Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 pm Anyone know if this...

https://www.jrrshop.com/best-service-lexicon-legends

... works in the free version of the Halls of Fame reverb? Is it literally just impulses you can load into any convo verb that'll take 'em, or some kind of proprietry Best Service file format?
I searched for them, including reading the manual, and could not find them. FWIW, the Best Service Halls of Fame interface provides very good envelope controls that are better than most impulse plugins I've used.

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 am The only thing that's interesting to me right now on the PA sale is the Engl 646 VS. Worth picking up? I do like to play the metals. :D
If the price is low and it's the same as the UAD version, it's probably worth it for the impulses. I don't play the metals so my low opinion of the actual amp sounds doesn't apply to you.

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:39 am Anyone remember when Pianoteq goes on sale and for how long?

I thought it was July last year but I'm due to be away.
It was the end of August last year. We have a Pianoteq Standard license left over from that sale, are you interested in that?

@ Uncle E, thanks, I will be around then. I have Stage so I am looking for the upgrade to Standard.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:29 am
dermage wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:25 am Eric, will you also offer the 50% off crossgrade from other sonible prodcts, which PluginBoutiqe has?
Thank you for asking. I will find out tomorrow.
I'm interested in this as well.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:39 am Anyone remember when Pianoteq goes on sale and for how long?

I thought it was July last year but I'm due to be away.
It was the end of August last year. We have a Pianoteq Standard license left over from that sale, are you interested in that?
What is/was that price?

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 am The only thing that's interesting to me right now on the PA sale is the Engl 646 VS. Worth picking up? I do like to play the metals. :D
Sorry for the non-response, but it really depends on the tone you like and your ability to squeeze that tone out of a specific plugin. I've seen people in youtube getting great tones out of pretty much anything (Guitar Rig, the new ToneLib, Emissary, $5 Audio Assault amps, you name it). You could try out the demo--that's one of the things a like about PA. I guess the question is, what's more valuable for you? $9 in your pocket, a venti macchiato (don't know what I'm talking about), or a new toy? :D

Oh, by the way, I do have that amp and I like it but seldom use it because I have one hundred other options, like we all do... it's ridiculous...

OK, one thing I don't like is that you can't lock the IR section and browse the presets using the same IR for each one of them.

Insanelysane wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:26 am
Im going to assume you already have a healthy arsenal of amp simulators and pedals etc :P for $9 you cant go wrong as it does have a certain recognizable solid sound and the playability/response is good. Just in case you dont own Bxrock that one has a lot of flexibility too, some nice clean tones as well as 666 metal one - with the amps and playing through all the impulse setups (around 40+ combinations) you're to find useable stuff.
I suspect the ENGL 646 will give you at least one solid flavour that'll work well and then you gotta inevitably toss up which super guitar sound to load on your new track, your choice pool having increased slightly more..
Thanks for that. :)

While the price is great, I actually dislike every amp sim PA has to offer. With all the options we have nowadays, these ones fall pretty low in my personal list. I find them character-less, one-dimensional, rigid (very little response to dynamics in playing) and overall flat sounding. When I used them (I was ok with Bassdude for a while) I had to clip the hell out of my signal in front and after the amp sim, as it was never beefy enough for anything.
Though the price is really ridiculous, I felt that in the past I have paid very little money for plugins that I never used based solely on that criterion: very little money. If I put all that money together right now, I could buy every Valhalla plugin.
My advice for you: download it and play for a few hours, then open an older session and switch whichever amp sim you had for this one and see what it does.
good luck!
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Harry_HH wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am It was the end of August last year. We have a Pianoteq Standard license left over from that sale, are you interested in that?
What is/was that price?
$219

So what's the PA surprise? :?

And please don't tell me it's a surprise! :x :)
What ever!

Uncle E wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:21 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 am It was the end of August last year. We have a Pianoteq Standard license left over from that sale, are you interested in that?
What is/was that price?
$219
OK - something between 15-20 %. Obviously they are doing well enough not to have bigger sales.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really wish that Native Instrument's vouchers weren't worthless. Not once in five years have I been able to use a voucher on a single NI purchase I have made.

D.Wako wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:16 pm So what's the PA surprise? :?
I think they mean the SPL Twintube deal, "surprise" merely indicating you have to go to their site to find out.

No real surprise. Just a $29 price tag (minus $20 if you didn’t use the voucher yet).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”