Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
faxinadu
KVRian
525 posts since 19 Oct, 2006 from Israel

Post Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:07 am

edit: wrong forum

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRian
1152 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Maybe I missed it on the Galbanum site, but I don't see anything that shows the compatibility of each of the formats with various wavetable synths. Does anyone know if anything like that exists?

I think it would be really useful to be able to cross-reference the various wavetable synths with each of the formats to determine which one is the most compatible.

PieBerger
KVRist
346 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 am

Forgotten wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm
Maybe I missed it on the Galbanum site, but I don't see anything that shows the compatibility of each of the formats with various wavetable synths. Does anyone know if anything like that exists?

I think it would be really useful to be able to cross-reference the various wavetable synths with each of the formats to determine which one is the most compatible.
You missed it :wink:

https://www.galbanum.com/products/archi ... eforms2010

About a third of the way down the page, left-hand side under heading "Formats". It's not quite the exhaustive list you're after, but there's plenty of information there to determine which formats will be compatible with each wavetable synth currently on the market. Serum, Hive, Live's Wavetable and AFAIK Phase Plant, to name a few are all compatible with the 32-FP format, for example. Each synth's user manual should tell you the format/s it can handle.
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2498 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 am

Could these be used in ModulAir?
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

Etienne1973
KVRist
465 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 am

Halonmusic wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 am
Could these be used in ModulAir?
Wavetable Oscillator
This module is a band-limited wavetable oscillator with the following parameters:

Waveform: Selects the current wavetable.
The Wavetable Oscillator can read Serum WAV and Waldorf Blofeld SysEx wavetable files. Any other WAV file will be treated as a wavetable of 2048 samples with at most 64 subsequent wavetable entries.

Source: Modulair 1.1 Manual Page 10
Download Demo Waveforms to find out what works with Modulair 1.1.

Concerning Single Cycle Waveforms: Either WAV32 or WAV24 should work. Like in the manual mentioned Modulair 1.1 works with waveforms of 2048 samples length like the Galbanum Waves. :tu:

Concerning Wavetables: Modulair 1.1 hast a limit of 64 slices but Galbanum provides WTs up to 256 slices. Perhaps you'd be better served just to purchase 1 Single Cycle Waveforms pack and organize them into WTs on your own with your WT-Editor of your choice.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRian
1152 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

See, this is what I'm talking about - would be great to have a table of synths lined up with the versions so that it's easy to look up

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2498 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 am

Etienne1973 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 am
Halonmusic wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 am
Could these be used in ModulAir?
Wavetable Oscillator
This module is a band-limited wavetable oscillator with the following parameters:

Waveform: Selects the current wavetable.
The Wavetable Oscillator can read Serum WAV and Waldorf Blofeld SysEx wavetable files. Any other WAV file will be treated as a wavetable of 2048 samples with at most 64 subsequent wavetable entries.

Source: Modulair 1.1 Manual Page 10
Download Demo Waveforms to find out what works with Modulair 1.1.

Concerning Single Cycle Waveforms: Either WAV32 or WAV24 should work. Like in the manual mentioned Modulair 1.1 works with waveforms of 2048 samples length like the Galbanum Waves. :tu:

Concerning Wavetables: Modulair 1.1 hast a limit of 64 slices but Galbanum provides WTs up to 256 slices. Perhaps you'd be better served just to purchase 1 Single Cycle Waveforms pack and organize them into WTs on your own with your WT-Editor of your choice.
Ok thanks. I think i'll just use Adventure Kids single cycle waves instead.
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

Schmidi
KVRist
190 posts since 23 Apr, 2011 from Seattle WA

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 am

FYI, these are on sale as I write this. I decided to grab the wavetable collection for use in Pigments. It works perfectly drag and dropping, and should work with many other VSTs.

KBSoundSmith
KVRian
780 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 am

Schmidi wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:03 am
FYI, these are on sale as I write this. I decided to grab the wavetable collection for use in Pigments. It works perfectly drag and dropping, and should work with many other VSTs.
I picked up the 32 bit FP collection yesterday, for use in Hive and Serum. I've been importing the waveforms into Serum, then exporting for use in Hive (haven't had a chance to learn Hive's scripting language yet, on my to-do). Hive has "multi-dimensional" wavetables, essentially vector synthesis rather than linear scanning of the wavetable. Fun stuff.

In any case, it's a great time to pick up the Galbanum waveforms, given all of the WT synths floating about.

EDIT: BTW, the license permits artistic use. If you intend to use these waveforms in for-sale preset packs/etc or anything that would distribute the waveforms, you do need to contact galbanum/2caudio/designersound/please-pick-one-company-name-Andrew :cry: :cry: for separate licensing

yemski
KVRian
680 posts since 2 Apr, 2004 from London

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:14 am

Bought a bunch of Galbanum waves years ago. You can stitch the cycles together in Serum quite easily and use them in most wavetable synths, Hive, Pigments, etc. The result of this was probably some of the best sounds I've created using wavetable synthesis, ever. It's time consuming, but well worth it.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRian
1152 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:17 am

Been using them in the AU version of Reason Europa. So many to explore though...

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3133 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 pm

You guys got me very interested in using these with wavetable synths! I am a WT newbie and only have used those that comes with various synths. I have Apple Alchemy (in logic), serum, hive, pigments, nave, largo... when I bought Kaleidescope I also got the waveforms wav64 pack but I havent touched it, not knowing really what to do with it.

I can get a discount because I have the wav64 pack... am I right to assume, based on what you've posted below, that the wav32 or the "wavetables" packs would be of use to me with those synths mentioned? It's kind of confusing when I dont really understand how it works so your help is appreciated. For $18 I can get the wav32 waveforms pack https://www.designersound.com/waveforms ... -pack.html# Is this what I should target to pick up? :phones:

Etienne1973
KVRist
465 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 pm
https://www.designersound.com/waveforms ... -pack.html# Is this what I should target to pick up? :phones:
Yes. This way you get both. Over 25'000 Single Cycle Waveforms in various formats. Plus them organized in 200 Wavetables.

Etienne1973
KVRist
465 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 pm
I have Apple Alchemy (in logic), serum, hive, pigments, nave, largo...
You have WAV64-Pack (Single Cycle Waveforms) already. I doubt all your synths accept WAV 64Bit. But check first.

codec_spurt
KVRAF
3576 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Re: Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

Post Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 pm

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:31 pm
You guys got me very interested in using these with wavetable synths!
Not as interested as I am in buying Tekturon off you!

You got mail.
"you're all GUI whores." - banned KVR member 'snooky'.

Return to “Instruments”