Massive X - the thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

OK - I have to retract my negative first impressions. I like Massive X - warts and all.
I'd go so far as to say that I like it more than most other NI stuff I've got.
Too bad it only runs on one of my computers, but I guess I won't have the other one forever.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:48 am Also never found any real use for KK and I am a Komplete Ultimate user. I guess it only makes sense as the plug in for their hardware keyboards. It amazes me that they had it so nearly right with Kore and then 10 years later have nothing even close to what they had, all the had to do was port Kore in to the keyboard format! They make some dumb ass design decisions IMHO- if they had ever made that workstation keyboard with Maschine built in (that so many people have been asking for) they would have cleaned up!
:tu:

Kore was a winner,but the bean counters won out....

Now NI have added pressure from the venture capitalists who have put money into the "Future of Sound"...

As we all know,venture capitalists are there for one reason only and it isn't about the music...

Well,I suppose you could describe the sound of cash registers ringing as having a certain tonal perspective :wink:
No auto tune...

JoeCat wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:45 pm
Jim Rosebrook wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 pm My experience with KK has been a net positive...
OT, but I'm thinking you may hold a KVR record for least number of posts over the longest time! :hihi:
Oh?

bonch wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:57 am
Jim Rosebrook wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 pm My experience with KK has been a net positive...
OT, but I'm thinking you may hold a KVR record for least number of posts over the longest time! :hihi:
Oh?
:tu:

Oh?
Literally LMAO my body 🤣

Oh?
Also, a bit proud that my post woke you out of sleep mode after...14 freakin’ years? Like, there are Olympic gymnasts that took less time to grow from gestation!

In many instances I love the sound of Massive X. There is something special about it (for me) and it keeps pulling me back to explore. I haven’t been as excited about the sound of a softsynth in years and I also really enjoy exploring it. You need to properly explore it, the presets are fairly boring imo (with some exceptions).

Haven’t demoed Phaseplant yet which looks impressive with more sources/effects/modulations and a more modular set up than MX.

MX was definitely rushed to the market, it’s not finished, and I don’t have a problem with people criticising NI given how big (and often arrogant) they are and all the marketing/hype leading up to this.

I’m hoping that NI will fix up all the obvious missing features and add some new stuff (would love it if it was even more modular and had more oscillator types/filter types/number of inserts etc). This has the potential to be a really amazing futuristic sounding synth.

Never once in all the lead-up to the first release,
did I ever consider the possibility that
V1 of Massive X would have the stability and support
that I've experienced with U-he products.
Hopefully the data received from error reports
will lead to a massive number of fixes and enhancements.

Two businesses in the same area and market,
yet very different business models,
and narry the twain shall meet.

JoeCat wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 am
Oh?
Literally LMAO my body 🤣
Especially as he just brought up his statistic by a staggering 10%! :hihi:

glokraw wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:43 pm Never once in all the lead-up to the first release,
did I ever consider the possibility that
V1 of Massive X would have the stability and support
that I've experienced with U-he products.
Hopefully the data received from error reports
will lead to a massive number of fixes and enhancements.
Did you try Massive X yourself? It's pretty stable here.

Apart from that, you kind of withhold that u-he releases discounted public betas, to nail out anything they couldn't in the internal beta tests. ;)

xanderevo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am It's a good synth,
nothing more that u-he/serum/anysynth has in 2019.

I live in germany, but sometimes I feel myself having a really bad time understanding german humor.
I'm talking about the crossgrade price, why do we even need one if it's 149€?

I don't get it.

Then about the pricing policies, let´s say MX is like what 200€? if you put for example a Monark in top of it are 300€ while Komplete 12 costs 599€.

As if someone walks into a car dealer company, "this car would be 50.000€, and that one for your wife 25.000€, but if you buy the whole f. parking lot with 50 cars it will make 99.000€"

It makes totally sense buying single plugins and not having a 220GB living graveyard on the hard drive

/phun
Well, first off, you can dispel the rumor of there being such a thing as “German humor.” :lol:

But they do really want you into Komplete, that’s for sure. $99 to go from v8 to v12? No brainer, really.

Here’s a pro tip: That giant graveyard? You only actually have to download the instruments you want to use! :hyper:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

if you do that they send a team of ninjas to break in and install the rest.
theres also unconfirmed reports they put sand in people clean socks and underwear. :scared:

zerocrossing wrote:Well, first off, you can dispel the rumor of there being such a thing as “German humor.” :lol:
"Funnybot disagrees"

I don't use any NI stuff and I'll be happy keeping it that way.

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:16 amKore was a winner,but the bean counters won out....
the discontinuation of Kore represents the failure of the computer music community to recognize what's good and useful because normally there would have been nobody left without a Kore by 2010, yet it was incredibly rare to see it in a studio. pure nonsense from complete scrubs in forums (some of you are still here) had discouraged many from getting one - to be fair, I can't give NI more than a 2/10 for promotion, marketing and education. 2/10 also seems like a good score for the KK project overall.

Return to “Instruments”