New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Currently £12 at plugin boutique 😳
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:42 pm Currently £12 at plugin boutique 😳
Insanity :party:

I have codex but this is a nobrainer
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Have they fixed MPE support as when I tried it last month it seemed broken as others confirmed?
Or does it need effort to configure it for MPE support!

Not sure. One of the fixes for the latest beta was

-In MPE Mode Glide wasn’t always polyphonic.

so it looks like MPE mode is working for someone enough to determine that something wasn't working with glide.

How do i transfer the content folder? Do i just copy \ paste it to a different folder?

Great update though. I just wish the filter slope would change when selecting between 12 or 24db. But i guess it's a minor thing 🙂

yauluhim wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 am How do i transfer the content folder? Do i just copy \ paste it to a different folder?
Even I want to know how to do this successfully. I tried moving the 'IgniteVST' folder to a different location, but when I fire up Sektor (The latest update) and locate the new location, Sektor does nothing and stays in that screen. Anyone who's moved the Sektor 'content' successfully, can you please share the process and what you did?

Thanks!
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

on Mac can download SymbolicLinker, makes it easier to make symbolic links... any plugin with a big library i have on an SD card that sits in my ninja adaptor... never an issue.

https://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/releases

Yeah, I use a 512GB microSD card as my data drive. It's got all my sound libraries on it, plus all my working files and everything else.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:14 am Yeah, I use a 512GB microSD card as my data drive. It's got all my sound libraries on it, plus all my working files and everything else.
How does it work? It's stable and generally no issues?

Yeah, it's great. A couple of years ago I bought a 4 year old Surface Pro 2 to use purely as a tablet. I enjoyed using it so much it ended up replacing my laptop, at which time I needed more space, so I bunged a 128GB microSD into it and that worked perfectly. When I upgraded to my Acer 2-in-1, I upped it to 256GB and it was still good. Earlier this year I upped it again to 512GB, after prices dropped heaps, and it continues to work really well. I am in the process of replacing the Acer with a serious gaming laptop with an SSD and an HDD so it will be interesting to see if the HDD feels faster or slower than the microSD. Eventually I'll replace the HDD in the new laptop with a second SSD but that can wait until a mid-life refit in a couple of years. Gotta love upgradeable laptops!

I had a dodgy microSD card once but it was one I bought off eBay at a ridiculously cheap price. I assume it had probably failed their quality tests and been shipped out the back door by some dodgy factory worker or something. I also bought a pack of generic 3x64GB cards once and none of them worked at all. Since then I only buy genuine cards at a realistic price and I've had no problems. I have more than half-a-dozen cards of 128GB or more - laptops, tablets, phones, Walkman, GoPro, etc. - and never had even the slightest problem with any of them. They are all Samsung or SanDisk cards, all Class 10 / U3..
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

exponent1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:32 am
yauluhim wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 am How do i transfer the content folder? Do i just copy \ paste it to a different folder?
Even I want to know how to do this successfully. I tried moving the 'IgniteVST' folder to a different location, but when I fire up Sektor (The latest update) and locate the new location, Sektor does nothing and stays in that screen. Anyone who's moved the Sektor 'content' successfully, can you please share the process and what you did?

Thanks!
You have to relocate the sektor folder from within the IgniteVST folder. The IgniteVST folder has to stay in place. It worked for me in Windows 10.
However the Windows 1.3 beta version introduced some retriggering issues with some of the strings presets.

FotoxBr wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 pm
exponent1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks!
You have to relocate the sektor folder from within the IgniteVST folder. The IgniteVST folder has to stay in place. It worked for me in Windows 10.
However the Windows 1.3 beta version introduced some retriggering issues with some of the strings presets.
It worked! :hyper: Thanks a lot! :hug:

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 am and never had even the slightest problem with any of them. They are all Samsung or SanDisk cards, all Class 10 / U3..
Sounds great. I have so little ssd in my laptop that some 256 Kingston card would be perfect for storing samples etc.

Thanks for sharing :tu:

Return to “Instruments”