doesn't sound bad at all. Can someone at DiscoDSP confirm? :)

suppose your HD dies, or your PC, or your house burns down etc etc. Shit happens.

theres the scam

where is the guarantee that this ADDITIONAL fee will include any updates? (not bug fixes)
That’s ludicrous! Suppose you crash your new car on the freeway. The dealer doesn’t owe you a new one. Suppose you scratched your new Blue ray disk and it no longer works. Should a movie theater let you in again for free to watch the same show again, just because you lost the plot? Make a backup like sane people do. I lost a year and a half of family pictures because my old hard drive finally failed and I didn’t make a backup. Should I expect the hard drive manufacturer to replace my out of warranty hard drive or should I sue because I lost my pictures? You were given a period of time to download the application for no additional cost when you bought it. You should have taken responsible measures to protect your purchase. A scam!! What an entitled generation we’ve become! Talk about first-world problems! Sheesh!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Burillo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

theres the scam

that's not even the worst of it. even if a bugfix update comes out after you bought your plugin, you still pay for the "cloud subscription".
This is something the software industry has been doing for years. Business software has used this model for years. The entire iOS ecosystem is trying to move that way, because developers can’t afford to keep updating applications. Would you prefer that older apps be abandoned or that development continue on them? Development isn’t free.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Instruments”