PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:31 pm
kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:30 pm wag
Omnisphere 2
Falcon
Absolute
Komplete
These aren't new.
AnX, this is his response to the synths I recommended.

How much clearer can he be?

dont talk to me

Stefken wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:15 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pm

I understand. Kev explicitly stated that he doesn't want anything that's not brand new.
no, he did not

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm
btw had a major disk crash last week. Wrecked my system. So am now looking at all things new :)
could me new as in a new install, new to him (not used before) or any other interpretation
Then why doesn't he bother expressing his needs and explaining it?
Bunch of people jumping in giving advice but OP is no where to be seen or heard. Previous thread was about the same. If people do they effort to advice, at least be active in your own thread. :?:
maybe he doesn't spend every waking hour on kvr :wink:

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:56 pm maybe he doesn't spend every waking hour on kvr :wink:
What kind of life is that? Poor guy...

The "new" part of the request is weird. Why new? And why would upgraded synths be excluded? I assume Falcon and Omnisphere get updates, changes, now and then. Are there any new (released first time in the last 12 months? 18? 24?) synths that have clearly outdone pre-existing ones? Anything besides Phase Plane (and is Phase Plant completely new, or is it incorporating a previous synth?). MSoundFactory is new (and it is not just a synth), but it is using a previous synth framework in part, right? The jury is still out on it, anyway, as it is in beta.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Sorry if I've appeared absent.

Been travelling.

Have read every post.

Thank you all for your ideas. Appreciated. All of you.

Pigments is well ahead now.

I love Avenger but the mod routings are hard for me to follow.

This has held me back in some ways. I don't have the time or patience others have.

Pigments seems to make modulating way more obvious, opening doorways to deeper synth explorations.

Mouthwatering.

The Pigments video dem earlier in this thread on random sample n hold is worth its weight in gold. Utterly inspiring.

Will get microtonic to go with pigments and have a blast into new areas.

I love being a muso if only for this transformative process as new worlds open up.

5 years ago I was playing Handel and Purcell on Kontakt.

2 years ago it was neo-trance.

Now for some outer space 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I believe you made a very wise choice in Pigments.

jeffb01 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:29 pm I believe you made a very wise choice in Pigments.
No kidding Mr President of the Pigments Fan Club 8)

kevvvvv wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 pm ....Pigments is well ahead now.....
Well ahead of what?

Oh - and by the way - there are no new synths.

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm DM is one of the greatest bands ever,
:tu: I agree.
and I was at the Music For the Masses spring leg for the US tour back in 1988 (on 21st of May, 1988 to be exact). That show was legendary.
Lucky you! :x
Their concert in the US is the best one. (so jealous of you now! :evil: )
I only have been in their concert in Athens 2001 or 2002 (I think) but they were without Alan Wilder :(

Massive x is new, lion by unfiltered audio is new, demo now, out next month.

'New' is a pretty bizarre requirement. "I don't care what it sounds like as long as it's new." :D

Since my disk crash last week, which wiped out all my plugs. Yes all of them (no backup, duh) I figured a new synth was the best way to start what is now a fresh system.

So instead of crying and be boring about how long it'll take to reload all my old plugs, the idea's to get something new & different to what I had, and begin there.

Pigments won the race.

I'll work with Microtonic drum synth and take it from there

- slowly reinstalling all my lost plugs over maybe months.

I see this as an opportunity rather than a loss.

So hooray :D

New disk installing on Monday. Begin then :tu:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Hey Kev,

Regarding the crash, I would advice you to get a backup app like Acronis True Image for example.
I do regular backups and when I buy a new synth or preset pack literally the first thing I do is backup the installer files and serial.
I also run a backup of my system regularly . As a consequence I only lost only 1 (one) day of data in my life due to HDD crash.

I'm pretty serious about it as I have most data on 2 different disks and my most important data on 1 extra drive at work (so if my house burns down I still have that backup). You don't have to be as OCD about it as I am, but by now I don't have to convince you of the importance of a backup system. So putting a moderate effort into it is a good thing to do.

Sidenote1: I guess you could retrieve most installers at the places where you bought them.
As I use Gmail for my mail all my mails (I'm with gmail since it was in beta a looong time ago) are still there with serial, proof of purchase and download info included.

Sidenote2 : an interesting thing to do is to take a backup of a clean system (all your most important stuff installed (your desert island configuration) but not everything).

Then when you're done installing everything, you take a seperate backup from that configuration.
With the clean system backup it's very easy to go back to a clean system (duh) whenever you want.

Whenever I read the thread title I simply think "relax and start to dive in". But here we fill 5 pages instead...
Btw., the Grid healed my GAS. I hope it will be forever...

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:15 am
SciFiArtMan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:06 am Or maybe he discovered Synth1, and is now plowing through the 14 million presets.
More likely. :)
Go and have a look at when Kevvvvvv joined KVR, he probably knew about Synth 1 long before you did.
EnGee wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:12 amAren't we all looking for pleasure? 8)
I'm not. I can't think of anything more self-indulgent.
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:15 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pmI understand. Kev explicitly stated that he doesn't want anything that's not brand new.
no, he did not
Actually, he did. Twice - "maybe I'm missing something new & good...
btw had a major disk crash last week. Wrecked my system. So am now looking at all things new
"
Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:34 pm The "new" part of the request is weird. Why new?
Because kevvvvv has been doing this a lot longer than you, longer even then me, so he's probably across the older stuff already.

Anyway, Pigments looks like a great choice. Id' have been more into it if I didn't have most of those bases covered multiple times already and/or if it was on sale for $30.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”