ToneBoosters E.Q.4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v4

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quite impressive indeed !

djeroen wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:15 am Equalizer v4.1.7 is now out:
Double click in the lower-left corner will now automatically initalize a high-pass filter
Cool, loving the new features, thanks.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Some really cool usability updates in the last couple of releases.

The scroll bar now works great, even at maximum zoom
Snapping is greatly improved
Nice UI and analyser stuff (grid, more contrast, UI zoom menu, colour curves!!)
Lasso select and move, and mwheel control are nice touches
New Spectral Tilt - Yay !!

Thanks Jeroen!

At the risk of repeating myself and coming across as a greedy entitled git... I'd like to, um, repeat a couple of my earlier FR's :D
  • Max zoom increase to +/- 6dB
  • An option to prevent the analyser zooming vertically
  • Centred/Symmetrical vertical zoom, using <ctrl/cmd>+mwheel control on the scroll bar, or <ctrl>+drag (or both)
  • Horizontal zooming of the analyser/curves display, using <ctrl/cmd>+mwheel, or <ctrl>+drag over the frequency label
I'm reminded of the Rolling Stones song, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' (...but if you try sometime, you find you get what you need) :)

Again, thanks for the updates, much appreciated. I'm a big fan of all the v4 tools.

Hello I'm looking to buy this EQ, however I can't find any info on whether it has mid/side functionalities and that's a very important feature to me.
Can someone who does have this plugin give me any info on this? Thx

Mid side is a breath to use inside eq v4

Astronautilus wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm Hello I'm looking to buy this EQ, however I can't find any info on whether it has mid/side functionalities and that's a very important feature to me.
Can someone who does have this plugin give me any info on this? Thx
Every node has Linked, Mid, Side, Left and Right options, not to mention dynamic and autogain options.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm Every node has Linked, Mid, Side, Left and Right options, not to mention dynamic and autogain options.
Thank you! I would have checked the manual but I couldn't find it

Astronautilus wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:18 pm
Vortifex wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm Every node has Linked, Mid, Side, Left and Right options, not to mention dynamic and autogain options.
Thank you! I would have checked the manual but I couldn't find it
It's on the Toneboosters support page: https://www.toneboosters.com/manuals/TB ... Manual.pdf

Toneboosters seems to have introduced challange-response copy protection without notice to the users. I am not amused (introduced with V1.2.5?). Obviously, there are also a plans for subscription based licensing (as the new eula suggests).

AKJ wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 pm Toneboosters seems to have introduced challange-response copy protection without notice to the users. I am not amused (introduced with V1.2.5?). Obviously, there are also a plans for subscription based licensing (as the new eula suggests).
This is strictly incorrect. The process has not changed: you order a product, you get a personalized activation code by email and use that to activate the software on your computer. No challenge-response at all.

double post

So maybe no machine based challenge-response (you know it, I have to speculate), but in an email to my brother you wrote the following: "We had to introduce online license validity checks after discovering people were selling cracked licenses online (Ebay etc)." Thus, there is now an online license check so that using your software is obviously dependent on the availability of the validation server. That is something I do not like at all. I had some more of your V4 plugins on my shopping list but I will remove them and better spend the money on plugins that do not need online validation. It is a pity as your plugins are great and actually I do not believe that a lot of people would buy false licenses on ebay since your price is affordable enough to get a genuine license.

AKJ wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:56 am So maybe no machine based challenge-response (you know it, I have to speculate), but in an email to my brother you wrote the following: "We had to introduce online license validity checks after discovering people were selling cracked licenses online (Ebay etc)." Thus, there is now an online license check so that using your software is obviously dependent on the availability of the validation server. That is something I do not like at all. I had some more of your V4 plugins on my shopping list but I will remove them and better spend the money on plugins that do not need online validation. It is a pity as your plugins are great and actually I do not believe that a lot of people would buy false licenses on ebay since your price is affordable enough to get a genuine license.
I have my wifi off on my DAW computer right now (as it is 90% of the time) and EQ4 and every other tb plugin work just fine, as it always has.

I don't think online activation is a hassle at all as you only ever have to do it once. Not a big deal. No hardware dongle or licensing program necessary. That's better than a lot of companies these days.

Anyway, I just bought this after the latest update which really sealed the deal for me with the addition of custom color schemes, grid lines and some other UI niceties

I feel like this could have benefited from a longer beta period but at least some of these long-standing suggestions/complaints are getting addressed. At $45 USD it's 1/4th of the price of Pro-Q 2 but with enough features to satisfy a majority of people, IMO. I made a pretty thorough list of suggestions on the Facebook page about it but Jeroen's commitment to improving his products post-release won me over.

Return to “Effects”